What a pity!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RingwaySam View Post
    Theres not much we can do about that. It's impossible to keep everyone on the site happy.
    I know that by reading through the forum
    I'm happy here-just giving my 2 cents on the topic

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
      We've had a great effort today from the screening team to get through some of the backlog and I'd also like to welcome our newest member of the screening team, Dave Henderson, who has joined us this weekend. Dave has been a long standing contributer to the site with some excellent quality photos. So please no moaning anyone about us not taking on new screeners!
      Ah. I was wondering who the mysterious "DH" was who left me a compliment on a recently accepted 727 shot.

Much appreciated. And kudos to all on another epic queue-reducing job.

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam View Post
        Theres not much we can do about that. It's impossible to keep everyone on the site happy.

It's not a coincidence, no. Unfortunately whenever the queue is reduced to what it is today, we get an influx of crap photos. We don't suddenly change the way we screen just because the queue is low.

Sam
        Well, I am one of tha happy ones right now. Once again, thanks for the hard work guys, I NEVER expected to see the queue at under 6000. Simply outstanding. I'm just being curious here but ... how did you manage to reduce the queue that much?

About the influx of crap pictures, weren't they uploaded anyway, the difference being it took longer for them to be screened?

again, thanks!

rgds

Comment

Originally posted by Alberto U. View Post
          .....About the influx of crap pictures, weren't they uploaded anyway, the difference being it took longer for them to be screened?

again, thanks!

rgds
          Actually......you are probably very correct. We just didn't notice them in amongst the better stuff.

It is true to say though that there are a few......shall we say......lower grade photogs....who won't upload if they have to wait a couple of weeks but will upload if it only takes a few days.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

And generally there are less obvious faults, if the waiting time is longer. All in all I would say I had at least triple the Scan / Cmos rejection this weekend compared to when the queue was at 15.000.

Comment

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
              Hans,
              I definitely agree with you on the issue as above.
              And one more thing.
              I think that when there is a quick screening, there are many more rejections.
              Actually I do not think, I'm sure. The statistics are not misleading!
              Note that three files attached:
              The accepted ratio percentage is down recently.
              It is no coincidence in my opinion.

I just wanted to remind, before somebody writes another answer, against me, that I wrote here many times that does not always have to hurry with the screening...

Best regards,
              Erez.
              These 3 graphs are misleading. July acc. rate is currently at around 65.6%, june was at 67,1%, 2012 total is around 66.1%. So, hardly a significant change.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by smartguy24 View Post
                Ah. I was wondering who the mysterious "DH" was who left me a compliment on a recently accepted 727 shot.

Much appreciated. And kudos to all on another epic queue-reducing job.
                No worries Andrew, I'm the secret mysterious screener I do enjoy leaving comments from time to time on both images I like and images I happen to reject.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Working...
                X