What a pity!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a pity!

What a pity it is that we are now up to 20(+) days before screening takes place.

Or are our screeners still in there winter sleep period?

Well I am just back from my first holiday in two years.... So no we are not in winter sleep but still we need some relaxing time. Will be screening soon to get it back to 19days :-p
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

.....and I just got home from Malta. Can I have a cuppa tea first please ?
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
        .....and I just got home from Malta. Can I have a cuppa tea first please ?
        Of course Brian, and take a beer on my account as wel!
        But then, on the devil you go screening again!

Comment

Originally posted by J.Louwen View Post
          What a pity it is that we are now up to 20(+) days before screening takes place.

Or are our screeners still in there winter sleep period?
          No, but after screening a bit more than 30'000 photos in 6 months, I thought to make a break for a few weeks or months. I hope that's OK for you.
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
            No, but after screening a bit more than 30'000 photos in 6 months, I thought to make a break for a few weeks or months. I hope that's OK for you.
            Ok, I accept all the excuses!
            But as I said to Brian, "on the devil go on screening again"!

Comment

Last time we smashed the que we were inundated with crap to be honest. So when the que builds up there is more quality pictures uploaded which is good for everyone really. Also at the same time when your averaging 1200+ images in a 24hr period you will never be able to catch up. JP is becoming very popular now, which is good and bad.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Louwen View Post
                Ok, I accept all the excuses!
                But as I said to Brian, "on the devil go on screening again"!
                It wasn't an excuse, just a fact.
                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I only use flickr now so I don't have to deal with this, however I hear friends complaining and telling me how long the queue is now... and I was just shown this post, so I'll speak up for those afraid to do so.

"I've screened XXXXX photos already", "I've been on holiday", "Can't we take holidays".... boo hoo.... I don't think any photographer gives a rats how many photos the screeners have screened or when they are on holiday, they just want their photos screened within a normal time frame... lets say .... 10 days. There are so many here that are pissed off with it but are too worried to post as they fear their photos will be rejected.

When the queue is this long there is a need for more screeners OR the ones you have need to be doing a better job as it seems some... are not.

Now, insult me, do your little group jokes.... no matter as I will not be looking at this post again. Uploaders know I'm right even if a few post their little "I'm with the screeners kiss kiss kiss" post.

Comment

Personally I am actually okay with it because this summer I am quite busy :P

O.K., I admit that I did contribute 11 photos towards the queue, with 47 more in my folder on my computer. But I've thought carefully over these and pretty sure that at least most of them are up to quality

Screeners, just to assure you, there is at least someone out there who understands you guys have a life :P

Everybody please enjoy their summer (or winter if you're in Australia I guess)

Jerry
                    Remember on your hardest days, that the airplanes always take off against the wind... afterwards, the skies are all yours.

Comment

Don't forget the summer just started and many European screeners are out for spotting or whatever. I don't really care about the long screening time.

If 20 days is too long for someone here, he can upload his pictures on a.net. They need only 10 days. But keep in mind the rejection ratio is much higher so at the end maybe your picture is more than ten days in the queue

Comment

Originally posted by hkgspotter1 View Post
                        Now, insult me, do your little group jokes.... no matter as I will not be looking at this post again. Uploaders know I'm right even if a few post their little "I'm with the screeners kiss kiss kiss" post.
                        If you won't be looking at this thread again then you won't be able to read me say you're one of the most arrogant and self-righteous people I've ever seen on any internet forum, and I've seen some really arrogant and self-righteous people on internet forums....
                        Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
                          If you won't be looking at this thread again then you won't be able to read me say you're one of the most arrogant and self-righteous people I've ever seen on any internet forum, and I've seen some really arrogant and self-righteous people on internet forums....
                          ...and so have I ..... and not always the same ones ...... sometimes ! but on this occasion

Comment

I only use flickr now so I don't have to deal with this, however I hear friends complaining and telling me how long the queue is now... and I was just shown this post, so I'll speak up for those afraid to do so.

"I've screened XXXXX photos already", "I've been on holiday", "Can't we take holidays".... boo hoo.... I don't think any photographer gives a rats how many photos the screeners have screened or when they are on holiday, they just want their photos screened within a normal time frame... lets say .... 10 days. There are so many here that are pissed off with it but are too worried to post as they fear their photos will be rejected.

When the queue is this long there is a need for more screeners OR the ones you have need to be doing a better job as it seems some... are not.

Whether the uploaders give a rats arse or not, that's the reality. I've personally been ill for the past three weeks and have been in and out of hospital this week. My health is more important that keeping the likes of you happy, simple as.

Comment

When I get paid to screen then I'll let you speak to me like that....until then, up yours you arrogant little prick.

What a shame that he won't get to see this eh ? Still, makes ME feel better.

...from his profile....

Mini Statistics
                              Join Date 11-27-2002
                              Total Posts 702
                              Show All Statistics
                              Friends
                              hkgspotter1 has not made any friends yet
                              No shit ? what a surprise !!
                              Last edited by brianw999; 2012-07-05, 11:05.

Comment

Working...
                              X