What a pity!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
    Sometimes I really think, the queue is programmed like that .....
    Maybe some queue admin/programmer is rigging it to make a point
    [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Sometimes I really think, the queue is programmed like that .....
      I don't think so Gerardo I would say more like natural justice....strictest Screener of flying insects shots.If they get past you they must be good Popham shots.
      He's gone very quiet

Comment

Natural justice would be a crashing upload page when "Popham" or "small prop" is selected
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Or airport not found

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn1979 View Post
            Or airport not found
            My favourite would be "no aircraft to see in that photo"
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Well done screeners, well done! Queue down to almost 7000.
              But I am sorry to tell you that I've started uploading again so I hope the queue didn´t rise too fast

Comment

Natural justice would be a crashing upload page when "Popham" or "small prop" is selected
                He's still very quiet either working or too busy on Facebook...bet he comes in saying noooo.....something akin to.. busy rejecting Dublin uploads

Comment

On a training course but........

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgPePk3kGZk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

.....and the next Popham is just 9 days away. ....and rumours that super moderator status gives me certain queue manipulation rights are entirely false. Trust me, I'm a paramedic !!
                  Last edited by brianw999; 2012-07-19, 04:05.
                  If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

The queue has been steady at around 7000 for several days now .. excellent guys! thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Alberto U. View Post
                      The queue has been steady at around 7000 for several days now .. excellent guys! thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                        On a training course but........

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgPePk3kGZk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

.....and the next Popham is just 9 days away. ....and rumours that super moderator status gives me certain queue manipulation rights are entirely false. Trust me, I'm a paramedic !!
                        Still too bad you were not there when I was at Popham in May of this year.

Comment

Thank you screeners!!! From 7,500 in the queue to processed in just over 4 days - that is dedication from all of you!!!!

Comment

Foreword: I am not complaining...I'm simply commenting on the topic.

Dropping the queue is always a good thing, but it floods the DB to the point where # of views per shot are horrible! I've had 13 shots accepted over the last 14 days, but total "yesterday views" for all of my shots are well below 1,000 every day.

I know views aren't everything but I put a good deal of work into post-processing to bring out the best quality possible and I like for others to see that.

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by hdgrubb View Post

Dropping the queue is always a good thing, but it floods the DB to the point where # of views per shot are horrible! I've had 13 shots accepted over the last 14 days, but total "yesterday views" for all of my shots are well below 1,000 every day.

I know views aren't everything but I put a good deal of work into post-processing to bring out the best quality possible and I like for others to see that.
                              Hans,
                              I definitely agree with you on the issue as above.
                              And one more thing.
                              I think that when there is a quick screening, there are many more rejections.
                              Actually I do not think, I'm sure. The statistics are not misleading!
                              Note that three files attached:
                              The accepted ratio percentage is down recently.
                              It is no coincidence in my opinion.

I just wanted to remind, before somebody writes another answer, against me, that I wrote here many times that does not always have to hurry with the screening...

Best regards,
                              Erez.

Comment

Originally posted by hdgrubb View Post

Theres not much we can do about that. It's impossible to keep everyone on the site happy.

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
                                The accepted ratio percentage is down recently.
                                It is no coincidence in my opinion.
                                It's not a coincidence, no. Unfortunately whenever the queue is reduced to what it is today, we get an influx of crap photos. We don't suddenly change the way we screen just because the queue is low.

Sam

Comment

Working...
                                X