Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A public message to all of the screening team !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A public message to all of the screening team !

Dear screening team !

I feel important needs to write to you this public message, because I feel that we have sometimes "miscommunication."

I do not want to claim that you make me wrong on purpose, not at all, I think it's just that you do not understand the situation, as it is in the area.

I'm not saying I'm always right in all cases, certainly not, I think that you are fair. But I think sometimes your stiffness completely unnecessary.
    I mean now to my photos from Arad airstrip.

I would like to explain about the structures you see in the background, these are not permanent buildings at all !. These are tents, shacks, and other kinds of elements of the Bedouin environment in the desert. So It's impossible to determine the horizon from these things.

No one will be angry about you, no one will say you're wrong, if you get a photo like in this example.

Yes, I know it will be comments like "Here Erez crying again..." ... I know about these responders.
    But I'm not crying at all, I'm just disappointed because I feel that make me wrong, and I feel compelled to write about it.

I'm not a little kid, I one of the first contributors to this site.
    And I think that you can definitely get out of the box sometimes...

Have a good day.

Erez.

Erez, I think it might be better for both yourself, and the screening team, if you took a break from the site. I mean both uploading and the forums.

It is not often it comes to this, however I do not believe that Jetphotos will ever meet your expectations, and the time and energy spent by our team in dealing with your specific issues is disproportionate to other members.

The queue is very long, there are many administrative tasks to conduct and I cannot justify any more resources.

I am sure that any payment in advance you have made to the site can be refunded.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
      Erez, I think it might be better for both yourself, and the screening team, if you took a break from the site. I mean both uploading and the forums.

It is not often it comes to this, however I do not believe that Jetphotos will ever meet your expectations, and the time and energy spent by our team in dealing with your specific issues is disproportionate to other members.

The queue is very long, there are many administrative tasks to conduct and I cannot justify any more resources.

I am sure that any payment in advance you have made to the site can be refunded.
      Dear Anthony,

With all due respect, and I have a lot of respect, it's evasive answer to the situation, rather than dealing with the situation.

I'm not talking about money, it does not matter at all.

You probably are not accustomed to a person like me who does not hesitate to write from time to time when he feels wronged.

Do you think this rejection is justified in every way?

I am absolutely sure that not all of the screening team think it's justified rejection. I do not have any doubt about that.

Now I'm really taking a long break from the forum, because it really does not help me, it wastes my time and yours, and we all get angry for nothing.

I also taking a break with uploading photos for a week at least, but photos that are already in the queue will remain in the queue , and I hope for more understanding from all of you, and also some thinking out of the box, that's all for now.

With kind regards,
      Erez.
      Last edited by Guest; 2012-10-03, 06:41.

Comment

Erez, your response further demonstrates the passive aggressive approach you take to dealing with us.

As I responded in our private discussion your photos are, more often that not, voted on, so at least two screeners agree with the rejection.

As I told you, I have examined your situation, not evaded it as you claim. I am more than accustomed to contributors who feel hard done by, and the great majority of these people now happily participate knowing our expectations, as we do theirs. Others have chosen to leave the site, as is their choice.

You are an exception. I do hope you enjoy your break.

Comment

Erez, yes the photo has been correctly rejected. Check the buildings and the tower in the background. But you can of course appeal it and discuss it further in the forum, bring other rejections and so on. Feel free! ... As some may feel free not to reply anymore.
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Erez, I'm going to be blunt with you, what do you seriously expect to gain from posting so many 'big disappointment' messages after every batch of rejections.

Any time you have a batch of rejections, without a fail, you start a breaking heart thread and you question the screening team and wonder why the site cannot lower the standards to suit your images. Instead you accuse us of not thinking outside of the box. Time and time again screeners have pointed out the flaws in the rejected images which are usually easily fixable and yet you still wonder why they cannot be accepted and basically ignore any advice given from screeners.

It's got to the point where you have ignored so many screener's attempts at offering you advice that they simply don't bother any more, and who can blame them if the advice goes unheeded?

By your words, you are one of the first contributors to the site, which means you've been here one of the longest and yet you seemingly have learnt little to nothing with regards to rejections. Your attitude it terrible to be honest, no one is ever right apart from yourself and that attitude unfortunately is not going down well on the forums and with the crew. We can only handle so much of it.

As you know, the screening queue is relatively long, somewhere around the 14,500 mark at the minute, which is far from ideal so we really can not be wasting time dealing with your heart break messages after every batch of rejections. In the time it's taken me to compose this message, I probably could've screened 40 to 50 images.

Finally, when the suggestion of taking a break from the site was suggested to you, a break of a week was not was in mind. Several months at the very minimum would be better so you can really assess whether JP.net is the site for you. If after several months away from the site, you feel you would still like to contribute towards JP.net, then change your attitude, learn from rejections and post less heart break threads.

Dave

Comment

Since I decided to take a break, and I intend to keep that going, I'll respond now about only one issue, which is the source of your mistake, and I'm not going to argue at all, just explain to you in the last time what is your fatal mistake, And I write it briefly as possible.

I am dealing now only about the issue of "Horizon Unlevel" in Arad airstrip, and nothing else.
              As I wrote before, I will write again: None of you have know about this place. I'm sure a hundred percent certainty.
              I explained to you several times before here and in the "Comments to Screeners" box.

Maybe you do not believe me, maybe it doesn't interest you, but it's a fact, so I will write here again for the last time after I reading your all answers, before I take a break:
              Arad airstrip is a small airstrip in the desert, without careful planning, and it is not a standard airfield.

Also all of the elements you see in the background are temporary things such as tents, huts, sheds, etc., these things made by Bedouin nomads, and there is nothing permanent in the background, and according to these elements you can not determine the horizon clearly.

True, there are a crooked pillar far in the background , but it can not be used as a means of measuring the horizon in the photo. (It's refers to the answer from Gerardo).

But it does not matter now, since I can not convince you.
              So, this is it for now.
              -----
              Erez.
              Last edited by Guest; 2012-10-03, 16:41.

Comment

Erez

I'm going to weigh in here not as a crew member or a screener, but as another photographer that has gone through my own fair share of rejections.

I looked at your rejected picture and - I hate to tell you this - I agree with the screeners - it leans to the left a lot. When I get horizon unlevel rejections and it is similar to your situation - not a lot to focus on for a straight line, I look for other things - like - in this case, there is a bank behind the runway. Now, while it is not the same height all along, there are aspects of it that allow you to get a little more of a sense of the horizon. Taking your picture, I used those sort of criteria to level the picture out a little more to what I think the screeners might be looking for (screeners - shout and yell at me if I am wrong!! ). In situations like this - think outside of the box a little more and use judgement rather than a solid line. Here is the result of what I did.. Hope this helps a little more.....

Comment

I've taken the liberty of rotating your image Clockwise by 0.75 degrees and personally I find it more levelled and a bit more acceptable than your rejected image.

I'm not sure why I even bothered doing this as it will probably fall on deaf ears, but I thought I'd at least try and show you what us screeners are seeing and why your appeal was rejected.

Dave

Edit: I see I was just beaten by Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chips View Post
                    Edit: I see I was just beaten by Mark
                    Sorry Dave - thought I'd weigh in as the layman! Didn't mean to steal your thunder!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
                      Sorry Dave - thought I'd weigh in as the layman! Didn't mean to steal your thunder!!
                      Not at all Mark, you pretty much helped to prove a point, the image looks a lot better with CW rotation, and if non screeners can see that, then it's a good thing.

Dave

Comment

Dave, I haven't "deaf ears", and I'm not angry about your "blunt" ...
                        Also my thanks to you Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
                          The "deaf ears" is a saying, and not actually an insult aimed at you Erez.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
                            Does this mean you finally believe us, that the photo is unlevel?
                            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                              Does this mean you finally believe us, that the photo is unlevel?
                              In this case definitely yes, I apologize about my mistake.
                              But I think that it's not inevitable rejection, Also you talked about the "Tower" and buildings in the background, but my mistake was with the runway leveled.
                              And let's stop here please, I promised a break, please don't force me to write more...

Comment

Working...
                              X