Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos by date

Hello Boys and Girls

I have an oddball problem that may or may not be correctly placed in this forum. But let me explain.

Lets say my family and I have 3 cameras - 2 point and shoot and 1 Nikon D90 (mine). We go for a day of spotting and everyone takes photos.

Now back home I place all the photos in one single folder. If I want to place them in order of date and time my Windows 7 folder correctly places in order by date and time the point and shoot photos but places my Nikon D90 photos at the bottom or at the top. For example.

Lumix Photo 1.jpg June 11, 2012 9:50
    Canon Photo 1.jpg June 11, 2012 9:52
    Lumix Photo 2.jpg June 11, 2012 10:35
    Canon Photo 2.jpg June 11, 2012 10:40
    NikonD90 Photo1.jpg June 11, 2012 9:53

No matter what I do, the NikonD90 photo should be in third place but is always first or last - nonetheless it is a JPG and not a RAW photo.

This is driving me bananas
    Anybody know how to order photos from multiple cameras in one folder?
    Cheers!!

Alberto

The only thing I can think about is that Windows is either pulling something from the Metadata or if you're using a program to download the files to your computer, the software is doing something else.

I have resorted to renaming the files from my cameras, so my Rebel XT shoots "IMG_xxxx", my 7D "E7D_xxxx" and my 1Ds "3C5TXXXX" (which is driving me nuts so I just use a program to change it to "E1DS_XXXX", I presume that the prefix setting was somehow changed by the previous owner and I haven't been able to figure out how to change it).

This way the images are sorted by camera, usually helpful because if I'm using two cameras it means that one camera was used for something and the other for something else (eg. during airshows, 7D for flying displays with a zoom, 1Ds/XT for statics with a shorter lens)
    [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

This may be a silly question - although it's usually the silly stuff that I overlook that cause me the biggest headaches - but do you have AM/PM set correctly on the camera's clock?
      KC-135: Passing gas and taking names!

Comment

Working...
      X