Something has got to change!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something has got to change!

Greetings everyone, I am going to be standing on my soapbox and express my frustrations about to issues I have with this site.

So let us begin. I submitted a photo to JP 32 days ago. The first rejection was for bad info. I had taken a morning sunrise shot with a silhouette of a aircraft in the sky. When I uploaded the photo I but airbus 319 but airline was unknown. Rejected I was told by the screener if I don't know the airline or the make then make it unknown.

So I did , and 16 days later I get another rejection. I think this is BS. I can not guess what the Aircraft is. So I appeal the second photo and I get this from the screener.
    processed and has been rejected.
    Admin Comments >> Surely you know what airline it is? It\'s not difficult to work that out. Once you have worked out what airline it is then you can put the correct aircraft type in. If you really don\'t know what airline it is then I suggest in the future you make a note of what airline it is. I\'m probably taking a very large guess here, but given that it is Phoenix and US Airways happens to be a big carrier there, it is possibly very maybe a US Airways Airbus?

I am not in the guessing game. It could have been any airline that runs into PHX . That's why we have that option I thought.

I bet that one can see the airline in the original if you equalize and brighten the original. The area where the titles are a not black and still contain information in the up-loaded version. They are just too small to make a guess.

Comment

Jason, with all due respect, in this day and age it really isn't hard to find out what the airline/reg is. If you would have brought up the problem earlier you would have been able to playback the landing recordings on flightradar24.

Sam

Comment

Jason, nothing needs to change. We have always asked for the Airline and the Aircraft type on JetPhotos to maintain database integrity. It's nothing new. If you don't know the registration, then fair enough you can leave that bit blank. I think this is what the original screener must have been refering to.
        Looking through the photos at Phoenix, the carrier that apppears to fly 319s in there is US Airways, so there's a huge probability that it's a US Airways A319-132. Then leave the registration blank saying that you can't see it. The registration is the only part that we will make allowances for.

Comment

A suggestion for further morning/evening shoots. Make a written note of the reg details of each aircraft.
          Alternatively take a quick shot of the reg as the aircraft passes by. Enhance this using shadow/highlight tool in photoshop and you should get enough info to ID the aircraft.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thanks for all your thoughts but I did that in my first upload which was rejected . Then I did it unknown because that's what was suggested. And that lead to another rejection . That's why I am opening this discussion.

Comment

Please enter the following, unless you know 100% it is not US Airways:

Airline: US Airways
              Aircraft: Airbus A319-132

That should be all you need.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
                Please enter the following, unless you know 100% it is not US Airways:

Airline: US Airways
                Aircraft: Airbus A319-132

That should be all you need.
                Thank you, I will do that again. That is what I did in the first place. I figured that Unknown, Unknown was the perfect option. But I am over it now, not sure I want to wait another 16 days for it to be screened again. Although when you said there is a huge probability that it is US Airways. I think you are correct, but I didn't think this was a guessing game.

Comment

Also next time take another photo side on of the aircraft so you know the rego.

Comment

Working...
                  X