Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Upload

Hello Everybody

I just had a photo rejected because one of the problems was "Double Upload". Now let me make clear what happened:

Photo 1 was taken on April 01 with plane XYZ landing on runway 17L and was accepted

Photo 2 was taken on May 31 with the same plane landing on runway 35L

The angle of both photos is practically the same. Yet different dates and different times.

Is this grounds enough for calling it "Double Upload"?

This worries me because I like to take photos of planes landing. Obviously in the same airport I will tend to take the same plane at the same angle, if the same plane shows up.

I don't think I have had this problem before but it really makes me wonder.
    Thank you and happy spotting

Alberto

Originally posted by aceriana View Post
    Is this grounds enough for calling it "Double Upload"?
    Similar upload, yes. As mentioned in the appeal rejection, both photos are identical.

2.6 Similar

Means that you have a similar photo already in the database. Please upload only your best photos, try other angles, be creative. Similar refers to same registration, same angle/composition or same background, even if taken at different dates or in different phases of flight. The angle between uploads must differ by at least 45 degrees. However, if a new upload is of a significantly better quality, we may consider accepting it. Close up views and full or partial views of an a/c taken at the same angle, are generally considered similar.

For pictures taken at different airports 1 similar photo will be accepted. For further up-loads the usual criteria applies.

For cockpit shots do not upload photos of specific instruments or controls if they appear in another full cockpit image. We will only accept a certain number of cockpit or window shots taken in the same aircraft (normally no more than 3).

Comment

Well Ringway Sam has the answer for all of us.

As the Latins used to say "Lex, dura Lex, sed lex"... which means:
      The law, a harsh law, but nonetheless it's the law.

So I will happily abide and try my best to avoid this problem in the future.
      Thank you

Alberto

Comment

Well..... here I am again with a double upload issue.
        This is PHOTO 1 of SP-LIM (cockpit) at Malpensa airport - accepted

This is PHOTO 2 of SP-LIM (cockpit) at Warsaw airport - rejected because of double upload.

Now I really do not understand the rules. I thought the rule said "For pictures taken at different airports 1 similar photo will be accepted"

So - where does my photo stand - rejected or not?

Alberto

Comment

Originally posted by aceriana View Post
          Well..... here I am again with a double upload issue.
          This is PHOTO 1 of SP-LIM (cockpit) at Malpensa airport - accepted

[ATTACH]5139[/ATTACH]

This is PHOTO 2 of SP-LIM (cockpit) at Warsaw airport - rejected because of double upload.

[ATTACH]5140[/ATTACH]

Now I really do not understand the rules. I thought the rule said "For pictures taken at different airports 1 similar photo will be accepted"

So - where does my photo stand - rejected or not?
          She was correctly rejected for similair,not double.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=4010484
          “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

I tend to not agree - the photo is similar but as the rule states - at a different airport.

Therefore I think it should be accepted.
            I have one photo of SP-LIM (cockpit) at Malpensa, accpeted.
            Now I am trying to have the acceptance of SP-LIM (cockpit) similar and once more accepted at Warsaw (different airport).

I agree it should not be accepted if both photos were at the same aiport. But they are at different airports and different times of day (one daylight and one at night).

Alberto

Comment

I have to say Alberto that, forgetting the similar issue for now, I see little point in uploading a picture of glass cockpits when they are switched off !

Personally speaking I would have rejected for motive in that there is nothing happening.
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I checked the photo in question. The location is nowhere visible, so is not taken into account.
                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

The "other airport rule" does not count for cockpit, cabin or other shots of the aircraft interior.

For cockpit shots do not upload photos of specific instruments or controls if they appear in another full cockpit image. We will only accept a certain number of cockpit or window shots taken in the same aircraft (normally no more than 3).
                  To make it clear, we will not accept 3 similars.

Comment

Without trying to sound rude, the rejected photo is not as good as the one accepted. I don't understand why you wanted to upload it? The displays are unreadable.

Comment

Well James, no rude answer from you. If you tell me that I am a complete fool that may be rude, but if you say my photo is not as good as the other, I accept this from an expert.

This means I have to go back to the drawing board and improve my checklist when uploading a photo - if it is double or not and of course, if it is worth uploading.

Cheers from a rainy Northern Italy

Alberto

Comment

Working...
                      X