Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasses

Hi guys,

I have trouble editing my plane pictures. I now wear glasses behind my PC (I have + 1 right, + 0,5 left), but sometimes I don't trust what I see. When I think a picture isn't sharp, I take the glasses off to see if they indeed are not sharp, and when I think a picture is sharp, I take the glasses of to see if they are really sharp. This is weird, I know... or is it?

Are there members of this site who have the same problem? I am talking about people that just got glasses, not people who have always worn them.

Thanks.

Hinkelbein

I think it takes a few months until you eyes have fully adjusted to the glasses. Especially with + values you can very well compensate those with your eye and you are used to doing it. Especially if you focus on something very intentionally.

Let me guess at the end of a day at work you had a little problems reading small text on the screen and had to sit further away than usual. And your new problem is stronger when you are well rested and have not spent hours looking at the monitor already.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
      Let me guess at the end of a day at work you had a little problems reading small text on the screen and had to sit further away than usual. And your new problem is stronger when you are well rested and have not spent hours looking at the monitor already.
      This is exactly right! Have you had the same problems?

BTW: I am now editing some pictures and I will have to wait and see if they get accepted. I am very curious if sharpness is in order with the new pics.

Comment

I was getting very similar problems. I need to use varifocal glasses for my day to day living but of course that involves constant changes in focal distance.
        Sitting at a computer though is a different issue. You are looking at the monitor from a set distance and if I wear my day to day glasses I find myself constantly shifting in my seat to focus.
        To fix this problem I went to see my optician who recommended a pair of glasses set for a fixed distance. He told me to go home and first set up my monitor for focus, colour and view angle and measure the distance from the bridge of my nose to the screen.
        He then adjusted the lenses until I was seeing clearly at the distance that I normally sit from my monitor.
        The result ? Instant clear focus on the monitor and keyboard which happens to be the same distance away as the monitor.

He did however recommend not doing anything focus critical for the first ten to fifteen minutes of use to allow my eyes to settle to the fixed distance. This is easily got around by dealing with emails, forum issues etc. before I start screening or processing.
        Also, take a break for a few minutes every half hour or so. Continual screen use at a fixed focal length can cause eyestrain. It is for this reason that I only process 20 - 30 images at a time and only screen in 50 image batches.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by Hinkelbein View Post
          This is exactly right! Have you had the same problems?

BTW: I am now editing some pictures and I will have to wait and see if they get accepted. I am very curious if sharpness is in order with the new pics.
          Yes, it is a sign of getting older, as your eye muscles are more limited in their ability to correct your vision. For me it took some time to get used to. I was so trained to strain my eyes when focussing on something, that is was a reflex. The new glasses just made it worse. I switched to contact lenses for work and glasses at home and after a few weeks, I no longer had those problems. For screening and editing I uses some older edited shots as reference, so that was the smallest problem. (not much different to a new LCD)

Comment

I'll just let my eyes get used to the glasses for a while.
            It's new for me, since I never wore glasses, just sunglasses

I never had (and still have not) the feeling that there was something with my eyes, because I see very will, both with and without glasses.

But I had headaches rather often, so I decided to have my eyes tested... and it was then that I found out I had +1 and +0,5. Maybe this has been the case for years, who knows!

Comment

Hi guys,

I have trouble editing my plane pictures. I now wear glasses behind my PC (I have + 1 right, + 0,5 left), but sometimes I don't trust what I see.

Hinkelbein
              Always trying to find excuses?!

Comment

Originally posted by J.Louwen View Post
                Always trying to find excuses?!
                Coincidence or not: since I wear my glasses while editing/uploading pictures, I have not had a single rejection

Comment

Coincidence or not: since I wear my glasses while editing/uploading pictures, I have not had a single rejection
                  Maybe just lucky?

Comment

Funny, when I use my glasses, the rejection rate goes up like a rocket.

My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                      Funny, when I use my glasses, the rejection rate goes up like a rocket.
                      Is that maybe because you look at the wrong pictures then?

Comment

Working...
                      X