Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big help needed with my photos PLEASE

hello all,

i have added a photo and for some reason the front of the aircraft seems over exposed or blown out,
    what am i doing wrong,
    when shoot M i am looking through the camera and the camera is showing the centre arrow in the camera is in the middle so should be ok,

i will be very gratful with any help,

air new zealand the hobbit by ironmaiden1, on Flickr

Originally posted by iron View Post
    hello all,

i have added a photo and for some reason the front of the aircraft seems over exposed or blown out,
    what am i doing wrong,
    when shoot M i am looking through the camera and the camera is showing the centre arrow in the camera is in the middle so should be ok,

Can you post the pic without requiring a login to view maybe?

flickr

Comment

By shooting "M" do you mean "manual" settings on the camera? If so, letting us know the settings used may help. Looks like the high, oblique angle of the light on the aircraft may be part of the problem.

Comment

Sorry, I can't see the photo without logging in. Can you upload it somewhere else?
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Iron, hey mate. The camera picks up on the dark areas of the plane and shows that exposure rather than the white area of the plane. So you either under expose it, or pic the exposure balance off the white nose.

Comment

I don't think overexposure is a big deal in this particular photo. The problem you have is, the photo is pretty blurry. What settings are you using?

Comment

thanks

thank you for all your reply's

i hope you can now see the photo as ringway has put up the photo again

i did mean manual and settings was 1/500 F7 iso 100,

really don't know what i am doing wrong i am getting more rejects and i really don't want to make the screeners angry lol,
              i have stoped uploading until i have sorted this out,
              i am using a sigma 120-300 2.8 that is really heavy,

thanks so much for all your reply's

Comment

thank you for all your reply's

i hope you can now see the photo as ringway has put up the photo again

i did mean manual and settings was 1/500 F7 iso 100,

really don't know what i am doing wrong i am getting more rejects and i really don't want to make the screeners angry lol,
                i have stoped uploading until i have sorted this out,
                i am using a sigma 120-300 2.8 that is really heavy,

thanks so much for all your reply's
                You can try, albiet very carefully, to use the burn brush selectively on the overexposed nose. Works for me very well, in most post processing. Just check for halos after you touch up your nose.

flickr

Comment

hello all,

what am i doing wrong,

Re: the text that I have highlighted in red. Are you referring to the exposure indicator there ?

What camera do you use ? If it's a DSLR then for this kind of shot and this kind of lighting I would recommend using aperture priority at around f8, 100 ISO and underexpose by 0.33 EV. Use centre weighted exposure metering.
                  If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

hi brian,

yes i was referring to the exposure indicator,
                    i use a canon 7D,

i am just waiting for some sun to come out to go and try people's view's,

thank you everyone for all your reply's

iron

Comment

Working...
                    X