Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Editing advice thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Got rejection for backlit on this
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5899258

    I am a beginner and not sure about this, but i thought backlit is if the sun is behind the aircraft. In this case the sun was somewhere between pilots 1 and 2 o`clock.
    Can someone tell me, what backlit in this particular case means?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by HarryLi View Post
      Do you know how to use eraser to erase the jaggy after sharpening? I think it is a good way to avoid jaggys.
      Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this. I'm not an editing expert.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DirtyCrow View Post
        Got rejection for backlit on this
        https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5899258

        I am a beginner and not sure about this, but i thought backlit is if the sun is behind the aircraft. In this case the sun was somewhere between pilots 1 and 2 o`clock.
        Can someone tell me, what backlit in this particular case means?
        Backlit is, when the visibe side of the aircraft is not illuminated by the sun or any other light source. Backlit isnt fixable!
        Or here is what the Guideline says:
        5 Rejection reasons explained - Exposure

        5.1 Backlit

        As a general rule: Don't take pictures with the sun in your eyes, shooting against the sun puts the visible half of the aircraft in shadow which means we can't see it to its advantage. Backlit shots they will be rejected. As a rule of thumb: if the tail casts a shadow on the fuselage, the photo is most likely to be rejected for backlit.

        An exception to this is when the photographer is creating a sunset/sunrise type at which time the vivid colors and weak sunlight produce very pleasing results-properly executed dusk and dawn shots are always welcome but please don't flood us with such images because they are very difficult to get right.
        I hope that will help you in the future.
        Have a nice day and always happy spottings.
        Best Regards
        Julian S.
        Best Regards from Germany,
        Julian S.​

        Comment


        • Hey Guys, i have a question as well.

          This is rejected due to too much or too little contrast.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ecllr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	694.2 KB
ID:	1015869
          I have reworked it and this is what i have now.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ecllr2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	732.2 KB
ID:	1015870
          Is the 2nd Version acceptable now?

          Thanks in advance,
          Julian S.
          Best Regards from Germany,
          Julian S.​

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
            Hey Guys, i have a question as well.

            This is rejected due to too much or too little contrast.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]7768[/ATTACH]
            I have reworked it and this is what i have now.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]7769[/ATTACH]
            Is the 2nd Version acceptable now?

            Thanks in advance,
            Julian S.
            Hi, it's better than the original but I think it could do with a little more boost with the contrast.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ErezS View Post
              Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this. I'm not an editing expert.
              Please show how to erase jaggies after sharpening, it's good to know!

              Better be in stone age than in no age

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DirtyCrow View Post
                Got rejection for backlit on this
                https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5899258

                I am a beginner and not sure about this, but i thought backlit is if the sun is behind the aircraft. In this case the sun was somewhere between pilots 1 and 2 o`clock.
                Can someone tell me, what backlit in this particular case means?
                Look at the tail. It is completely in shadow = backlit.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Nito View Post
                  Please show how to erase jaggies after sharpening, it's good to know!
                  I'd advise against anything that might result in a rejection (or worse) for manipulation.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by HarryLi View Post
                    Do you know how to use eraser to erase the jaggy after sharpening? I think it is a good way to avoid jaggys.
                    Originally posted by Nito View Post
                    Please show how to erase jaggies after sharpening, it's good to know!
                    I would strongly suggest, not to go that path to delete imperfections, which were added in previous post processing steps. Look for solutions to sharpen a photo without getting jaggies in the first place. There are several helpful tutorials around, also in this forum.
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
                      Hey Guys, i have a question as well.

                      This is rejected due to too much or too little contrast.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]7768[/ATTACH]
                      I have reworked it and this is what i have now.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]7769[/ATTACH]
                      Is the 2nd Version acceptable now?

                      Thanks in advance,
                      Julian S.
                      Thanks James for the info,
                      is version N3 better now?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ecllr3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	725.8 KB
ID:	1015873

                      Thanks in advance again guys!
                      Have a nice day,
                      Julian S.
                      Best Regards from Germany,
                      Julian S.​

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                        I would strongly suggest, not to go that path to delete imperfections, which were added in previous post processing steps. Look for solutions to sharpen a photo without getting jaggies in the first place. There are several helpful tutorials around, also in this forum.
                        All right ~

                        Comment


                        • Hi,

                          Need some help with these:

                          1. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5889565. I leveled the shot using verticals around the Hyatt signage on the roof. That's what I typically use for these angle compositions

                          2. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5893873. I wanted a nose close up composition. Should I crop more on the left to just the fuselage. My thinking was that it would cut the radar dish and unbalance the picture

                          3. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5893864. Are the chocks clutter? Honestly I could not help those from any angle. Composition is for tight nose close up similar to this another pic of mine https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8591135.

                          4. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5898361. Based on the discussion in the forum earlier, I was asked to use to vertical lines in the center (light poles in this case) to level the shot. Previously hangar line was used.

                          Thanks and regards,
                          Siddarth

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
                            Thanks James for the info,
                            is version N3 better now?
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]7772[/ATTACH]
                            Not really. I still see this a likely being a contrast rejection. Unless you have specific motivation for wanting this accepted, perhaps best to leave it for the personal collection.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Siddarth.Bhandary View Post
                              Hi,

                              Need some help with these:

                              1. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5889565. I leveled the shot using verticals around the Hyatt signage on the roof. That's what I typically use for these angle compositions

                              2. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5893873. I wanted a nose close up composition. Should I crop more on the left to just the fuselage. My thinking was that it would cut the radar dish and unbalance the picture

                              3. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5893864. Are the chocks clutter? Honestly I could not help those from any angle. Composition is for tight nose close up similar to this another pic of mine https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8591135.

                              4. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5898361. Based on the discussion in the forum earlier, I was asked to use to vertical lines in the center (light poles in this case) to level the shot. Previously hangar line was used.

                              Thanks and regards,
                              Siddarth
                              1. Verticals are leaning right, needs CCW rotation.
                              2. Simply an awkward crop/composition.
                              3. Chocks are fine, so shouldn't have been a obstr./clutter rejection, but again awkward crop, especially with the door cut.
                              4. This is a very tricky one with conflicting verticals all over the place. Yes, verticals in the center are generally favored, but strong verticals (like buildings) are favored over less reliable ones like light posts. Overall, the ramp in the background does appear to slope right, so some CCW rotation is needed.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                                Not really. I still see this a likely being a contrast rejection. Unless you have specific motivation for wanting this accepted, perhaps best to leave it for the personal collection.
                                Thank you very much, ive tried another picture with a darker background.

                                Have a nice day!
                                Best regards,
                                Julian S.
                                Best Regards from Germany,
                                Julian S.​

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X