Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Editing advice thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Siddarth.Bhandary View Post
    Hi,

    What should be used as a reference to level this shot - http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=5671254
    All the background verticals are leaning left = needs clockwise rotation

    Originally posted by Siddarth.Bhandary View Post
    I am not sure if I made a mistake in the categories. I remember selecting the 'Small Prop' based on screener comments and 'Warbird/Vintage' - http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=5674148
    Those should be correct, so if only they were selected, not sure what the problem would have been.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      All the background verticals are leaning left = needs clockwise rotation
      Thanks dlowwa.

      Comment


      • #18
        Hello!
        Got rejection of this one:
        https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5683690
        Reasons:
        Over Processed / Bad postprocessing
        Obstructing Objects / Foreground Clutter

        Re-edited this shot from RAW once again:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	3-5C3A9464.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	328.5 KB
ID:	1015356
        It seems overprocessing has gone. But what did you mean under foreground clutter?
        White trails are made by anti-ice system exhaust and are normal for this aircraft in winter conditions.
        Should I reupload it or better to forget about this shot?

        Comment


        • #19
          Where is the dust? Thank you

          Photo ID Airline Aircraft Date Screened LINK
          5684833 Terminal Airport February 03, 2017 http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=5684833

          Comment


          • #20
            right on the top that sign, very visible.

            Best regards
            Alex

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by martin_i85 View Post
              Hello!
              Got rejection of this one:
              https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5683690
              Reasons:
              Over Processed / Bad postprocessing
              Obstructing Objects / Foreground Clutter

              Re-edited this shot from RAW once again:
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]7138[/ATTACH]
              It seems overprocessing has gone. But what did you mean under foreground clutter?
              White trails are made by anti-ice system exhaust and are normal for this aircraft in winter conditions.
              Should I reupload it or better to forget about this shot?
              The clutter rejection comes from dark patches in the sky - shot through a fence maybe ?
              still visible on the re - edit
              Maybe you have another shot taken before or after ?

              Regards
              Alex

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                What settings do you use when saving?

                The file sizes of the photos you upload are far too small for highest quality settings.
                OK, thanks Gerardo. I see that I am now able to submit photos up to 1280px wide; I can do that, but do you think it would be worth my while requesting permission to upload photos up to 1920px wide?

                I will be at your local airport (ZRH) this weekend, so I would like to get all of this JPEG compression business sorted out before I go!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by akerosid View Post
                  OK, thanks Gerardo. I see that I am now able to submit photos up to 1280px wide; I can do that, but do you think it would be worth my while requesting permission to upload photos up to 1920px wide?

                  I will be at your local airport (ZRH) this weekend, so I would like to get all of this JPEG compression business sorted out before I go!
                  The JPG compression issues don't have anything to do with resolution, it is something along your post processing, between pressing the shutter and the final file saving. Unfortunately the compression artefacts are better visible at higher resolution. So, try to sort the compression issues out before anything else.
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Hi there,
                    I had this one rejected due to part of aircraft missing. Can anyone suggest a better crop please?
                    many thanks, BobClick image for larger version

Name:	HS-TKX_20170201_CNX.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	505.2 KB
ID:	1015379

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by bobh View Post
                      Hi there,
                      I had this one rejected due to part of aircraft missing. Can anyone suggest a better crop please?
                      many thanks, Bob[ATTACH=CONFIG]7174[/ATTACH]
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	HS-TKX_20170201_CNX.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	442.5 KB
ID:	1015380

                      or

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	HS-TKX_20170201_CNXb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	1015381

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Cool, thank you, I'll have another go at it.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Hi, I would like ask if these shots below are okay to upload. I would like to use them as my reference because I've gotten several shots similar to them.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN8441.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	757.8 KB
ID:	1015387
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN8271.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	639.3 KB
ID:	1015385
                          Also, is the composition of this photo below acceptable since I want to show the background, or do I still need to make the plane centered?
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	16474_1482067329.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	751.0 KB
ID:	1015386

                          Many thanks!
                          Newbie to JP, view my photos here:
                          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=87690

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by austinshih90 View Post
                            Hi, I would like ask if these shots below are okay to upload. I would like to use them as my reference because I've gotten several shots similar to them.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]7182[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]7180[/ATTACH]
                            Can't really comment unless you post the actual images you plan to upload. These are 3000 pix, which is well above the maximum size limit.

                            Originally posted by austinshih90 View Post
                            Also, is the composition of this photo below acceptable since I want to show the background, or do I still need to make the plane centered?
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]7181[/ATTACH]

                            Many thanks!
                            The background at the bottom of the frame doesn't really justify the centering, unfortunately.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              First of all, thanks for explaining the centering stuff.

                              Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                              Can't really comment unless you post the actual images you plan to upload. These are 3000 pix, which is well above the maximum size limit.
                              I've re-sized them into 1200x675. Is it okay to upload?
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	JP153.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	764.2 KB
ID:	1015388

                              Many thanks once again!
                              Newbie to JP, view my photos here:
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=87690

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by austinshih90 View Post
                                First of all, thanks for explaining the centering stuff.


                                I've re-sized them into 1200x675. Is it okay to upload?
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]7183[/ATTACH]

                                Many thanks once again!
                                A touch oversharpened in places, but generally looks ok.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X