Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Editing advice thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    Originally posted by 777MAN View Post
    hi Folks,
    Been a while since I uploaded and am presently getting 50/50 acceptance and rejections
    I have been happy with the first few. Here's some from overnight.

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5876789 "backlit + too much/too little contrast" It was on finals straight into the sun. I don't see the contrast issue.
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5876910 "dark/underexposed = Too much /too little contrast. straight into the setting sun on finals with 'night shot' selected.
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5876932 "dark/under exposed" 'night shot' selected sun gone down.

    Appreciate feedback
    regards
    Hi,
    No backlit but first 2 pics would need aa bit more light. Easy to adjust via levels. The Germania has clearly more "pop" on the whites and contrast is good.
    On the 3rd shot, it's not a fully silhouette shot as it shows details in the dark areas. That's why for silhouette shots it's good to be totally backlit.

    Regards
    Alex

    Leave a comment:


  • Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    Originally posted by pawelm View Post
    Hi guys,

    Is this one really that dark?
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5879152

    thanks
    Hi,
    picture is overall a bit too dark. Easy to adjust via levels. Darker tones need a tad more light and whites are a tad too grey.

    Regards
    Alex

    PS : nowhere this pic is even close of being backlit. And it's not what we call a belly shot either.

    Leave a comment:


  • PeterB
    replied
    Originally posted by TAA View Post
    No, but it is back-lit. Also the composition isn't great; I really don't see the point of belly-shots.
    Wow, this is an absolute expert statement.
    NOT!

    You should maybe look up what 'backlit' means, because this image is absolutely no backlit! This is also not a belly shot!
    The shadows could be slightly brighter (although I think that this is a bit picky). Except from that, the shot is absolutely fine.

    In general, please look up specific terms related to photography before using them!

    Leave a comment:


  • TAA
    replied
    Originally posted by pawelm View Post
    No, but it is back-lit. Also the composition isn't great; I really don't see the point of belly-shots.

    Leave a comment:


  • HarryLi
    replied
    Originally posted by pawelm View Post
    Hi guys,

    Is this one really that dark?
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5879152

    thanks
    Hi, i think it is indeed dark especially under the aircraft.

    Leave a comment:


  • pawelm
    replied
    Hi guys,

    Is this one really that dark?
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5879152

    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • 777MAN
    replied
    Hi Harry thanks for the feedback.
    They dont need need more contrast.
    the 3rd is a classic night approach shot with many of the same in the db.
    Sorry I have to disagree see this one accepted from the same sequence
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8598786

    Leave a comment:


  • HarryLi
    replied
    Originally posted by 777MAN View Post
    hi Folks,
    Been a while since I uploaded and am presently getting 50/50 acceptance and rejections
    I have been happy with the first few. Here's some from overnight.

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5876789 "backlit + too much/too little contrast" It was on finals straight into the sun. I don't see the contrast issue.
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5876910 "dark/underexposed = Too much /too little contrast. straight into the setting sun on finals with 'night shot' selected.
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5876932 "dark/under exposed" 'night shot' selected sun gone down.

    Appreciate feedback
    regards
    Hello,
    I have seen all of your links and i agree with screener's choice. The first one and the second one indeed lack of some contrast just give them some would be ok i think. Regarding to the second one and the third one i have to say they can be brighter although you choose night shot.

    Cheers,
    Harry

    Leave a comment:


  • 777MAN
    replied
    hi Folks,
    Been a while since I uploaded and am presently getting 50/50 acceptance and rejections
    I have been happy with the first few. Here's some from overnight.

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5876789 "backlit + too much/too little contrast" It was on finals straight into the sun. I don't see the contrast issue.
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5876910 "dark/underexposed = Too much /too little contrast. straight into the setting sun on finals with 'night shot' selected.
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5876932 "dark/under exposed" 'night shot' selected sun gone down.

    Appreciate feedback
    regards

    Leave a comment:


  • ErezS
    replied
    Originally posted by HarryLi View Post
    Hi, Erez
    Both of them seem to low contrast give some to them.
    Cheers,
    Harry
    Originally posted by PeterB View Post
    It is pretty obvious that both need CCW rotation as well.
    Better correct it now and prevent receiving a CCW rejection upon re-submission.
    Good luck with the images!
    Thank you both.

    Leave a comment:


  • PeterB
    replied
    Originally posted by ErezS View Post
    Dear Friends,

    I ask for help for these two rejections.

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=5875436

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=5874178

    I'm really sorry and apologize, but I have a problem with the contrast, so I need your help.

    I appreciate very much any help.

    Thanks in advance,
    Erez.
    It is pretty obvious that both need CCW rotation as well.
    Better correct it now and prevent receiving a CCW rejection upon re-submission.
    Good luck with the images!

    Leave a comment:


  • HarryLi
    replied
    Originally posted by ErezS View Post
    Dear Friends,

    I ask for help for these two rejections.

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=5875436

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=5874178

    I'm really sorry and apologize, but I have a problem with the contrast, so I need your help.

    I appreciate very much any help.

    Thanks in advance,
    Erez.
    Hi, Erez
    Both of them seem to low contrast give some to them.
    Cheers,
    Harry

    Leave a comment:


  • ErezS
    replied
    Dear Friends,

    I ask for help for these two rejections.

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=5875436

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=5874178

    I'm really sorry and apologize, but I have a problem with the contrast, so I need your help.

    I appreciate very much any help.

    Thanks in advance,
    Erez.

    Leave a comment:


  • bluepanda7
    replied
    Thanks for the reply.

    Is it OK now?

    Click image for larger version

Name:	EGLLGCIVZNOSE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	639.1 KB
ID:	1015837

    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • pawelm
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
    Pic 1, 2 and 5 were really harsh rejection and I've added them
    The BA 787 is soft on the engines, should be easy to improve via selective sharpening
    The BA 777 has an issue with the white balance as whites are too grey

    Best regards
    Alex
    Wow, thanks a lot!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X