This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HarryLi View Post
    Oh yes, this one is obvious dark. You can have a look your histogram.
    Dark and also backlit. Cannot be fixed for upload.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
      The screener left you a note in the rejection email Ronald.
      Brian, have no mail about this rejection...

Comment

• Originally posted by federbear View Post
        Hi guys!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Please let me know why this photo is not centered. Is it better when the vertical stab is partly cut off placing the main body in the center? This is the composition to show this plane with the tale in the evening sunshine.
        this is an example from my previous compositions: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8567272
        Use the Windows for centering, they should be in the middle of the frame. Or use Brian´s "How to center a plane" post.

I disagree with the horizon level problem as well. It turns on the end of the taxiway. It looked like as it is. Of course the camera was levelled.
        In my opinion, it need some counter clock wise rotation. Look at the RWY in the Background, it should be Horizontal.

Best Regards and always happy spottings.
        Julian S.
        Best Regards from Germany,
        Julian S.​

Comment

• Originally posted by barcajax View Post
          Brian, have no mail about this rejection...
          Ok, as you say that you have no email, it was rejected for soft which IMO is the correct decision and not worth appealing. The aircraft is soft, especially around the tail area. If you want to upload photos at 1920px you must upload only your best quality images. 1920px will make flaws even more noticeable and make it easier to reject. You need to either sharpen it more or downsize it which can have a similar effect.

Hope this helps

Comment

• The looking angle of the runway is not 90%. Therefore it looks like unlevel.

The composition. The photo is cropped to show the whole body and the tale. If the window would be in center vertically then the top of horizontal stabilizer could go outside of the photo.
            Next time perhaps it is best if you comment that you not like this kind of crop or that picture. But then I have to raise a question about other photos that are already accepted with this crop style, because there are many pictures on your site with this crop. Why did you accept these photos then?

Examples
            EI-SLA flies from CPH to OSL each weekday morning, as a feeder for FedEx, seen here on the cargo-ramp between UPS and DHL. This Aircraft was built in 1989 and flew as N4510G and later G-WFEP until wfu in 2000. cvtd to freighter, and delivered in March 2003 to Falcon Air as SE-LST, and then to Air Contractors as EI-SLA in february 2005. Has also been on lease to Mistral Air between 2009 and 2013, and on May 15th 2015 EI-SLA was transferred to ASL Airlines, Ireland, still in Air Contrators colours.. EI-SLA. ATR 42-300(F). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Being drenched in a 20% Type I mixture to get rid of the snow and ice that had accumulated since her early morning arrival. After the de-icing was completed she was finished off with a 40% Type I mixture on the fuselage and 100% Type II on the wings and stabilizers for the anti-icing step. Shot at the Alpha South de-icing platform - one of my favourite spots during the winter months. Always interesting to see how different variables creates different looking flows of steam from the heated liquids being sprayed.. N334UP. Boeing 767-34AF(ER). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

TC-JTG. Airbus A321-231. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

D-AIPC. Airbus A320-211. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Regards
            federbear

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
            Use the Windows for centering, they should be in the middle of the frame. Or use Brian´s "How to center a plane" post.

In my opinion, it need some counter clock wise rotation. Look at the RWY in the Background, it should be Horizontal.

Best Regards and always happy spottings.
            Julian S.

Comment

The looking angle of the runway is not 90%. Therefore it looks like unlevel.

The composition. The photo is cropped to show the whole body and the tale. If the window would be in center vertically then the top of horizontal stabilizer could go outside of the photo.
              Next time perhaps it is best if you comment that you not like this kind of crop or that picture. But then I have to raise a question about other photos that are already accepted with this crop style, because there are many pictures on your site with this crop. Why did you accept these photos then?

Examples
              EI-SLA flies from CPH to OSL each weekday morning, as a feeder for FedEx, seen here on the cargo-ramp between UPS and DHL. This Aircraft was built in 1989 and flew as N4510G and later G-WFEP until wfu in 2000. cvtd to freighter, and delivered in March 2003 to Falcon Air as SE-LST, and then to Air Contractors as EI-SLA in february 2005. Has also been on lease to Mistral Air between 2009 and 2013, and on May 15th 2015 EI-SLA was transferred to ASL Airlines, Ireland, still in Air Contrators colours.. EI-SLA. ATR 42-300(F). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Being drenched in a 20% Type I mixture to get rid of the snow and ice that had accumulated since her early morning arrival. After the de-icing was completed she was finished off with a 40% Type I mixture on the fuselage and 100% Type II on the wings and stabilizers for the anti-icing step. Shot at the Alpha South de-icing platform - one of my favourite spots during the winter months. Always interesting to see how different variables creates different looking flows of steam from the heated liquids being sprayed.. N334UP. Boeing 767-34AF(ER). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

TC-JTG. Airbus A321-231. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

D-AIPC. Airbus A320-211. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Regards
              federbear
              Hello federbear,

I really like this angles and crop style.
              Here is one of my photos, which is similar to yours.
              https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8475619
              In the photo you can see that im not stand 90° to the RWY too, but i have used it for leveling.

Why did you accept these photos then?
              I haven´t accepted or rejected any photo.

The post above is only my personal opinion, but best wait for a screener or try it here: Pre-Screening Thread

Regards
              Best Regards from Germany,
              Julian S.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
                Hello federbear,

I really like this angles and crop style.
                Here is one of my photos, which is similar to yours.
                https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8475619
                In the photo you can see that im not stand 90° to the RWY too, but i have used it for leveling.

I haven´t accepted or rejected any photo.

The post above is only my personal opinion, but best wait for a screener or try it here: Pre-Screening Thread

Regards
                Ok, Thx

Comment

• Hello, good day to all.

Had this rejected for Horizon unlevel:
                  JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I used the horizontal line on the front bulkhead, between left and right overhead bins, as my reference during edit. Perhaps not the best idea.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 18.32.32.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1015781

Would appreciate advice if cw or ccw rotation is needed to fix this, and what reference points should be used to get correct leveling?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers,
                  Edwin.

Comment

• Edwin

I would suggest this needs at least 0.8CW rotation. Inflight/in cabin pictures are very difficult to level as you don't have a vertical point of reference. But this is definitely leaning to the left. Hopefully that rotation should fix it but use your own judgement as well.

Hope this helps.
                    Best regards,
                    Dave

Saving the World, One Screened Image at a time...

Comment

• Originally posted by davepotter View Post
                      Edwin

I would suggest this needs at least 0.8CW rotation. Inflight/in cabin pictures are very difficult to level as you don't have a vertical point of reference. But this is definitely leaning to the left. Hopefully that rotation should fix it but use your own judgement as well.

Hope this helps.
                      Thanks very much Dave. Cheers.

Comment

The looking angle of the runway is not 90%. Therefore it looks like unlevel.

Examples

Regards
                        federbear

Having looked at your rejection, I can see why it was given a horizon rejection. I understand the runway isn't level and that's fine and acceptable, however if you look at the signs and the markers that are along the runway edge they are all leaning to the right. Not just one or two but all of them. So the image just needs a little CCW rotation to bring them vertical. The runway will still slope but that's ok.

As for the crop, i'm pretty sure that you could get the fuselage more central without cropping the top of the tail off. This may mean a slightly wider crop. The crop that you had rejected is different from the examples you provided anyway. Even in your own pics the aircraft is filling the entire frame from a head on view. This is allowable and looks balanced. This is a 1/4 side on so centering needs to be more along the window line as suggested. The tail will be pretty high in the frame yes.

Hope this helps, James.

Comment

• Hi guys, I need your help with this one:

In this case I was expecting contrast, under/overexposure rejection. Maybe even soft/oversharpen, overproccesed. But really, the last reasons I would think of were cut off and unlevel. Is it woth to appeal this one? It maybe wasn't a steady approach, but it was taken like 3 minutes after a hail storm, so there was a possibility pretty strong crosswind. And cut off? I really don't know what to say, most of my recently accepted shots from LHR were "almost wingless", and I have many more similar "cut off" shots accepted in the past.

What do you guys think?

edit: I tried to appeal, but it got rejected without any comments. Can you please point out what's actually wrong with this photo? Is it because of cut flap? Should I crop it tighter or wider? I really don't get it...

Comment

• Dear friends,

Please your help to fix the contrast of this photo and Also this photo.

Thanks in advance,
                            Erez.

Comment

• Originally posted by ErezS View Post
                              Dear friends,

Please your help to fix the contrast of this photo and Also this photo.

Thanks in advance,
                              Erez.
                              Hello Erez,
                              I have downloaded your two photos to edit and here is the result of mine. I think is better than yours.

Name:	25297_1494185946.jpg
Size:	699.9 KB
ID:	1015808

Name:	33922_1494126749.jpg
Size:	724.7 KB
ID:	1015809

Just for reference~ Hope can help you .
                              Cheers,
                              Harry

Comment

• Originally posted by pawelm View Post
                                Hi guys, I need your help with this one:

In this case I was expecting contrast, under/overexposure rejection. Maybe even soft/oversharpen, overproccesed. But really, the last reasons I would think of were cut off and unlevel. Is it woth to appeal this one? It maybe wasn't a steady approach, but it was taken like 3 minutes after a hail storm, so there was a possibility pretty strong crosswind. And cut off? I really don't know what to say, most of my recently accepted shots from LHR were "almost wingless", and I have many more similar "cut off" shots accepted in the past.

What do you guys think?

edit: I tried to appeal, but it got rejected without any comments. Can you please point out what's actually wrong with this photo? Is it because of cut flap? Should I crop it tighter or wider? I really don't get it...
                                Anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X