X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Siddarth.Bhandary View Post
    Hi,

Can I please get some help on these two rejects.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6146968 - It was a sunny but hazy day; I did not touch the white balance

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6171152 - for the plane cut off rejection, is the crop not acceptable? I tried to get a head-on close up, taking care not to crop the landing gears and landing gear doors

Regards,
    Siddarth
    Hey Siddarth

The dark tones of the BA are too bright wich leads to the contrast rejection and because it´too bright the colours are washed out. I think the problem is solved if you adjust the curves in the histogram.
    That should look like this then.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	86636_1508131150.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	590.2 KB
ID:	1019872
    (left side adjusted levels / right side your original)

I hope that will help you with this picture.
    Have a nice evening!
    Best Regards from Germany,
    Julian S.​

Comment

• Hello Everyone,

This one was OK in the pre-screening thread, but only the weird crop could be a point.
      Now it got rejected...
      Any idea if this one is fixable?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
        Hello Everyone,

This one was OK in the pre-screening thread, but only the weird crop could be a point.
        Now it got rejected...
        Any idea if this one is fixable?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks in advance.
        There is too much of the rear fuselage area. Bit dark as well

Comment

• I was wondering if someone can assist with getting this one ready to be accepted. I was in Shanghai yesterday and saw that this aircraft now has a special scheme on the fuselage and engine:

Thanks for any help.

Cheers
          Mark

Comment

• I was wondering if someone can assist with getting this one ready to be accepted. I was in Shanghai yesterday and saw that this aircraft now has a special scheme on the fuselage and engine:

Thanks for any help.

Cheers
            Mark
            Hey Mark.

If you can see in the histogram, there is a gap on the left side which means that the dark tones are much too bright. This Point leads to the contrast (too little) rejection.
            Because of the "Underexposed Reason". It seems to be "Overexposed" when i have a look at the histogram, but im not a screener so let a screener explane this.

I have reworked your photo a, it was a bit tricky, because it´s not the original file. But if you can see there is now more contrast and sharpness in the picture.
            (Left side reworked / Right side is your original)
            Click image for larger version

Name:	66635_1509860351.jpg
Size:	1,016.3 KB
ID:	1019938

I hope that will help you a bit, have a nice day!
            Best Regards from Germany,
            Julian S.​

Comment

• Originally posted by meneses24 View Post
              There is too much of the rear fuselage area. Bit dark as well
              I already expected that to be the problem after reading the rejection.
              Bright tones were already on my border, So surprised to read it's too dark.
              But is there any chance to fix it with a tighter crop. Expecting troubles with the engines to be honest.
              Otherwise it's for my personal collection.

Comment

• JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I need a little advice with the pic above. It's got a contrast rejection. The day in question had very soft light, low sun (early morning) and a bit of mist creating this light. I don't want to give it too much as it will look over processed and not be a representation of the conditions on the day.

Comment

• I would need some help on my helicopter shots I took. They are not the normal one straight from the side or as I used my wide angel lens. Could someone of the staff give some hints if they are acceptable from the angel or how to level? I did no sharpening and no other things.

1: original oneClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5531.JPG
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	1020018

2: tried leveling and croppingClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5532.JPG
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	1020019

3: other angel also already cropped and the try of levelingClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5536.JPG
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	1020020
                  View my Spottingpictures on Jetphotos.net here

Comment

• Originally posted by meneses24 View Post
                    BAW B744: Using too much of noise reduction tools reduce saturation and contrast. It also leads to perfectly fine pictures to get compressed as well.

B52: The stair and the girl with the backpack are disturbing. The right left side of the nose (viewed from the top) is dark and soft. Seems to be leaning to the left as well
                    Thanks Andres. Will re-work the BA 747, and see if I have better shot of the B-52. The stair was present throughout the air show although there were times when there were no people

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
                    Hey Siddarth

The dark tones of the BA are too bright wich leads to the contrast rejection and because it´too bright the colours are washed out. I think the problem is solved if you adjust the curves in the histogram.
                    That should look like this then.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]10841[/ATTACH]
                    (left side adjusted levels / right side your original)

I hope that will help you with this picture.
                    Have a nice evening!
                    Thanks a lot Julian for the illustration. Really appreciate the help.

Comment

• Hello, is this 1 okay now? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8458mad.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	1020082

Comment

• Originally posted by barcajax View Post
                        Hello, is this 1 okay now? [ATTACH=CONFIG]11105[/ATTACH]
                        Borderline. Bit soft on tail and nose. Dark on nose as well. Easily fixable

Comment

• Hey everyone, this is a copy of Dana's message from the pre-screening thread. Please follow his new instructions:

Hi everyone,

Thanks to the increasing participation in this thread (a good thing!), it is getting a little difficult to keep track of everyone's pre-screening requests. As a result, some of you may have noticed your requests being missed - unintentionally of course. Because of this, we have decided to change how we would like you to request prescreening/editing advice going forward. From this point on, please start your own thread, with your user name and "Editing Advice" in the title - it should look something like this: dlowwa - Editing Advice

In your thread, you may ask for prescreening or postscreening, or any other general editing advice about your own images. Each time you have new images you would like to ask about, please use the same thread - do not start a new one. This will make it easier for us to see who has outstanding requests, but will also keep the forum clutter to a minimum.

Also, replies will be open to all members, not only screeners. If you think you have something useful to contribute feel free, even if you are not crew!

Hopefully this will lead to even more participation in the forum, as members can see that they can get helpful and constructive advice from others in the community.

Dana

Comment

• Hello, help me with this image processing:Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0873.jpg
Size:	677.8 KB
ID:	1021009

Comment

• Originally posted by danev View Post
                              Hello, help me with this image processing:[ATTACH=CONFIG]12167[/ATTACH]
                              Doesn't look too bad, maybe a bit overexposed, causing a blown out nose.
                              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Special scheme or not

Hello,
                                Question: Is the sticker pasted on FINNAIR aircraft OH-LXD part of the "SPECIAL SCHEME" or not?
                                Thanks for your answer. Bye.

Comment

Working...
                                X