• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julian S.
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtyCrow View Post
    Got rejection for backlit on this
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I am a beginner and not sure about this, but i thought backlit is if the sun is behind the aircraft. In this case the sun was somewhere between pilots 1 and 2 o`clock.
    Can someone tell me, what backlit in this particular case means?
    Backlit is, when the visibe side of the aircraft is not illuminated by the sun or any other light source. Backlit isnīt fixable!
    Or here is what the Guideline says:
    5 Rejection reasons explained - Exposure

5.1 Backlit

As a general rule: Don't take pictures with the sun in your eyes, shooting against the sun puts the visible half of the aircraft in shadow which means we can't see it to its advantage. Backlit shots they will be rejected. As a rule of thumb: if the tail casts a shadow on the fuselage, the photo is most likely to be rejected for backlit.

An exception to this is when the photographer is creating a sunset/sunrise type at which time the vivid colors and weak sunlight produce very pleasing results-properly executed dusk and dawn shots are always welcome but please don't flood us with such images because they are very difficult to get right.
    I hope that will help you in the future.
    Have a nice day and always happy spottings.
    Best Regards
    Julian S.

Leave a comment:

• ErezS
    replied
    Originally posted by HarryLi View Post
    Do you know how to use eraser to erase the jaggy after sharpening? I think it is a good way to avoid jaggys.
    Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this. I'm not an editing expert.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyCrow
    replied
    Got rejection for backlit on this
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I am a beginner and not sure about this, but i thought backlit is if the sun is behind the aircraft. In this case the sun was somewhere between pilots 1 and 2 o`clock.
    Can someone tell me, what backlit in this particular case means?

Leave a comment:

• HarryLi
    replied
    Originally posted by ErezS View Post
    Thanks, but this is exactly the problem after adding sharpness. The jaggies.
    Do you know how to use eraser to erase the jaggy after sharpening? I think it is a good way to avoid jaggys.

Leave a comment:

• ErezS
    replied
    You're welcome. Just need to pay attention to the jaggy.
    Thanks, but this is exactly the problem after adding sharpness. The jaggies.

Leave a comment:

• HarryLi
    replied
    Thanks Harry, I'll try to sharpen a little.
    You're welcome. Just need to pay attention to the jaggy.

Leave a comment:

• ErezS
    replied
    Hello Erez,
    This one is indeed soft i think. Can be sharpened more.I have downloaded this one and sharped some to it it is ok.
    Thanks Harry, I'll try to sharpen a little.

Leave a comment:

• HarryLi
    replied
    Dear friends,

Is it really soft?

I see it as sharp enough, adding of sharpening will cause to oversharpened.

Kind regards,
    Erez.
    Hello Erez,
    This one is indeed soft i think. Can be sharpened more.I have downloaded this one and sharped some to it it is ok.

Leave a comment:

• ErezS
    replied
    Soft?

Dear friends,

Is it really soft?

I see it as sharp enough, adding of sharpening will cause to oversharpened.

Kind regards,
    Erez.

Leave a comment:

• HarryLi
    replied
    Originally posted by barcajax View Post
    There was no reason given...what can I do about the halo? You can only see it when you equalize the picture
    Well, i suggest you to re-edit it again and pay attention to highlight and shadow function if you use them do not use too much or it will appear halo i think. Yes, this is not very serious actually so we cannot see obvious halo without using equalize. But as we know that screener will check each photo carefully so we should edit them and check them carefully.

Leave a comment:

• barcajax
    replied
    There was no reason given...what can I do about the halo? You can only see it when you equalize the picture

Leave a comment:

• HarryLi
    replied
    Originally posted by barcajax View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	40085_1495743010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	372.9 KB
ID:	1015859

The reason has given. The problem is the halo around the aircraft especially above the aircraft.

Leave a comment:

• barcajax
    replied
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5895084.. why is this rejected?

Leave a comment:

• HarryLi
    replied
    Originally posted by Lat1918 View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]7755[/ATTACH]
    Now, I just redid the photo and removed those extra things I had done to it before. Is this any better or still needs some work?
    Well, i would say some aspects are better than before but ... it still needs some work i think. As LX-A343 Said it still dark and some parts of it are blurry especially the tail and the Reg Number might be suffered from heat wave which comes from the engines.

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Originally posted by Lat1918 View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]7755[/ATTACH]
    Now, I just redid the photo and removed those extra things I had done to it before. Is this any better or still needs some work?
    the photo is still dark and soft. As I can see, the original photo is slightly blurry, which will make it difficult to adjust.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X