Rejected: Too far away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejected: Too far away?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I don't know, maybe the screener was looking at the plane by itself and not the whole picture. I think that the color on the steel and plane gives it a good look if the whole picture is looked at. I don't know though, your opinions?

I think it looks pretty good. The light standards in the foreground give the shot some perspective and some extra color. I like it.
    Click Here to see my JP.Net photos

Comment

What exactly do you want to show with this pic? That SW uses the same color as used in those steel constructions?

I didn't screen the pic, but I would have rejected as well for subject too far and bad motive.

Cheers
      Gerardo
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I like the picture a lot. IMO, Some pictures should be screened not only on technicalities, but also on viewer pleasure. And while this picture ma not be technically perfect, it's certainly nice to look at.

Tanuj.
        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

I like the picture too for it's unique angle
          Check out my photos at jp.net! http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=613

Comment

Originally posted by N27015
            I like the picture too for it's unique angle
            exactly, I see so many approach shots on the sites, but none at an angle quite like this.

Comment

You mean like this?

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                You mean like this?

-Clovis
                exactly, the photo has no definite subject, but looks good anyway.

edit: I see what you meant in the other post "need help appealing a photo."

Comment

In Mine, both the aircraft and the lights "follow" each other to some extent, and I also show the full lighting system all lit-up. Theres a point to it.

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
                    What exactly do you want to show with this pic? That SW uses the same color as used in those steel constructions?

I didn't screen the pic, but I would have rejected as well for subject too far and bad motive.

Cheers
                    Gerardo
                    Bad Motive.......too far away..? mind boggeling. Don't give your day job in hopes of picture editing. Man if thats a "bad motive" shot then I better not submit any work here. Ryan, nice pic, definelty shows a sharp eye and going beyond the cliche.

Thomas
                    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Thomas: compare the composition of both, Ryan's and Clovis' shot and tell me honestly, which one you find better.

In Ryan's picture, there's simply too much dead space around the aircraft, specially above. What for? If the the main subject was to show a few cranes (or whatever it is) and an aircraft, then the pic would look better, if it was zoomed more towards this subject.

Add to that, that the two subjects showed in Ryan's pic are in no context at all. I can look at it as much as I want, there's nothing really attracting in this pic, there's absolutely no reason to add this pic to the db.

But, the picture can of course be appealed. Everybody here has a second chance.

BTW, dear Thomas, having been working in the pre-press industry for quite a few years in the past - and quite succesful, I may add - , picture editing was part of my job

Gerardo

Comment

Are you and I looking at the same photo? What cranes are you talking about? Those are approach lights and the connection between these two elements (plane and approach lights) could not be clearer, frankly there is a wonderful symmetry between the two. I can honestly say that Ryan's pic is the most eye catching and creative and at the risk of using a worn out saying, a classic example of someone "thinking (and shooting) outside the box". Frankly, Clovis's type of shot has been shown over and over and over...........(even by yours truley). If I were to open only one, Ryan's would be the photo.

I will agree on one point this could have been cropped a little better as there is a tad too much sky. Still had I been a screener, I would have accepted it.

BTW, I have been shooting professionally for 26+ years and one thing I do apperciate are photo editors that have an eye for the "offbeat".

Thomas
                        Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

OK, then these are approach lights. Couldn't recognize them as such at first sight. Still, what connection do you see there, composition wise? And, do we really have that much pics like Clovis' one? I don't think so

There's one important thing though, which I'd like to quote again.
                          I will agree on one point this could have been cropped a little better as there is a tad too much sky.
                          Does that sound like "subject too far away?"

I'll let it be now. There we have a pic, where the photographer seems to believe, it should be added to the db, supported by some other people, and the screeners and the site owner did not think, it was worth to be added.

BTW, getting personal will won't change anything. Believe me, "yours truley"!!!

Byebye
                          Gerardo

Comment

Here, is this one better, I did some cropping.

Comment

Here is one other like the SW.

Comment

Working...
                              X