Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leftseat86
    replied
    Ok Ryan, you've got me into approach light pics now...

What do you think of this?

Good enough to upload? Runway 24R RVR was 1800ft.

-Clovis

Leave a comment:

• Braniffnut
    replied
    Originally posted by PolishAir42
    I rejected the photo.

I didnt find it very appealing. I see the symetry and everywhere else but the plane is just far away and not much of the ILS poles are shown..

I like the composition in Clovis' photo much better.

It was an in the middle photo but I looked at it again and it just didnt fall for it.
    Pity :

Thomas

Leave a comment:

• Braniffnut
    replied
    Originally posted by LX-A343
    BTW, getting personal will won't change anything. Believe me, "yours truley"!!!

Byebye
    Gerardo

Whe I said "yours truely" I was referring to myself.

Thomas

Leave a comment:

• PolishAir42
    replied
    I rejected the photo.

I didnt find it very appealing. I see the symetry and everywhere else but the plane is just far away and not much of the ILS poles are shown..

I like the composition in Clovis' photo much better.

It was an in the middle photo but I looked at it again and it just didnt fall for it.

Leave a comment:

• AIRLNRGUY
    replied
    Here is one other like the SW.

Leave a comment:

• AIRLNRGUY
    replied
    Here, is this one better, I did some cropping.

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    OK, then these are approach lights. Couldn't recognize them as such at first sight. Still, what connection do you see there, composition wise? And, do we really have that much pics like Clovis' one? I don't think so

There's one important thing though, which I'd like to quote again.
    I will agree on one point this could have been cropped a little better as there is a tad too much sky.
    Does that sound like "subject too far away?"

I'll let it be now. There we have a pic, where the photographer seems to believe, it should be added to the db, supported by some other people, and the screeners and the site owner did not think, it was worth to be added.

BTW, getting personal will won't change anything. Believe me, "yours truley"!!!

Byebye
    Gerardo

Leave a comment:

• Braniffnut
    replied
    Are you and I looking at the same photo? What cranes are you talking about? Those are approach lights and the connection between these two elements (plane and approach lights) could not be clearer, frankly there is a wonderful symmetry between the two. I can honestly say that Ryan's pic is the most eye catching and creative and at the risk of using a worn out saying, a classic example of someone "thinking (and shooting) outside the box". Frankly, Clovis's type of shot has been shown over and over and over...........(even by yours truley). If I were to open only one, Ryan's would be the photo.

I will agree on one point this could have been cropped a little better as there is a tad too much sky. Still had I been a screener, I would have accepted it.

BTW, I have been shooting professionally for 26+ years and one thing I do apperciate are photo editors that have an eye for the "offbeat".

Thomas

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Thomas: compare the composition of both, Ryan's and Clovis' shot and tell me honestly, which one you find better.

In Ryan's picture, there's simply too much dead space around the aircraft, specially above. What for? If the the main subject was to show a few cranes (or whatever it is) and an aircraft, then the pic would look better, if it was zoomed more towards this subject.

Add to that, that the two subjects showed in Ryan's pic are in no context at all. I can look at it as much as I want, there's nothing really attracting in this pic, there's absolutely no reason to add this pic to the db.

But, the picture can of course be appealed. Everybody here has a second chance.

BTW, dear Thomas, having been working in the pre-press industry for quite a few years in the past - and quite succesful, I may add - , picture editing was part of my job

Gerardo

Leave a comment:

• Braniffnut
    replied
    Originally posted by LX-A343
    What exactly do you want to show with this pic? That SW uses the same color as used in those steel constructions?

I didn't screen the pic, but I would have rejected as well for subject too far and bad motive.

Cheers
    Gerardo
    Bad Motive.......too far away..? mind boggeling. Don't give your day job in hopes of picture editing. Man if thats a "bad motive" shot then I better not submit any work here. Ryan, nice pic, definelty shows a sharp eye and going beyond the cliche.

Thomas

Leave a comment:

• Leftseat86
    replied
    In Mine, both the aircraft and the lights "follow" each other to some extent, and I also show the full lighting system all lit-up. Theres a point to it.

-Clovis

Leave a comment:

• AIRLNRGUY
    replied
    Originally posted by Leftseat86
    You mean like this?

-Clovis
    exactly, the photo has no definite subject, but looks good anyway.

edit: I see what you meant in the other post "need help appealing a photo."

Leave a comment:

• Leftseat86
    replied
    You mean like this?

-Clovis

Leave a comment:

• AIRLNRGUY
    replied
    Originally posted by N27015
    I like the picture too for it's unique angle
    exactly, I see so many approach shots on the sites, but none at an angle quite like this.

Leave a comment:

• N27015
    replied
    I like the picture too for it's unique angle

Leave a comment:

Working...
X