Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejected Category missing

Hi all,

this was rejected for category missing, with the screener comment saying it "needed night shot"

I find this one to be incredibly unbelievable that this requires night shot category?!

This was taken at 1620 which is a FULL hour before sunset at the time of photo. I've had plenty accepted in the same light.

I dispute that there is long shadows, and its certainly not golden... the sky is still blue.

I did appeal but was rejected with a note to read the guidelines...

If this now counts as a night shot I think that's drawing the line waaaay too far.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VHEFRJP.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	386.1 KB
ID:	1044822

Could you please provide the link to the rejection

Comment

Originally posted by JBrisbane View Post
      Hi all,

this was rejected for category missing, with the screener comment saying it "needed night shot"

I find this one to be incredibly unbelievable that this requires night shot category?!

This was taken at 1620 which is a FULL hour before sunset at the time of photo. I've had plenty accepted in the same light.

I dispute that there is long shadows, and its certainly not golden... the sky is still blue.

I did appeal but was rejected with a note to read the guidelines...

If this now counts as a night shot I think that's drawing the line waaaay too far.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6411[/ATTACH]
      1) it has not only been rejected for the missing category, but also for dust spot(s)
      2) you appealed the shot, a senior screener explained everything what needs to be explained in his message to you
      3) photo shows a clear late evening light, hence night shot category is needed
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
        1) it has not only been rejected for the missing category, but also for dust spot(s)
        2) you appealed the shot, a senior screener explained everything what needs to be explained in his message to you
        3) photo shows a clear late evening light, hence night shot category is needed

I equalised it and there is no dust spots that I can see. I had other photos from the same afternoon accepted...

http://www.jetphotos.net/photo/8176180 this I can understand as a night shot with the long shadow...

i really cant believe that my photo needs to be categorised as a night photo. The problem is there is absolutely no consistency with it. I have other photos taken in the same or similar conditions which were not night category. I even had one a few months a go rejected for not being night.

Comment

Well, all I can say is that if you don't believe that it should be categorised as a night shot then prepare yourself for it to not be accepted into the database. The rules are very clear... This is an extract from them.....

This category should apply for the following: - Dawn, Dusk & Night. For Dusk & Dawn shots these should show a red-orange glow and long shadows.
          The shadows are virtually horizontal and the aircraft lighting is starting to show the evening light.
          Last edited by brianw999; 2016-06-08, 20:53.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Fair enough then.

I know it's not as simple as just drawing a line, but it is so subjective, especially when I've had so many accepted as day shots previously. It really comes down to personal choice of the screener. Is there anyway to make the rule more defined and consistent?

I know the rule is quite clear, it's just where you draw the line, it seems to be getting earlier and earlier in the day, and I mean this as no disrespect to screeners or JP in general. It's kind of irrelevant but I posted it on fb and asked fellow JP uploadeders their thoughts and they we're all surprised this would require a night category.

Thanks all for your replies, I'll re upload it as a night shot...

Comment

The category would have been fixed, if it would have been the only fault.

Comment

Working...
              X