Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad picture - but WHY ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bad picture - but WHY ?

    Hi there,

    This pic got rejected, and i don't understand why ? - I've seen many pics on Jetphotos that's so much worse but all my pics that i have tried to upload is being rejected no matter what.
    Why is it so difficult to get an pic on this site ?



  • #2
    Dear friend,
    Although I am not a member of the team, but it's really clear to me why they have rejected this photo.
    I'm afraid that you not read the guidelines before uploading photos.
    As for this specific photo:
    The first thing that immediately stands out in my eyes:
    The airplane is not centered in the center of the frame.
    Regarding to the quality I leave the privilege to team members to respond.
    I hope that I helped you at least a little bit to understand the issue.
    All the best,
    Erez.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Chrlau View Post
      Hi there,

      This pic got rejected, and i don't understand why ? - I've seen many pics on Jetphotos that's so much worse but all my pics that i have tried to upload is being rejected no matter what.
      Why is it so difficult to get an pic on this site ?


      Hi,

      You should have received an email notifying you of the screening results, which also contained the specific rejection reasons. If you didn't receive such an email, I will list the rejection reasons here for you:

      - Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)
      - Dark / Underexposed
      - Oversharpen
      - Subject too far / too much dead space

      Those should be self-explanatory, but if you have specific questions about one (or more) of those reasons, feel free to ask.

      I also find unlikely your assertion that you can see many pictures on Jetphotos that are 'so much worse', and it is probably the case that you simply haven't looked very closely at the differences between similarly accepted images and your own. However, if you strongly feel that this is the case, please contact me privately with links to the image(s) you are referring too, and I will be glad to point out the differences.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
        Hi,

        You should have received an email notifying you of the screening results, which also contained the specific rejection reasons. If you didn't receive such an email, I will list the rejection reasons here for you:

        - Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)
        - Dark / Underexposed
        - Oversharpen
        - Subject too far / too much dead space

        Those should be self-explanatory, but if you have specific questions about one (or more) of those reasons, feel free to ask.

        I also find unlikely your assertion that you can see many pictures on Jetphotos that are 'so much worse', and it is probably the case that you simply haven't looked very closely at the differences between similarly accepted images and your own. However, if you strongly feel that this is the case, please contact me privately with links to the image(s) you are referring too, and I will be glad to point out the differences.
        Hi there,

        Too dark ??? i can't see it. I don't think that the image is too dark, and if it's a little bit more lit, it's suddenly too overexposed so it's not very easy getting images through here ???

        Dead space ??? again how many centimeters of space is allowed around the plane ? again i've seen pictures with the same space, so i'm very confused and i don't think much of it make sense - sorry.

        Best regards

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Chrlau View Post

          again i've seen pictures with the same space
          So you say, but even though I asked you to privately send links of some of these examples, I haven't received any messages. Your image is badly centered to the left, with far too much space on the right side (in front of the nose). If this is not obvious, I'm not sure you will be able to objectively analyze your own images. If you can find a recently accepted image that is unbalanced without justification as yours is, I would be curious to see, so I again extend my invitation to send me the links of any such images you can find in the DB.

          Comment


          • #6
            Dear Chrlau,

            Here it is how I tried to correct your image.
            Of course, as I copied it from the web, my capacity of correction is far much lower than restarting from your original photo.
            I strongly recommend you restart from your file (hopefully RAW) to get it looking at this example.... and even I am not sure it would be accepted.
            Nevertheless :
            - the aircraft is now centered (consider the fuselage)
            - not too far
            - less dark (it can be improved a little bit maybe)
            - no longer oversharpen (it is very difficult to correct this problem not restarting from the original file).
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Sans titre-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	1015197

            In the past, I had many rejections (it happens again sometimes when I am not enough careful). Be modest and learn from all of us who have improved their photographic ability thanks to the advises given through the forum.
            I am not a screener, so my personal recommendation is not an assurance for you to have it accepted

            Eric

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks, Eric. There's nothing I could add here.

              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

              Comment


              • #8
                Wouah Eric ! Very nice advices ! Thanks a lot for your work on there !!

                Comment


                • #9
                  I was about to answer but, thanks to Eric I don't need to.
                  If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by verplanken View Post
                    Dear Chrlau,

                    Here it is how I tried to correct your image.
                    Of course, as I copied it from the web, my capacity of correction is far much lower than restarting from your original photo.
                    I strongly recommend you restart from your file (hopefully RAW) to get it looking at this example.... and even I am not sure it would be accepted.
                    Nevertheless :
                    - the aircraft is now centered (consider the fuselage)
                    - not too far
                    - less dark (it can be improved a little bit maybe)
                    - no longer oversharpen (it is very difficult to correct this problem not restarting from the original file).
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]6690[/ATTACH]

                    In the past, I had many rejections (it happens again sometimes when I am not enough careful). Be modest and learn from all of us who have improved their photographic ability thanks to the advises given through the forum.
                    I am not a screener, so my personal recommendation is not an assurance for you to have it accepted

                    Eric
                    Thx for your comment

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Okay here's another pic that got rejected

                      http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=5483073

                      - Backlit - Hmm don't understand ?

                      - Cropping / Photo edges / Size Ratio - the pic is 1200x639 - does it has to be 1200x800 ?

                      - JPG compression artefacts - i don't think so !

                      Please comment - thx

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Chrlau View Post
                        Okay here's another pic that got rejected

                        http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=5483073

                        - Backlit - Hmm don't understand ?


                        - Cropping / Photo edges / Size Ratio - the pic is 1200x639 - does it has to be 1200x800 ?

                        - JPG compression artefacts - i don't think so !

                        Please comment - thx
                        Backlit = fin and fuselage are in their own shadow.
                        Crop. = read the upload guidelines for acceptable sizes, minimum size is 1200 X 675 (16:9 ratio)
                        Compression = Sky is blocky and badly compressed.
                        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                          Backlit = fin and fuselage are in their own shadow.
                          Crop. = read the upload guidelines for acceptable sizes, minimum size is 1200 X 675 (16:9 ratio)
                          Compression = Sky is blocky and badly compressed.
                          Backlit - but it's almost imposible to get a picture without any shadow ?

                          Compression - i can't see nothing on my 24" screen. You really have to zoom in to see all the pixels, and you will always be able to find something.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Chrlau View Post
                            Backlit - but it's almost imposible to get a picture without any shadow ?
                            Try to keep the Sun behind your back when taking pictures - then there will be no backlit.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TomEPKK View Post
                              Try to keep the Sun behind your back when taking pictures - then there will be no backlit.
                              Thx but it's not easy when the plane took off in the West direction in the afternoon 🙂

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X