Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appeal Process

Hello,

So I have this image rejected for a vignette: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=5677644

I went and appealed citing that vignettes will present with darker/brighter corners, which this does not have. I presented my case utilizing an accepted example which did have darkened corners. My response from the appeal: "Pointing on somebody\'s else picture to get to your point is considered as rude and makes your appeal rejected automatically. If you want to do so, do it openly in the forum or contact the photographer directly if you have an issue with his picture."

Since when is backing a statement/claim with examples rude? I'm not ridiculing the other photographer. However, the screener response is basically telling me I should go email the photographer or openly blast them on the forum, which is not who I am. I never said I had an issue with the photo, I was just pointing out my explanation as to what I feel is a vignette and why I feel my picture was wrongfully rejected while something like that got accepted. I'm on the other aviation sites and have utilized other people's pictures in my appeal arguments on there. To me it allows for a visual representation and it allows for dialogue between screener and photographer. It has allowed for explanations if my image is rejected on appeal, a simple email with a thank you as well has occurred.

Now with that said, my appeal was never even judged and automatically rejected per the screener comment. Do I have the ability to file another appeal on it? I

Originally posted by Len90 View Post
    Hello,

So I have this image rejected for a vignette: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=5677644

I went and appealed citing that vignettes will present with darker/brighter corners, which this does not have. I presented my case utilizing an accepted example which did have darkened corners. My response from the appeal: "Pointing on somebody\'s else picture to get to your point is considered as rude and makes your appeal rejected automatically. If you want to do so, do it openly in the forum or contact the photographer directly if you have an issue with his picture."

Since when is backing a statement/claim with examples rude? I'm not ridiculing the other photographer. However, the screener response is basically telling me I should go email the photographer or openly blast them on the forum, which is not who I am. I never said I had an issue with the photo, I was just pointing out my explanation as to what I feel is a vignette and why I feel my picture was wrongfully rejected while something like that got accepted. I'm on the other aviation sites and have utilized other people's pictures in my appeal arguments on there. To me it allows for a visual representation and it allows for dialogue between screener and photographer. It has allowed for explanations if my image is rejected on appeal, a simple email with a thank you as well has occurred.

Now with that said, my appeal was never even judged and automatically rejected per the screener comment. Do I have the ability to file another appeal on it? I
    UPDATE: Found out that you can't reappeal a photo.

So where does this leave me. Do I just resubmit the picture as is? Will that result in disciplinary action? I would really appreciate someone from the screening team or site responding.

Comment

Hi,
      You're supposed to improve the picture and reupload it normally. No big deal. It's also always good to leave a comment to screener like "reuploaded after adjusting contrast rejection"

Regards
      Alex

Comment

And about your first comment. It is considered as rude to use somebody's else work to get to your point.

2 things

- It means you think that the other picture has flaws and, should have been rejected too if yours was rejected... Not very cool for the pic owner isn't it ?
        - We're talking about your picture and senior screener are not supposed to be there to justify why another picture was accepted (we also don't have the space to do so) - Most of the time when we check we realize that the accepted picture maybe has flaws but was also accepted for good reasons (rarity mostly).

For those reasons, when appealing, talk about your picture only please

Now about your picture, top left corner is way too dark and that's why it was rejected for vignetting.

Best regards
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X