Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image rejected due to being too dark and with vignetting

Hi there

Would someone please offer me some advice re sunset shots, particularly https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5752267

I totally understand the original rejection for being too dark and amended the image by looking at Luminosity histogram.
    It now looks Ok but is still rejected. I don't want to manipulate and make too light as it was shot on sunset. Also I did not add any vignetting.

Appreciate nay advice.

Many thanks
    Mark

The luminosity histogram shows a massive flat line on the right side which indicates the underexposure.Click image for larger version

Name:	histogram.php.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	1015525

There is a distinct vignetting darkening in the corners especially on the left side. You can see this more strongly if you equalise the image.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
      The luminosity histogram shows a massive flat line on the right side which indicates the underexposure.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7358[/ATTACH]

There is a distinct vignetting darkening in the corners especially on the left side. You can see this more strongly if you equalise the image.
      Thanks for your reply Brian - I will take another look. I have not added the vignette, so is there an easy way to remove?

Cheers
      Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mtaylor334 View Post
        Thanks for your reply Brian - I will take another look. I have not added the vignette, so is there an easy way to remove?

Cheers
        Mark
        There are numerous ways to remove vingetting. I get it a lot as I shoot with a full frame body. As I shoot RAW, my images get imported into ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) which has features to reduce/remove it before the images gets imported into Photshop. I know my Canon also has it as an option in the menus on the camera itself if I was shooting jpgs. In addition, Photoshop has features also in the Filter>Lens Correction menu if you are shooting jpgs. For me doing it at the ACR stage works very well.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
          There are numerous ways to remove vingetting. I get it a lot as I shoot with a full frame body. As I shoot RAW, my images get imported into ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) which has features to reduce/remove it before the images gets imported into Photshop. I know my Canon also has it as an option in the menus on the camera itself if I was shooting jpgs. In addition, Photoshop has features also in the Filter>Lens Correction menu if you are shooting jpgs. For me doing it at the ACR stage works very well.
          Thanks for the great suggestions. I had not ever considered using ACR first, but will take a look.

Cheers
          Mark

Comment

Working...
          X