Delete account or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trainferry View Post
    I understand: I'll throw away my camera. I'm worth nothing as I'm a loser!

I knew I'm not good at any thing.
    In that case, I'd better throw my gear away as I just got a rejection for blurry as well, even though I have over 6,000 in the database.

I initially thought when I looked at your shot in thumbnail form, and before I knew what the rejection reason was "This is going to be blurry". And I was right. I took it into Photoshop and sharpened it with quite a lot of sharpen tool. The right side of this image shows the difference. Blur cannot be fixed but this could possibly be just soft and therefore fixable. Trouble is , the sharpening has also introduced grain.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blur.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	1020973
    Last edited by brianw999; 2017-12-18, 11:31.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

A) Shows us blurrier photos than yours. We know what panning technique is, as shown above by dlowwa.

B) As I have a fair share of know-how in legal matters, I am particularly interested to see, how we "don't have any legal right to share it [the rejected photo] with public". Just a hint: your first reasoning ...
      And yes: if you decide to reject a photo, you don't have any legal right to share it with public, this is only the photographers decisions. So you need to remove the link in the forum, as I did not gave permission to share. I'm only willing to accept to share my accepted photos.
      ... is bollocks.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

You decided to not show my picture on the site, so why I would give you the right to show it now? It's important to know that this is my photo, as you rejected it, you do not have any right to decide to show it. If you want to show it: accept the photo. I know enough of the legal part of photography to know I'm the photographer and I can decide to show it or not.

I do admit my reaction was childish, but if I ask to delete my photo, that's something you need to respect. It stays my property.

Last but not least: is asked that much to undo my account? I'm not willing to accept your standards anymore, because they're just far to high.

I did respect you by removing my reaction, as (once more) childish, so please give me my life back by removing my account (This is not your fault, but I feel really depressed as I understand that I'll not that good in photography, the only thing to express myself...I have autism)

Comment

You decided to not show my picture on the site, so why I would give you the right to show it now? It's important to know that this is my photo, as you rejected it, you do not have any right to decide to show it. If you want to show it: accept the photo. I know enough of the legal part of photography to know I'm the photographer and I can decide to show it or not.

I do admit my reaction was childish, but if I ask to delete my photo, that's something you need to respect. It stays my property.
          You're confusing the screening process and ownership. In uploading to JP you're granting the site a non-exclusive license to display the image, that has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with ownership and the image remains your property whether it's accepted or rejected. It is, however, JP's decision as to what images are displayed on the site. Just because you're the legal owner of an image doesn't mean you have the right to have it accepted onto the site.

If you're unhappy with the way JP works then there are countless other options available for you to share your images online. I'm a screener here but I still absolutely love uploading to my aviation Flickr page as I love the freedom to do as I please, I also enjoy the process of uploading to JP. It's really about choosing the outlet that suits your needs the most but one thing's for sure, stamping your feet and blaming everyone else for the fact your photo is blurry won't help anyone, least of all yourself.
          Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

..but no mention of the work I just did to try to help you. Thanks a bunch.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

edited

Comment

edited

Comment

Account is now deleted as requested.

Regards
                  Alex

Comment

Working...
                  X