Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think of this reject

hi guys
    i know there is some natural clutter, it was the look i was hoping for.

its a photo about atmosphere and nature. and trying something a little different.

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

Was it rejected for "foreground clutter"???
    Please elaborate...

Comment

yes. it sure was

next trips
      USA/DXB August.

Comment

hmm well i wasn't the screener but id say it was the long grass cutting the nose wheel and a bit of the bottom of the engine. The aircraft is quite far away, also i know this is neither here nore there but the MH titles look soft to me.? Try a little kick of USM.
        Try appealing if you feel you've been hard done by.

Comment

Personally I like the composition but as someone mentioned it is just a bit soft.

Thomas
          Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Would be perfect for lawnmoverphotos.net

Seriously: It looks interesting and could be accepted for that, but can also be rejected for parts cut off or foreground clutter. it's a tough call. Either you like this pic or not. That really depends on the screener and - from personal experience as screener - on the daily mood of a screener.

One drawback in my opinion: the lighting.

But if you think, the picture should make it, appeal with the reason, why it should be.

Cheers
            Gerardo
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

partoftheaircraftismissing.net joining perfectsideshot.com???

I agree it's a tad soft and undersaturated (last might be due to atmospheric conditions) but there's precious little he could have done about the long grass is there?
              He shot an aircraft in its natural environment, not a photographic studio...

Comment

The high grass is a common problem on many airports. I avoid shooting pics of taxiing aircraft at ZRH from certain locations during this period, because I know, the grass will simply distburb me.

Gerardo
                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

i appealed and it was rejected.

main reason was that you couldnt see the wheels, or should that be to much natural clutter??

after taking 15 approach and lined up shots i thought i might try something different, with a little of the beautiful colors of mother nature also.

next trips
                  USA/DXB August.

Comment

You had to bring mothers into this?

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

I would have accepted it. I like the grass, its pretty, not anoying. The colors are nice imo, and I also have a fetish for illuminated engine fans...
                      It is slightly soft and backlit, but with a little more sharpening I think it would be pretty nice.

-Clovis

Comment

thanks all.
                        it makes a nice wallpaper.
                        clovis,
                        i to like the illuminated engines. something about it that i cant put my finger on.

and the colors of nature at this time of year are spectacular.

well i am using a D60 for the next 2 weeks, lets see what this produces.

next trips
                        USA/DXB August.

Comment

feel free to manipulate the photo if you can make it look better.

next trips
                          USA/DXB August.

Comment

I'm not an experienced photographer or anything but i think the missing gear does distract the individual who is viewing the photograph and you would have a 10x better image if you didn't have the grass obstructing some of the aircraft.

Comment

Working...
                            X