Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• processing help please

Hi,
    I'm new to jetphotos, submitted this image : https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5884026,
    and was rejected because of "Over Processed / Bad postprocessing" . The only actions I made was crop and resize to 1280px.
    What's wrong with this photo, and what can I do to fix it?
    10X
    www.spotting.co.il

Hello JTS,
    The Aircraft has halos around it. Especially look closely around the tail. The tail has a dark halo, especially near the top.

I see you are using the Nikon D500. I'm using one as well, very nice camera. However there is a downside to the Nikon, and that is D-Lighting. This feature attempts to add or remove lighting digitally in the picture and wherever theres a strong transition (i.e. the sky) it usually leaves Halos.

Now you can do this in two places, inside your camera, or in the Nikon image processing software. Turn it off in the camera and don't use it in post processing.

Another place that can introduce Halos is in Light room if you use the Clarity and Vibrance controls incorrectly.

Hope this helps.

Comment

10X
      It helps a lot
      It's a new camera and I'm still learning all it's features.
      Is there anything I can do with the currant image?
      www.spotting.co.il

Comment

If you captured in JPEG in the camera then unfortunately those halos will remain, no matter what you do. If you captured in RAW you may be able to get rid of them if you use Nikon software to edit and it allows you to turn the D-Lighting off. But be careful that you don't over process trying to get rid of the over process.

As a side note it is a dark pic as well, it needs to be a bit brighter. Most likely a consequence of the D-Lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Billsville View Post
          If you captured in JPEG in the camera then unfortunately those halos will remain, no matter what you do. If you captured in RAW you may be able to get rid of them if you use Nikon software to edit and it allows you to turn the D-Lighting off. But be careful that you don't over process trying to get rid of the over process.

As a side note it is a dark pic as well, it needs to be a bit brighter. Most likely a consequence of the D-Lighting.
          I have a RAW image also, I'll try to do what you suggested and upload again
          www.spotting.co.il

Comment

When you say "the only action I've made was cropping" you need to know that all pics uploaded to JP do have some kind of editing and we strongly recommend you learn the different steps to be able to take the best out of your pics

Regards
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X