Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I fix this?

Howdy!

I had an image rejected which I think deserves to be on the site. Link is provided below.

Info: The picture has part of the plane cut off since the aircraft was big and close to me, even with full zoom out I wasn't able to get the entire plane. Also, the image was taken after the sun had set and there was a slight red glow in the plane but I took that out in editing, not sure if I should bring it back and consider it a night shot. After all, I want to know how to fix this and get it accepted, I use Photoshop CS6.

Link: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5911686

Thanks!

Originally posted by FederalAce View Post
    Howdy!

I had an image rejected which I think deserves to be on the site. Link is provided below.

Info: The picture has part of the plane cut off since the aircraft was big and close to me, even with full zoom out I wasn't able to get the entire plane. Also, the image was taken after the sun had set and there was a slight red glow in the plane but I took that out in editing, not sure if I should bring it back and consider it a night shot. After all, I want to know how to fix this and get it accepted, I use Photoshop CS6.

Link: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5911686

Thanks!
    This image can't really be 'fixed' for acceptance. If you're happy with it great, but as you could see by the long list of rejection reasons, it fails to meet many criteria for acceptance here. The two main problems being the awkward crop and the poor light, which are things you should really try to get right in the camera, and not have to rely on editing to fix. We'd really like you (and all photographers) to concentrate on only submitting their best images, which means paying attention to things like the light and angle. Take a moment to think about when the light is best, and try to maximize your shooting then. Shooting when backlit (as I mentioned in one of your other threads, shooting from the mound on the north side of 26R/08L will mean backlit shots most of the year) or when overcast will rarely give you conditions conducive to getting shots accepted here.

I'll be back in YVR next week, if you want to meet up one evening and gets some tips while shooting, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      This image can't really be 'fixed' for acceptance. If you're happy with it great, but as you could see by the long list of rejection reasons, it fails to meet many criteria for acceptance here. The two main problems being the awkward crop and the poor light, which are things you should really try to get right in the camera, and not have to rely on editing to fix. We'd really like you (and all photographers) to concentrate on only submitting their best images, which means paying attention to things like the light and angle. Take a moment to think about when the light is best, and try to maximize your shooting then. Shooting when backlit (as I mentioned in one of your other threads, shooting from the mound on the north side of 26R/08L will mean backlit shots most of the year) or when overcast will rarely give you conditions conducive to getting shots accepted here.

I'll be back in YVR next week, if you want to meet up one evening and gets some tips while shooting, let me know.
      I would love tips but I live 6 hours north of YVR... but Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by FederalAce View Post
        I would love tips but I live 6 hours north of YVR... but Thanks
        Well, next time you're in the Lower Mainland, drop me a line

Comment

Working...
        X