Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like panning, but every now and then ... I get ready for the shots. Multi-shot 1/60 sec. f22. Shooting, shooting ... ok. They suck but not bad, it's the end of the day. I put the camera away and go home. A few days later on FR24, there is a Ryanair B737 new Maltese recordings. Run run, to try to catch the take off. I'll make it, get on the terrace and clak, clak clak. I'm satisfied, another cockade on jetphotos. Control ... it's all white. Lesson: When you're done shooting, always double-check your settings.
    Sorry for my bad english.

Comment

F-GZNH. Boeing 777-328ER. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Before this photo being accepted, I managed to get a rejection by horizon unlevel. Like there was nothing vertical do use as reference

I also was capable of getting a rejection by similar photo in queue, I didn't notice that I was selecting/editing/uploading 2 photos of the same side of the same airplane

This one would be so many stupid, but thanks to the screeners wasn't:

I get a photo rejected by 3 reasons, one of them was "bad info: genre" I didn't understand but also didn't care, as it was rejected by backlit, would not be accepted at all

Then I have 10 accepeted photos, and in two of them, from different days, had the following comments:

"Genre corrected to Civil"
      "Genre changed from MIL to CIV for you! Regards and stay safe JS"

Then I though "there is something wrong here". I went to the queue and ALL the pictures was set the genre as military, because it was checked by standart after I changed the genre to upload a (rejected) photo of a KC390.

So, thank you very much to the screeners for don't reject that pictures! I can't imagine how sad would be to lost 10 slots!
      Last edited by llpilch; 2021-04-17, 16:52. Reason: type error on "changed"

Comment

I had exactly the same.. somehow.. I managed to change from CIL to MIL when submitting.. and.. thanks to the screener that also accepted mine!!!

Comment

Originally posted by llpilch View Post
          So, thank you very much to the screeners for don't reject that pictures! I can't imagine how sad would be to lost 10 slots![/SIZE]
          Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
          I had exactly the same.. somehow.. I managed to change from CIL to MIL when submitting.. and.. thanks to the screener that also accepted mine!!!
          tbh, this happens ALL the time (with categories) too. So much so that I don't even bother to leave a message saying that it has been corrected since that would take up too much time. I'd guess I make 10-20 such corrections every day. 10x means the whole crew does this probably 100s of times a day.

Comment

Originally posted by llpilch View Post
            https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10129139

Before this photo being accepted, I managed to get a rejection by horizon unlevel. Like there was nothing vertical do use as reference

I also was capable of getting a rejection by similar photo in queue, I didn't notice that I was selecting/editing/uploading 2 photos of the same side of the same airplane

This one would be so many stupid, but thanks to the screeners wasn't:

I get a photo rejected by 3 reasons, one of them was "bad info: genre" I didn't understand but also didn't care, as it was rejected by backlit, would not be accepted at all

Then I have 10 accepeted photos, and in two of them, from different days, had the following comments:

"Genre corrected to Civil"
            "Genre changed from MIL to CIV for you! Regards and stay safe JS"

Then I though "there is something wrong here". I went to the queue and ALL the pictures was set the genre as military, because it was checked by standart after I changed the genre to upload a (rejected) photo of a KC390.

So, thank you very much to the screeners for don't reject that pictures! I can't imagine how sad would be to lost 10 slots!
            I had the same stupidest (to this date) reason for rejection. Uploaded three of photos from an airshow as "military". Didn't go spotting for two months. Finally a sunny day and a couple of soviet birds visit an airport (An-26 and Yak-42). Forgot to change the default category and had to reupload the whole bunch after all of them being rejected.

Comment

Originally posted by pandapilot View Post

I had the same stupidest (to this date) reason for rejection. Uploaded three of photos from an airshow as "military". Didn't go spotting for two months. Finally a sunny day and a couple of soviet birds visit an airport (An-26 and Yak-42). Forgot to change the default category and had to reupload the whole bunch after all of them being rejected.
              Yes, but they were rejected for other reasons. We don't reject for missing/wrong category or genre alone.

Comment

That was the stupidest thing I've ever made here:

Was uploading a picture that a really like, but there was plenty differences between the histogram on Photoshop and here on JP queue tools, so I uploaded it something like 3 or 4 times, checked, removed from the queue and uploaded again an improved version.

I was sending comments to screener, just copy and paste so I don't need to type all again every time. But the last time I paste in the field "hot photo?", not in the right field "comments to screener". Right after upload I went to my queued photos to check the photo and SURPRISE!!! Less than 5 second after upload it was already in screening.

Correctly rejected by invalid hot.

Just want to ask for any crew member.. Is it possible the get my slot back?
                I swear it was by mistake, you can see that what I typed on hot photo field is clearly a commet to the screener regarding the photo post processing. Very sad to lose a slot like this!
                Photographer ID 34872

Plus, can't implement a double check? Just like when submit the photo the site asks "are you sure you want to upload as hot photo"? I remember in the past there was a verification box to check if it was hot, not only the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by 71sbeetle View Post
                  So I just had a "hot" photo rejected (new livery for existing registration) so I corrected what the rejection said to correct and re-uploaded ..... except I re-uploaded the old picture Bad way to loose a queue slot!!!

Share here the stupid things you've done (if you have ever done something this stupid )
                  i up loaded 5 all hot of 2 aircraft all was soft rejected just recentley i think iem done with hott photos

Comment

Wrote a message to the screener but accidentaly did it in the 'Hot photo? Enter why:' space instead of the 'Comments to screener' one... what a stupid way to lose a slot :P

Comment

I live 15 minutes away from the airport (SKSM) and sometimes i see planes on flightradar24 without photos or with a probably livery change so i drive there real quick to get the hot photo, but i think that more than 5 times i have left my SD card connected to the computer and I only realize it when I turn on the camera already at the airport... (-_-'')
                      Seriously thinking about leaving an emergency SD in the car...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	94
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	1171376
                      https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/315324

Comment

Working...
                      X