Tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips?

I took this one a few months back, but I'm having trouble resizing it while also preserving the quality, i.e. preventing pixellation.

Are there any free programs that could help with this? Thanks

Attached is the image in question.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0986_Fotor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	798.8 KB
ID:	1044957

Originally posted by chotiwala View Post
    I took this one a few months back, but I'm having trouble resizing it while also preserving the quality, i.e. preventing pixellation.

Are there any free programs that could help with this? Thanks

Attached is the image in question.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7985[/ATTACH]
    Well you could use Gimp or Paint.net if you're looking for free softwares... Apart from that , the picture is backlit if you're thinking of posting that

Comment

Originally posted by FederalAce View Post
      Well you could use Gimp or Paint.net if you're looking for free softwares... Apart from that , the picture is backlit if you're thinking of posting that
      Yes, backlit is indeed the problem here. Unfortunately even if you did re-size and submit to the queue it would be rejected for backlit. You ideally need to be in a location where the sun is behind you so that it lights up the side of the aircraft you are shooting.

The free software have been mentioned but I would recommend getting hold of Photoshop and or Lightroom if you are serious about your editing. A friend of mine was using Gimp until recently and receiving rejections and swapped over to Photoshop and immediately the quality of his submissions were a lot better when it came to noise and compression handling.

Comment

I use Lightroom which is the industry standard and it would do what your asking for - keywords, ratings, storing exif data -
        as well as processing raw files (though you would need to check your actual camera is supported).
        If not supported I think there is a work around using Adobes raw convertor to DNG and so you could convert to a DNG file first?
        Certainly would be worth looking into.

I definitely love it and my favourite feature is lightroom preset. There are some free lightroom presets btw here.
        Best Lightroom Presets Pack 2023 for FREE. We created Professional Lightroom Presets for photographers & beginners. These Free Lightroom Presets can be used in Lightroom 4-5-6-CC. We share these 380 Best Lightroom Presets Collection to save you time.

Comment

Working...
        X