X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second opinion rejection

Hi,

This image was rejected for undersharpened and contrast:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I have to say that I disagree with this rejection and would like a second opinion.

Thanks

You need to use the appeal function accessible on your rejected image list here.. https://www.jetphotos.com/members/vi...p?userid=24564
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
      You need to use the appeal function accessible on your rejected image list here.. https://www.jetphotos.com/members/vi...p?userid=24564
      Sorry, I think I was a bit unclear when I wrote the post. I meant I would like some feedback on the image and if it's worth appealing.

Comment

Hi,
        main issue is the softness, it needs a bit more sharpening overall so I don't think it's worth an appeal. It might be worth adjusting the mid-tones but the contrast issue is really minimal.

Regards
        Alex

Comment

Hello again,

Is this better (i.e. stands a better chance at being accepted)?:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0552-PSE_Edit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	369.4 KB
ID:	1016139

Comment

It needs a little extra sharp. By the way, beautiful shot!

Comment

Like Frederico indicated: it needs some more sharpening

Comment

Alright... more sharpening again... I've done two passes of sharpening now... is it still too soft?:

Name:	DSC_0552-PSE_Edit-2.jpg
Size:	412.8 KB
ID:	1016141

Comment

I've compared lots of photos from here. It feels like it's quite arbitrary which photos are approved or not approved. I asked a friend of mine who works as a photographer for a Swedish newspaper about airplanes and even his photo was not approved. Having been in queue for 12 days and then not being approved and starting over again feels completely meaningless. As I said, have found a large number of images that are worse than mine, but approved - feels like a lottery. I have now 4 pic's in line to be approved - if they are rejected i'll totally give up. One funny thing is that there is a photo here in the DB i toke years ago ( another username ) with a very very very bad camera and that photo is still lurking around in here.

And as i wrote this i got an email from database update that the Airbus Type : AIRBUS HELICOPTERS-AS350B3 was rejected from DB - no reason given.

This Heli is listed at Transportstyrelsen as AIRBUS and NOT Eurocopter.

Name:	alright.jpg
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	1016144
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like to search for Swedish Aircraft's including helicopters? Visit Transportstyrelsen - in Swedish but you will understand how to use it!
                  Take a look at the Youtube channel - Citius, altius, fortius.
                  www.viafiber.se / www.streambox.se / www.pilots.se / www.aircrafts.se - and many more!

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Bergström View Post
                    I've compared lots of photos from here. It feels like it's quite arbitrary which photos are approved or not approved. I asked a friend of mine who works as a photographer for a Swedish newspaper about airplanes and even his photo was not approved. Having been in queue for 12 days and then not being approved and starting over again feels completely meaningless. As I said, have found a large number of images that are worse than mine, but approved - feels like a lottery. I have now 4 pic's in line to be approved - if they are rejected i'll totally give up. One funny thing is that there is a photo here in the DB i toke years ago ( another username ) with a very very very bad camera and that photo is still luring around in here.

And as i wrote this i got an email from database update that the Airbus Type : AIRBUS HELICOPTERS-AS350B3 was rejected from DB - no reason given.

This Heli is listed at Transportstyrelsen as AIRBUS and NOT Eurocopter.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8097[/ATTACH]
                    First of all the correct type is Airbus Helicopters H125, and not the one you requested, and also not in full CAPITALS.

And double account her at JP is not allowed.
                    Last edited by ErwinS; 2017-07-28, 13:05.
                    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

"On" Topic

By the way "tombra" - your photo looks fine to me!

"Off" Topic

Dear Mr Erwin!

Account was deleted loooooong time ago! [ Check ]

Transportstyrelsen is, The Swedish Transport Agency for Airplanes, Helicopters, cars and other vehicles. They have overall responsibility for drawing up regulations and ensuring that authorities, companies, organisations and citizens abide by them. The Civil Aviation Department formulates regulations, examines and grants permits, as well as assessing civil aviation with particular regard to safety and security, and They monitor developments in the aviation market. They also formulates regulations, examines and grants permits, as well as exercising supervision principally of Swedish Aircraft's.

Should I write to Transportstyrelsen and tell them that the official Swedish register is WRONG and you Mr Erwin are right!

Please, i'm to old for this crap about full CAPITALS - get real!
                      It was a direct cut and paste from Transportstyrelsen [ see the Photo below ].
                      I'm sorry to say but i think I trust The Swedish Transport Agency more than I trust you Mr Erwin. Your problem is that you refuse to see that we both are "right" in this. What ever happen to the "humble" way to talk to others? Just because you have been here since 2003 don't give you the right to act like this. So please calm down and act like an adult, help us "beginner", correct us if we are doing things the wrong way, I've seen a few things myself in my life and i'm not "that stupid". I'm so old i even got "1337" in my phone number - +46 735 1337 00 so if you have any problem with me, please give me a call!

Name:	pngtransport.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	1016147

If you want to see a screen dump you can do that here!
                      HEX 4AAB23 ICAO / SE-JYC / AS50 Airbus Helicopters AS350-B3 / Ser number 8214 / Laroy Flyg AB / First Flight 2016-05-03 [ Sorry for the CAPS in the HEX CODE from the database ]
                      Have a look, a short film about the Helicopter we are talking about - SE-JYC.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like to search for Swedish Aircraft's including helicopters? Visit Transportstyrelsen - in Swedish but you will understand how to use it!
                      www.viafiber.se / www.streambox.se / www.pilots.se / www.aircrafts.se - and many more!

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Bergström View Post
                        I've compared lots of photos from here. It feels like it's quite arbitrary which photos are approved or not approved. I asked a friend of mine who works as a photographer for a Swedish newspaper about airplanes and even his photo was not approved. Having been in queue for 12 days and then not being approved and starting over again feels completely meaningless. As I said, have found a large number of images that are worse than mine, but approved - feels like a lottery. I have now 4 pic's in line to be approved - if they are rejected i'll totally give up. One funny thing is that there is a photo here in the DB i toke years ago ( another username ) with a very very very bad camera and that photo is still lurking around in here.
                        Dear Sir,

Thankyou for submitting your photos to the JetPhotos database for consideration of acceptance. We invite people to upload their photos and acceptance is based on the photo meeting the upload criteria which we ask your photos to meet. That criteria (recently updated) is specific to the database and requires submissions to be edited to meet that criteria. It is therefore up to you to decide whether you want to edit your photos to meet the standards. If you don't want to then it's not a big deal. There are plenty of other channels you can use to display your photos such as Flikr and Instagram. We are not forcing you to upload. Regarding your journalistic friend, just because he is part of an aviation newspaper doesn't mean he will get automatic acceptance if he doesn't edit his photos to our requirements. I often see photos in aviation publications which would not meet our requirements.
                        Regarding your previous accepted submissions. If they were uploaded "years ago" then standards have changed over time. We certainly require a higher standard of submission now than when the database was first established. This is due to better technology, better access to editing software and above all, people taking time to improve their photos which naturally drives quality up. Its the desire of the uploader that is key. If you want to improve then it's really not hard. Screening is not an exact science, so we try and make it fair as possible by allowing usually at least 2 screeners to screen photos. We then have an appeal process on top of this and the forums are here also to get information and ask for advice. I believe we give you many chances to get your photos accepted. Feel free to link some of your rejections in the forums so we and others can help you get advice on how to get your photos accepted. As I say, it's entirely up to you if you want to try. If you want to give up, then that's your decision entirely.
                        To be blunt we would like to see your photos accepted but we're not going to run after you begging you to stay, especially with the tone of language that you've used in your posts towards crew members. We want to help those who want to be helped.

Sincerely,

James.

Comment

Hi James!

Thanks for this kind response, this is how it should be done. No jumping or trying to be a bully just because someone have been around for a long time. I'm aware of other forums/sites for uploading photos and in fact, just because I think your process ( i so respect the rules and criteria even if I don't understand them all ) is to complicated i have already asked some people within my company to help me finish www.aircrafts.se, a site i have been working on for quiet a while. Some algorithms and automatic screening is used to speed up the process of getting your photo approved and so far, as we are in beta, all works well. For me it's frustrating, upload a photo and end up in a queue as number 19 234 or something like that and after two weeks being rejected and have to ask for appeal to get rejected again. This is to old school for me but again, I respect your rules and your way of doing things, I have to since they are your rules.

I'm in that situation that I can get photos from inside cockpit live and also photos from apron, hangar and other airport facilities and I do share this in other forums in real time. So for me there is not time for "approval and rejections" and certainly not to wait in queue for 10 days or more when the flight is 10 hours. The live photos from cockpit i can provide is just a way of giving back and share to others that love aircraft's but maybe not fly themselves. I'm NOT trying to bypass anyone or anything - just a reflection about the time frame - more than 14 days to find out if accepted or rejected, well, that's to me a long time.

I was annoyed by the above from Erwin, just because I can't stand "we are better than you are" attitude. We are all humans and we are all "good at different things" - you screen, I fly, you have a better camera than I have, I have access to a Airbus Helicopters AS350-B3 just because I know the owner, You are better in English then I am ... I'm sure you get the point. Life is to short just trying to find "errors" - for me it's simple, less is more.

My family is all about flying and I work with film production [ www.streambox.se ] among other things and I know we have some pretty good "stuff" to share but if JP don't like it then it's up to JP. As you wrote, "If you want to give up, then that's your decision entirely" - yes, it is.

You also wrote: "If they were uploaded "years ago" then standards have changed over time." and I do understand that BUT your fellow JP Erwin jumped me with "And double account her at JP is not allowed", not very friendly, I think. To finish my thoughts I also like to comment "To be blunt we would like to see your photos accepted but we're not going to run after you begging you to stay, especially with the tone of language that you've used in your posts towards crew members. We want to help those who want to be helped." ..... Do you think the answer below from Your crew member is "how to answer a new member"?

"First of all the correct type is Airbus Helicopters H125, and not the one you requested, and also not in full CAPITALS.
                          And double account her at JP is not allowed."

No welcome, no explaining, no friendly words and certainly no wish to be friendly, that's how i feel about this. So, i'm waiting to see what happens with the four photos i have in "line" on my account / Status: Queued
                          Position: 5,6811 / Date Uploaded: Jul 19, 2017 / Time in Queue: 10 days 3 hours. If they are rejected i wont appeal and I wont get Queued again at #10 0000+, that's for sure The photos is just for the local club i'm a member of and since you provide FR24 with photos I gave it a "chance" - no luck so far.

Again, Thanks for this kind response and let's agree that we disagree - which i think is good. That's what makes progress, if using the data/information from a conversation, the "right" way.

Comment

I would say please read your first post in this thread. Not really friendly towards us right?
                            And I am just direct. Nothing more nothing less.

If you did some research about that Helicopter you will find she is an Airbus Helicopter H125. And we have no aircraft models written in full capitals. Like all dbases.
                            “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Dear Erwin!

The helicopter SE-JYC is about 800 meters away from my house - so yes, i can do all research i want, when i want.

1) I did research - in the Swedish Transportstyrelsen database - in there, in CAPITALS, the helicopter is list as AIRBUS HELICOPTERS-AS350B3
                              2) In Flightradar24 database listed as HEX 4AAB23 ICAO (transponder) / SE-JYC / AS50 Airbus Helicopters AS350-B3 / Ser number 8214 / Laroy Flyg AB / First Flight 2016-05-03
                              3) "And we have no aircraft models written in full capitals. Like all dbases" - was I talking about "your" database?
                              4) I rest my case - You win, I loose!
                              5) This is a nice film clip!
                              6) Tot Sins

Over and out!

Comment

Working...
                              X