Night Shots appearing a lot on Flight Radar 24 all of a sudden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Shots appearing a lot on Flight Radar 24 all of a sudden

Hello. Good day. I do apologize in advance if this is the incorrect topic area. I just have a quick question. Howcome night shots are appearing on Flight Radar 24 all of a sudden. I was told via email that night shots do not appear on the radar (a while ago). Has this changed.

Kind regards and happy clicking!
    Matthew

Originally posted by Matthew Rodgers View Post
    Hello. Good day. I do apologize in advance if this is the incorrect topic area. I just have a quick question. Howcome night shots are appearing on Flight Radar 24 all of a sudden. I was told via email that night shots do not appear on the radar (a while ago). Has this changed.

Kind regards and happy clicking!
    Matthew
    Yes, since the most recent update (this past Monday), night shots will now appear on FR24.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      Yes, since the most recent update (this past Monday), night shots will now appear on FR24.
      This change is a very wise and welcoming decision, because the requirement is to mark as a night shot even photos that taken in full (and very nice) daylight after sunrise or before sunset, but these are usually pretty and clear photos, so why shouldn't they appear?

Cheers,
      Erez.

Comment

Hi,

As mentioned above, we are now allowing night-shots on FR24. This is something that has been requested for a long time so we are happy that it is now working. Any true night-shots (i.e. photos taken in the dark where the aircraft is not very clear) will not be shown on FR24.

We have also decreased the amount of time between a photo being accepted and showing up on FR24- eligible photos should now be shown within 2 hours of being accepted by the screening team.

Thanks,
        Laurence

Comment

Beeing a big fan of nightshots i really really welcome this decision - thank you FR24 and JP

Comment

Great to hear this.
            Is this applicable on old photos or only for the new uploads?

Comment

Originally posted by boiko90 View Post
              Great to hear this.
              Is this applicable on old photos or only for the new uploads?
              It has not been back-dated- only new uploads.

Comment

So if the night shots appear now on fr24...what is with face to face shots. Are they still unvisible or have this changed too?
                Thank you for the info.
                Best Regards from Germany,
                Julian S.​

Comment

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
                  So if the night shots appear now on fr24...what is with face to face shots. Are they still unvisible or have this changed too?
                  Thank you for the info.
                  This has not changed.
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Thanks a lot for reply Gerardo
                    Best Regards from Germany,
                    Julian S.​

Comment

Originally posted by laurencefr24 View Post
                      It has not been back-dated- only new uploads.
                      Not sure about that...perhaps only images accepted since the site update/re-launch? I have an image marked 'Night Shot' accepted July 1, and it now appears on FR24.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                        Not sure about that...perhaps only images accepted since the site update/re-launch? I have an image marked 'Night Shot' accepted July 1, and it now appears on FR24.
                        Sorry, I was a bit unclear on this one. I mean that we always show the latest accepted photo of an aircraft on FR24, which now includes night shots. So in your case, the photo from July 1st is newest photo for that aircraft therefore showing on FR24.

What I meant will not be showing older night shot photos that are no longer the latest photo.

Comment

Are photos like these also shown on flightradar now?

D-AHFZ. Boeing 737-8K5. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Originally posted by CO777/200 View Post
                            Are photos like these also shown on flightradar now?

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8674706
                            No, in this case the photo would not be shown as the aircraft is not clear.

Comment

Working...
                            X