Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jpg Compression artefacts

Hi there

I've been struggling to get my photos accepted on the site nd while I've solved all the other issues that were causing my photos to be rejected, there is now just one thing that seems to standing in the way getting my photos accepted. Lately my photos are getting rejected due to the presence of Jpg compression artefacts. Do you know how I can solve this problem?

Thank you

Originally posted by Pta Aviation View Post
    Hi there

I've been struggling to get my photos accepted on the site nd while I've solved all the other issues that were causing my photos to be rejected, there is now just one thing that seems to standing in the way getting my photos accepted. Lately my photos are getting rejected due to the presence of Jpg compression artefacts. Do you know how I can solve this problem?

Thank you
    Without seeing examples of these rejections, the best advice I can offer is to always save your images at the maximum quality setting. Anything less than that will have a pretty good chance at introducing a fair amount of compression.

Comment

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

These are the two photos I submitted recently that were rejected due to compression artefacts.

Comment

And also, I just wanted to know what kind of number we're talking about in terms of quality settings.

Comment

I also wanted to know how you resize photos on Lightroom, which I use to edit my photos and also how to select quality settings when saving the photos.

Comment

Hi,

In my eyes your problems are not only compression artefacts.
            You should carefully read the upload guidelines.
            There are a lot of tips about editing photos in this forum for example: processing tips and tricks by brianw999.
            Those tutorials helped me alot. thanks for this.

On the other hand you can post your photos in the prescreening post to avoid rejections.
            In the prescreening post you can have a look on the photos from other members, and look at the comments from the screeners.

Greetings.
            Ellx

Comment

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6061026

These are the two photos I submitted recently that were rejected due to compression artefacts.
              These two pics are more a case of low contrast than compression. Possibly the screener hit the wrong button. Contrast is right next door to Compression on the voting page.
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

As far as resolution to save at is concerned, all images should be saved at the maximum and it should be the last and only time that you save. In Adobe products this is achieved by saving at value 12.
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6061026

I was the one who actually rejected those. Despite what Brian said, they are actually heavily compressed. There are compression artifacts visible throughout the frame (very obvious around the reg. and tail logo on the first image). Another big hint about how much they are compressed are the file sizes. Images with detailed backgrounds like yours I would expect to be in the 300-400k range for the ~ 1200 pixel size they are. Your two images are 136k and 192k respectively, less than half the size one would expect. Any 1200 pix image less than 200k probably has severe compression (as is evidenced in your images).

As for which save setting, as the number can be different depending on what software you are using, simply select the highest possible value, be it 10 or 12.

Comment

Thank you so much for all the tips guys. I'm still new to the whole field of plane spotting and aviation photography so this is indeed very helpful. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to help out. Thank you

Comment

Working...
                    X