"Vignetting not allowed" rejection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Vignetting not allowed" rejection

Few weeks ago I uploaded a photo & got the rejection "vignetting not allowed". Honestly I searched what vignetting is because I didn't know & apparently it's like you're enlightening the subject more. In that case I accepted the rejection, took another picture of the same aircraft another day & I didn't mind at all about the rejected picture. Recently I had the same rejection again & honestly this time the picture didn't look like it had dark corners but when I scrolled in some of my pictures I saw pictures that yes they had their corners a bit darker than the centre. Is this a problem with a camera setting or maybe a problem in the body or lens. Both with an 18-55mm Canon lens & also with a 100-400 lens I got the rejection. Can someone help me pls? Thanks!

Vignetting is commonly observed when you shoot at very wide open apertures. Try to be at f7.1-f8 when you shoot. Also in post processing it is very easy to get rid of the vignetting.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! What should I do in the post processing to get rid of the 'vignetting' pls?

Comment

Originally posted by abela.daniel View Post
        Thanks for the reply! What should I do in the post processing to get rid of the 'vignetting' pls?
        Most editing programs will have some tools to fix vignetting. In PS you can find it under 'Lens Correction'.

However, such post-processing fixes can often introduce other unwanted effects, like compression or halos in the sky, so honestly it's probably best in the future to try and avoid vignetting in the first place by adjusting your camera settings.

Comment

Yes from now on I'll try to shoot at F7.1 when shooting in sunny weather Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X