Can this one be saved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can this one be saved?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I had a feeling this one was going to be rejected, my question is can anybody modify it to upload quality?

Here is the original cropped and resized.

Hi Grant,
    Do you have the bigger version still? This one will not survive being expanded back to 768 high and has suffered a fair bit. I think the grain will be it's downfall. I gave it a quick go:

It's hard to get a good shot on such a dull day isn't it?
    Cheers!

Comment

Here's my shot at it. I changed the contrast, brightness and gamma, and sharpened it a bit. However, it still has a lot of grain.

"The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

That one doesn't appear to have the stuff. Just taken on too dark of a day and a bit too far away. It's also quite grainy. Definately one for the personal collection.

Comment

Here's my attemt at getting rid of the grain. It's very silly - I doubt it even worked. This is what I did. I used the smudge tool in Microsoft Photo Editor, and smudged out all the grain around the aircraft. Naturally, I cannot smudge out the grain on the actual aircraft itself. So what we have now is a complete mess, with the sky un-grained, the aircraft grainy, and smudgy borders on part of the aircraft (grain smudging-out accidents.

Oh yeah, I hand smudged out the grain, by rubbing the mouse pointer all over the picture.

"Vows never to waste 20 minutes doing stuff like that ever again:

"The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

Comment

Vows never to waste 20 minutes doing stuff like that ever again
            Thanks for your effort anyway but i think SWA is right, this may be a lost cause. I won't let it bother me to much, i had only had my camera for one day when this picture was took.

Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Dont use the smudge tool, looks bloddy aweful.

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                Dont use the smudge tool, looks bloddy aweful.
                It looks like it is a scan of a print which got wet...

Still, I've never managed to get a decent shot of an aircraft taking off
                Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Yeah, I know. That was a waste of time. Well, atleast it removed some of the grain a bit.

Comment

I could tell from looking at the original....it is a gonner..... didn't even try that one.

Comment

I could tell from looking at the original....it is a gonner..... didn't even try that one.
                      You're probably right. I tried anyway as I didn't want to be left out

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

I tried it with "Neat Image" ... so now it has nearly no grain! After that i changed gamma and contrast with ACDSee and sharpend it a lil' bit!
                        Mh, not bad ...

Comment

No offense guys, but this ones a lost cause. There's just to many things running against it.

But feel free to carry on trying your best with it...some interesting results

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                            No offense guys, but this ones a lost cause.
                            Yeh i kind of threw in the towel last week but i do appreciate the help, thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                            X