Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Rejection

Hi all,

So I got this rejected today for dark and underexposed but if I increase the brightness on it, the picture just looks very uneven and odd. Could someone help me with this picture?
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks, fellas...

(Dlowwa I know you're always the first to respond to forum posts... so how are you doing?)

xD

Originally posted by FederalAce View Post
    Hi all,

So I got this rejected today for dark and underexposed but if I increase the brightness on it, the picture just looks very uneven and odd. Could someone help me with this picture?
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks, fellas...

(Dlowwa I know you're always the first to respond to forum posts... so how are you doing?)

xD
    Unfortunately, you are showing the shadowed side of the aircraft. You can try to increase brightness overall, but I'm not sure, if that works.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
      Unfortunately, you are showing the shadowed side of the aircraft. You can try to increase brightness overall, but I'm not sure, if that works.
      That makes the bright side of the fuselage look too bright...

Comment

That makes the bright side of the fuselage look too bright...
        ... which is essentially shooting against the light. No matter what you do, you will either have overexposed or underexposed areas. Such photos work best with low sun.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks, fellas...

xD
          The angle is much too acute to get a decent shot with that midday light. If you want to shoot 26R approach shots at that time of day, you'd do much better to walk a little further west or south on Templeton, where you can get a better angle, like this:

Previously C9-BAN of Linhas Aereas de Mocambique.. C-GCNS. Boeing 737-275(Adv). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Basically the closer you are to the outlet mall, the more you're going to be directly under the flight path, which isn't ideal for the type of shot I think you were going for here. If you were in fact purposefully going for the belly shot, then like Gerardo said, you're going to have maybe 20-30 minutes at the end of the day where the sun is close enough to the horizon that the belly of the aircraft will be lit, and actually make this type of shot work.
          Last edited by dlowwa; 2017-10-22, 04:09.

Comment

Working...
          X