Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with rejection

I've uploaded this picture:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

and has been rejected for Horizon unlevel. I have even appealed it but got rejected again.
    So i've checked again the full scale image and the buildings look vertical to me.
    I would love if you can give another watch to it and say if i'm wrong and how many degrees of rotation I have to give to the picture!

Thanks

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122388932@N04/

Hello,
    you need to turn clockwise a little. You could use the runway for reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Alberto_Cucini View Post
      I've uploaded this picture:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

and has been rejected for Horizon unlevel. I have even appealed it but got rejected again.
      So i've checked again the full scale image and the buildings look vertical to me.
      I would love if you can give another watch to it and say if i'm wrong and how many degrees of rotation I have to give to the picture!

Thanks
      Based on the background verticals, needs (slight) cw rotation, around 0.3 degrees perhaps.

Originally posted by boiko90 View Post
      You could use the runway for reference.
      No, don't use the runway for reference. Background verticals are much more reliable.

Comment

..and to define it a bit more ..... Background verticals closest to the centre of the image are much more reliable. If you have a wideangle shot with no centre vertical reference point then set the angle of lean on the left and right side to be the same.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Just to complete the explanation and help if any other user has problems/issues with this, I attached your image with some "references" marked in red. In the beginning I had some difficulties to understand and also see/put the vertical/horizontal levels, so everytime I'm in doubt I put a line and see if exists some inclination (normally is minimal but exist). In the arrow you see the building needs a CW rotation (as I said: minimal but needed)

It's not only about "reject" your shot but also to appears more beauty even you only use in your personal colletion Hope this can help! I learn this with the member Julian S. here in the forum and works well for me until now.

And I learn with this comment from brian, I didn't know that! Always live and learning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	teste1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	690.2 KB
ID:	1019570

Vinicius
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks everyone for the help!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122388932@N04/

Comment

Working...