Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YanS - Editing Advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello everyone,

    I'm having a little trouble getting the horizon correct on the pictures. I don't have really much experience with the horizon on photos without real vertical lines.

    1. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00724v2.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	682.3 KB
ID:	1106437

    2. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00742v2.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	611.5 KB
ID:	1106438

    3. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00748v2.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	629.5 KB
ID:	1106439

    4.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00806v2.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	711.5 KB
ID:	1106440

    Of course any advice on other problems is welcome as well. D-MIEL is shown on FR24 and has a more or less significant livery-update but I don't know if it is enough to be considered as a hot photo. But on the other hand the normal queue is pretty quick at the moment as well and the picture was taken in May, so I'm not sure if a few days matter that much.


    Thanks in advance,
    Best regards,
    Yannick

    Comment


    • Originally posted by YanS View Post
      Hello everyone,

      I'm having a little trouble getting the horizon correct on the pictures. I don't have really much experience with the horizon on photos without real vertical lines.

      Of course any advice on other problems is welcome as well. D-MIEL is shown on FR24 and has a more or less significant livery-update but I don't know if it is enough to be considered as a hot photo. But on the other hand the normal queue is pretty quick at the moment as well and the picture was taken in May, so I'm not sure if a few days matter that much.
      Last one might need a touch of CW rotation, but otherwise don't see any major quality issues.

      Comment


      • Hello everyone,

        I have a question concerning this rejection ( https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8953255 ).
        I can understand why this was rejected for ’soft‘ however I‘m a little unsure about the exposure-problem. As I understand it the histogram shows that the picture is indeed very bright but does not have any clipped details. But ist could also be a misunderstanding on my side so any advice on this would be helpful for future submissions.

        Thanks for your answers,
        All the best,
        Yannick

        Comment


        • Originally posted by YanS View Post
          Hello everyone,

          I have a question concerning this rejection ( https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8953255 ).
          I can understand why this was rejected for ’soft‘ however I‘m a little unsure about the exposure-problem. As I understand it the histogram shows that the picture is indeed very bright but does not have any clipped details. But ist could also be a misunderstanding on my side so any advice on this would be helpful for future submissions.

          Thanks for your answers,
          All the best,
          Yannick
          This more of an aesthetic rejection than technical. Just reduce the brightness a touch, and it should be ok.

          Comment


          • Hello everyone,

            I recently got the permission to upload pictures up to 1920px. Now I'm trying to gain some experience in editing larger photos and finding out if a certain picture has the quality for a certain size.

            It would help me to now if any of the photos below has the quality to be accepted at the respective size.


            1. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03653v2.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	1115872

            2. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03077v4.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	1115873


            3. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03134v3.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	1115874


            4. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03323v3.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	1115875



            Thanks in advance,
            Best regards,
            Yannick

            Comment


            • Originally posted by YanS View Post
              Hello everyone,

              I recently got the permission to upload pictures up to 1920px. Now I'm trying to gain some experience in editing larger photos and finding out if a certain picture has the quality for a certain size.

              It would help me to now if any of the photos below has the quality to be accepted at the respective size.
              These are all soft or very soft. None would be acceptable. Better to stick to 1280pix.

              Comment


              • Hello everyone again,

                today this picture ( https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9142400 ) was rejected for having too much or too Little contrast, being overexposed and showing vignetting. To be honest I do not see any vignetting here. I would be really happy if someone could point out what that rejection reason refers to. Furthermore I‘m a little unsure about the contrast aspect. Is it too high or too low (could somehow be a little bit of both actually but I personally think it’s ok )... Concerning the exposure-issue I am pretty sure that it is not overexposed. Neither aesthetically (at least from my perspective ) nor technically (judging by the histogram).

                I‘m happy about any advice.

                Thanks for your time,
                Best regards,
                Yannick

                Comment


                • Originally posted by YanS View Post
                  Hello everyone again,

                  today this picture ( https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9142400 ) was rejected for having too much or too Little contrast, being overexposed and showing vignetting. To be honest I do not see any vignetting here. I would be really happy if someone could point out what that rejection reason refers to. Furthermore I‘m a little unsure about the contrast aspect. Is it too high or too low (could somehow be a little bit of both actually but I personally think it’s ok )... Concerning the exposure-issue I am pretty sure that it is not overexposed. Neither aesthetically (at least from my perspective ) nor technically (judging by the histogram).

                  I‘m happy about any advice.

                  Thanks for your time,
                  Best regards,
                  Yannick
                  Contrast is a bit harsh, but histogram looks acceptable for exposure. Vignetting probably because of that out-of-focus object/shadow in the bottom right. The former should be relatively easy to fix with a new edit.

                  Comment


                  • Hello everyone,

                    Thanks to dlowwa for your answer. I tried to improve the contrast but I'm not sure if it ist is better now, so some feedback would be great.

                    1. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1819v2.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	706.7 KB
ID:	1116153


                    I also have some questions concerning these pictures below.

                    2. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1730 2v2.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	748.8 KB
ID:	1116154 I'm not sure about the horizon here. It seems to be leaning to the right a bit but the verticals look ok to me.


                    3. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1817v2.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	732.9 KB
ID:	1116155 Pretty much the same thing as #2. Seems to be leaning to right a bit but giving it more ccw also looks a bit off...


                    4. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1767v3.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	539.4 KB
ID:	1116156 Not sure about sharpness on this one.



                    Of course I'm also happy to know if there are any other issues, so a general feddback is welcome as well.


                    Thanks in advance,
                    All the best,
                    Yannick

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by YanS View Post
                      Thanks to dlowwa for your answer. I tried to improve the contrast but I'm not sure if it ist is better now, so some feedback would be great.
                      Don't see a huge difference, tbh.

                      Originally posted by YanS View Post
                      I also have some questions concerning these pictures below.

                      I'm not sure about the horizon here. It seems to be leaning to the right a bit but the verticals look ok to me.
                      I'd probably give it a tiny bit of CCW rotation.

                      Originally posted by YanS View Post
                      Pretty much the same thing as #2. Seems to be leaning to right a bit but giving it more ccw also looks a bit off...
                      Can't really tell. Would be ok for me.

                      Originally posted by YanS View Post
                      Not sure about sharpness on this one.
                      Maybe a bit soft towards the nose, but also would be ok for me.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X