• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by YanS View Post
    Hello everybody,

As the last version of this picture had too noticable issues with softness and exposure as well, I now tried a slightly wider crop and a lower resolution. Does this hide the softness enough?
    Of course a feedback concerning the exposure-problem or other flaws is welcome as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0436 1v2.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	547.2 KB
ID:	1103609

Thanks in advance,
    Best regards,
    Yannick
    Exposure ok, tail is a bit soft.

Leave a comment:

• YanS
    replied
    Hello everybody,

As the last version of this picture had too noticable issues with softness and exposure as well, I now tried a slightly wider crop and a lower resolution. Does this hide the softness enough?
    Of course a feedback concerning the exposure-problem or other flaws is welcome as well.

Name:	IMG_0436 1v2.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	547.2 KB
ID:	1103609

Thanks in advance,
    Best regards,
    Yannick

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Hello everyone,

A feedback on this picture would be great. I'm a little worried about heat haze / softness and horizon on this one .

Name:	IMG_5719v3.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	593.2 KB
ID:	1103472

Thanks in advance,
    All the best,
    Yannick
    Indeed: soft, slightly heat hazed and slightly leaning to the right

Leave a comment:

• YanS
    replied
    Hello everyone,

A feedback on this picture would be great. I'm a little worried about heat haze / softness and horizon on this one .

Name:	IMG_5719v3.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	593.2 KB
ID:	1103472

Thanks in advance,
    All the best,
    Yannick

Leave a comment:

• YanS
    replied
    Hey dlowwa,

Thanks a lot for your feedback .
    I gave the ADAC a touch more sharpness and put it in the queue.

Best regards,
    Yannick

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello everyone,

I tried to brighten the Dornier up a bitbut I'm not sure if it is good enough now. it would be awsome to know if this version has better chances.
    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0489v4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	681.9 KB ID:	1103290

In addition to that I also have this CRJ in similar light-conditions so I assume this needs 'night shot' aswell, correct? I'm also unsure if its too dark or too soft.

Name:	IMG_0496v3.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	595.4 KB
ID:	1103292
    Thanks for your answers,
    Best regards,
    Yannick
    Both are a bit soft (especially the second), but would otherwise be ok for me. Night shot can be used for both.

Leave a comment:

• YanS
    replied
    Hello everyone,

I tried to brighten the Dornier up a bitbut I'm not sure if it is good enough now. it would be awsome to know if this version has better chances.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0489v4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	681.9 KB ID:	1103290

In addition to that I also have this CRJ in similar light-conditions so I assume this needs 'night shot' aswell, correct? I'm also unsure if its too dark or too soft.

Name:	IMG_0496v3.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	595.4 KB
ID:	1103292
    Thanks for your answers,
    Best regards,
    Yannick
    Last edited by YanS; 2020-11-21, 18:21. Reason: added the second picture

Leave a comment:

• YanS
    replied
    Hi Gerardo,

Thanks for your advice, I‘ll brighten it up a bit and give it another try with the night shot category .

Best regards,
    Yannick

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Hello everyone,

I am really sorry for the fact that I again go to the forum with a rejection but I‘m not really sure what category is missing on this one ( https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8606135 ).
    I can only imagine „business jet“ (however it would really sound strange to me calling this a business jet ) or „night shot“. But also selecting „night shot“ for this picture would at least be a little questionable in my eyes as there is still more or less proper daylight.
    Furthermore the dark-aspect seems also a bit harsh to me. Yes, there is a gap on the right side of the histogram but for my understanding that is more down to the fact that the aircraft is mainly yellow (and black) and not white. If there is a misunderstanding on my side concerning the histogram, please let me know .

Thanks in advance,
    All the best,
    Yannick
    the photo would not have been rejected for the missing Night Shot category alone. But the photo is also a bit too dark.

Leave a comment:

• YanS
    replied
    Hello everyone,

I am really sorry for the fact that I again go to the forum with a rejection but I‘m not really sure what category is missing on this one ( https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8606135 ).
    I can only imagine „business jet“ (however it would really sound strange to me calling this a business jet ) or „night shot“. But also selecting „night shot“ for this picture would at least be a little questionable in my eyes as there is still more or less proper daylight.
    Furthermore the dark-aspect seems also a bit harsh to me. Yes, there is a gap on the right side of the histogram but for my understanding that is more down to the fact that the aircraft is mainly yellow (and black) and not white. If there is a misunderstanding on my side concerning the histogram, please let me know .

Thanks in advance,
    All the best,
    Yannick

Leave a comment:

• YanS
    replied
    Hi dlowwa,

Thanks for your feedback.
    I will see if a better edit works but as the noise is already pretty strong on the original pictures I think I‘ll keep these for my personal collection.

Kind regards
    Yannick

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello everyone,

I was working on some older photos and wondered if these would work for JP or if there is too much noise in the sky.
    Of course a look at other issues is also welcome.

1. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5112v2.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	450.7 KB
ID:	1103217

2. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5417v2.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	495.2 KB
ID:	1103218

3. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5381v2.jpg
Size:	488.8 KB
ID:	1103219

Thanks for your answers,
    All the best,
    Yannick
    Noise is somewhat noticeable, and sharpening is an issue as well. May be fixable with better edits.

Leave a comment:

• YanS
    replied
    Hello everyone,

I was working on some older photos and wondered if these would work for JP or if there is too much noise in the sky.
    Of course a look at other issues is also welcome.

1. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5112v2.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	450.7 KB
ID:	1103217

2. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5417v2.jpg
Size:	495.2 KB
ID:	1103218

3. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5381v2.jpg
Size:	488.8 KB
ID:	1103219

Thanks for your answers,
    All the best,
    Yannick

Leave a comment:

• YanS
    replied
    Thanks a lot, dlowwa, I‘ll add a little ccw and give it a try.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi dlowwa,

Thanks for your quick answer!
    would it have a Chance to be accepted?

Kind regards
    yannick
    It's close enough to be ok for me, though if you wanted to be sure, might want to give it just a little more CCW.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X