Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle McKinlay - Editing Advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by KyleMcKinlay View Post
    Thank you! How are these shots? I tried something different, but unsure of the crops.

    Also, for no (1), is the sharpness ok; left hand side of engine 2 appears a bit softer than the rest I think?

    Thank you for your time!

    [ATTACH=CONFIG]28209[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]28210[/ATTACH]
    Both acceptable.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

    Comment


    • Thank you very much!

      Regards,

      Kyle.

      Comment


      • Hello!

        Could I please ask for some advice on this image please? I wasn't sure if it had too much noise or was acceptable. Thank you for your time.

        Regards,

        Kyle.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	G-VAST_EGPF_MEDRES_8113.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1,013.2 KB
ID:	1042827

        Comment


        • Could someone please assist with pre-screening? Thank you!

          Regards,

          Kyle.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by KyleMcKinlay View Post
            Hello!

            Could I please ask for some advice on this image please? I wasn't sure if it had too much noise or was acceptable. Thank you for your time.

            Regards,

            Kyle.

            [ATTACH=CONFIG]28706[/ATTACH]
            In my opinion the glare kills the photo.
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

            Comment


            • Thank you for your reply, LX-A343. Forgive my ignorance, and perhaps I'm still wrong, but I thought that the 'orange glow' was the sunlight coming through the ground mist and condensation on the wings? And, if this is the case, is it worth a try uploading? I fully appreciate any feedback!

              Regards,

              Kyle.

              Comment


              • Could someone please pre-screen this image? The low winter sunlight made the cast a little awkward to determine. Click image for larger version

Name:	G-VMIK_EGPF_MEDRES_9168.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	1075730
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • Originally posted by KyleMcKinlay View Post
                  Could someone please pre-screen this image? The low winter sunlight made the cast a little awkward to determine. Click image for larger version

Name:	G-VMIK_EGPF_MEDRES_9168.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	1075730
                  I for one like it and would accept it.
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

                  Comment


                  • Thank you very much!

                    Comment


                    • Hello, I had this image rejected recenlty and was hoping that someone would be able to kindly offer me some advice please.

                      https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7752784

                      The rejections were for 'too much or too little contrast' and 'categories wrong or missing'. I agree now that the image does lack contrast, though wasn't too sure about what went wrong with the categories. Should this have been selected as a 'night shot'? Perhaps I've accidentally selected another category by mistake, though just thought it was worth clearing up.

                      Thank you for your time!

                      Kind regards,

                      Kyle.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by KyleMcKinlay View Post
                        Hello, I had this image rejected recenlty and was hoping that someone would be able to kindly offer me some advice please.

                        https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7752784

                        The rejections were for 'too much or too little contrast' and 'categories wrong or missing'. I agree now that the image does lack contrast, though wasn't too sure about what went wrong with the categories. Should this have been selected as a 'night shot'? Perhaps I've accidentally selected another category by mistake, though just thought it was worth clearing up.

                        Thank you for your time!

                        Kind regards,

                        Kyle.
                        As you guessed already, such photos need NIGHT SHOT category selected.
                        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

                        Comment


                        • Great, thanks for the feedback!

                          Comment


                          • Could I please have pre-screening advice on this image? Thought it looked a little dark, though not sure if its just this different screen that I've used lately. Thank you for your time.
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • Would someone kindly be able to offer advice for the previous post please? Many thanks!

                              Kyle

                              Comment


                              • Could I please have some advice on this image? Mainly exposure and categories would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

                                Kyle

                                Attached Files

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X