Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle McKinlay - Editing Advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by KyleMcKinlay View Post
    My apologies, I'd forgotten to do that after making the other adjustements.

    I've now reduced the image to 1200x800, does this seem better? I understand that lower pixel sizes should be used with images of lower overall quality. Out of curiosity, was that the case here, or were there any specific issues with the original 1920x1080 image, such as sharpness, noise, compression etc?

    Thank you, again, for your time and feedback.

    Regards,

    Kyle
    Original was much too soft for 1920. New version hides the flaws somewhat better, but will still be borderline, especially for contrast.

    Comment


    • Thank you for the feedback, Dana! I'll have another look at the contrast and give the new image a try.

      Regards,

      Kyle

      Comment


      • Could I please ask for some advice regarding this image?

        It was rejected for contrast - initially I may have thought that contrast would have been 'too low', and so I appealed the photo. My appeal was rejected, with the comments stating that the histogram shows that the dark tones are underexposed. Has my initial thought been wrong, and that there is actually 'too much' contrast? If so, can this be fixed be editing?

        Thank you very much for your time!

        Kind regards,

        Kyle McKinlay

        https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8423963

        Comment


        • Originally posted by KyleMcKinlay View Post
          Could I please ask for some advice regarding this image?

          It was rejected for contrast - initially I may have thought that contrast would have been 'too low', and so I appealed the photo. My appeal was rejected, with the comments stating that the histogram shows that the dark tones are underexposed. Has my initial thought been wrong, and that there is actually 'too much' contrast? If so, can this be fixed be editing?

          Thank you very much for your time!

          Kind regards,

          Kyle McKinlay

          https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8423963
          Image has already been appealed, and comments left.

          Comment


          • Hi,

            I had an image that I was unsure of what size would be best to upload. I thought I'd try to upload the same image in both sizes, which resulted in both images being rejecte for a double upload. I didn't know about this type of rejection, but after reading the forum, I clearly understand that it is a very fair rejection and that it was silly of me to have uploaded twice.

            Would I be able to ask for pre-screening of the image that I was initially unsure of please? I've attached the 1920x1080 px version, though I suspet there may be noise issues with this one and the 1200x800 is better suited or upload.

            Thank you for your time and feedback on this matter.

            Kind regards,

            Kyle McKinlay

            Click image for larger version

Name:	A6-EBB_EGPF_MEDRES_V2_9946.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	1103305

            Comment


            • Originally posted by KyleMcKinlay View Post
              Hi,
              Would I be able to ask for pre-screening of the image that I was initially unsure of please?
              Would be rejected for soft/blurry, noise, compression.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                Would be rejected for soft/blurry, noise, compression.
                Dana,

                Thank you for your feedback.

                I've resized the original image, and tried to sort the noise/sharpness issues, but I'm not sure otherwise. Would this stand a better chance at getting acepted?

                Thank you for taking the time to help!

                Kind regards,

                Kyle McKinlay

                Attached Files

                Comment


                • Originally posted by KyleMcKinlay View Post

                  Dana,

                  Thank you for your feedback.

                  I've resized the original image, and tried to sort the noise/sharpness issues, but I'm not sure otherwise. Would this stand a better chance at getting acepted?

                  Thank you for taking the time to help!

                  Kind regards,

                  Kyle McKinlay
                  Suffering from oversharpening/noise/compression.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                    Suffering from oversharpening/noise/compression.
                    Thank you for the feedback Dana. I doubt I'll be able to improve those, so likely one for the personal collection.

                    Could I please ask for some advice on these two images please? I've always found it difficult to obtain a correctly exposed image shot during sunrise/sunset. Either, I have something that looks correctly exposed according to the luminsity histogram, but the highlights look blown, or I have something that looks more natural, but my luminosity histogram is left with a gap on the right hand side. Do you have any tips for photos shot during this time please?

                    Thank you for the advice!

                    Kind regards,

                    Kyle McKinlay

                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by KyleMcKinlay View Post

                      Thank you for the feedback Dana. I doubt I'll be able to improve those, so likely one for the personal collection.

                      Could I please ask for some advice on these two images please? I've always found it difficult to obtain a correctly exposed image shot during sunrise/sunset. Either, I have something that looks correctly exposed according to the luminsity histogram, but the highlights look blown, or I have something that looks more natural, but my luminosity histogram is left with a gap on the right hand side. Do you have any tips for photos shot during this time please?

                      Thank you for the advice!

                      Kind regards,

                      Kyle McKinlay
                      Both a touch bright but should be easy to adjust.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                        Both a touch bright but should be easy to adjust.
                        Thank you for the feedback again! Hopefully these show the necessary improvement? I've also added a screenshot of the luminosity histogram for reference to what I'd previously mentioned. Normall, I'd try to close the gap on the right hand side via a levels adjustment. Do you have any advice for this for sunrise/sunset photos, as this proves to be a little tricker please?

                        Thank you very much!

                        Kind regards,

                        Kyle McKinlay

                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by KyleMcKinlay View Post

                          Thank you for the feedback again! Hopefully these show the necessary improvement? I've also added a screenshot of the luminosity histogram for reference to what I'd previously mentioned. Normall, I'd try to close the gap on the right hand side via a levels adjustment. Do you have any advice for this for sunrise/sunset photos, as this proves to be a little tricker please?

                          Thank you very much!

                          Kind regards,

                          Kyle McKinlay
                          Both look much better now.
                          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X