X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KyleMcKinlay View Post
    Could any screener assist please?
    Hi Kylie

I've been busy at work and screening. Its difficult sometimes for screeners to know whats answered, current etc...when unfortunately we (all) drop into the feedback/help stuff as / when we can.

1. cyan/blue cast (most of them). Contrast
    2-3 contrast (check out the wheels, pixelated due heat and or compression)
    4-5 Contrast (colour).

Have a check of your white balance across the board. Also be critical (2-3) about the original files for sharpness and of course your save as max settings to avoid compression .
    T
    Last edited by 777MAN; 2019-08-15, 18:47.

Comment

• Hi Tony!

I fully understand that screeners are very busy with both other screening/forums/personal life etc and had just posted here a few times as I thought my initial request was maybe overlooked by mistake. No harm done!

Thank you very much for the feedback. Rubbish weather is a pain lol. I agree with the white balance issues; something I'll just have to keep an eye on and hopefully improve with time. With regards to the wheel issue in particular, do you think that it could be over-sharpening on these two examples (2,3)? I agree that they're definitely jagged, but the RAW files show no heat haze and compression doesn't seem *too* bad. For future reference, do images 2 and 3 differ significantly to the likes of this image also taken at the same time, with similar jagged wheels? https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9364324

Regards, Kyle

Comment

Hi Tony!

I fully understand that screeners are very busy with both other screening/forums/personal life etc and had just posted here a few times as I thought my initial request was maybe overlooked by mistake. No harm done!

Thank you very much for the feedback. Rubbish weather is a pain lol. I agree with the white balance issues; something I'll just have to keep an eye on and hopefully improve with time. With regards to the wheel issue in particular, do you think that it could be over-sharpening on these two examples (2,3)? I agree that they're definitely jagged, but the RAW files show no heat haze and compression doesn't seem *too* bad. For future reference, do images 2 and 3 differ significantly to the likes of this image also taken at the same time, with similar jagged wheels? https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9364324

Regards, Kyle
        Hi Kyie

If 2 and 3 where mine I'd put in personal collection .
        As I said - be critical. I still do it all the time. "is it in sharp:? Yes, with a FF camera 1920 pic or 1600 upload here no probs.
        aim for this standard
        Crop sensor images well done in camera and post +https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9403826T (sorry Sandra but they are good)
        Full frame - https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9392348
        T
        Last edited by 777MAN; 2019-08-15, 21:49.

Comment

• Excellent. Thank you, once again! And for that speedy reply too

Regards, Kyle

Comment

• Hi! Would photos of crew training of the new Virgin A350-1000 be considered 'hot photos'? I assume not, but see that 'screener discretion' is part of the upload guidelines 2.5.5. Thank you.

Comment

Hi! Would photos of crew training of the new Virgin A350-1000 be considered 'hot photos'? I assume not, but see that 'screener discretion' is part of the upload guidelines 2.5.5. Thank you.
              Is it a new reg.?

Comment

• No; there is already at least one photo in the database.

Comment

No; there is already at least one photo in the database.
                  Then not hot.

Comment

• Ok, thank you for the reply and feedback.

Comment

• How is this image? Currently a 1024x576 pixel image; though my 1200x800 version *might* actually be better. Anyway, thank you for your time!

Click image for larger version

Name:	G-STBI_WSSS_LORES_7825.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	439.2 KB
ID:	1042139

Comment

How is this image? Currently a 1024x576 pixel image; though my 1200x800 version *might* actually be better. Anyway, thank you for your time!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27867[/ATTACH]
                        i am afraid it has several issues: over sharpened, noisy, cut off and not centered

Comment

• Thank you for the feedback! How is this image? I'm mainly meaning in terms of contrast. Thank you for your time.

Name:	A6-EEU_EGPF_MEDRES_6193.jpg
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	1042169

Comment

Thank you for the feedback! How is this image? I'm mainly meaning in terms of contrast. Thank you for your time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27899[/ATTACH]
                            I'd accept it.
                            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Thank you! How are these shots? I tried something different, but unsure of the crops.

Also, for no (1), is the sharpness ok; left hand side of engine 2 appears a bit softer than the rest I think?

Thank you for your time!

Name:	TF-FIU_EGPF_MEDRES_6345.jpg
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	1042415

Name:	G-VBIG_EGPF_MEDRES_6660.jpg
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	1042416

Comment

• Would it be possible to have feedback on the previous post please? Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                                X