Kyle McKinlay - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KyleMcKinlay View Post
    My apologies, I'd forgotten to do that after making the other adjustements.

I've now reduced the image to 1200x800, does this seem better? I understand that lower pixel sizes should be used with images of lower overall quality. Out of curiosity, was that the case here, or were there any specific issues with the original 1920x1080 image, such as sharpness, noise, compression etc?

Thank you, again, for your time and feedback.

Regards,

Kyle
    Original was much too soft for 1920. New version hides the flaws somewhat better, but will still be borderline, especially for contrast.

Comment

• Thank you for the feedback, Dana! I'll have another look at the contrast and give the new image a try.

Regards,

Kyle

Comment

• Could I please ask for some advice regarding this image?

It was rejected for contrast - initially I may have thought that contrast would have been 'too low', and so I appealed the photo. My appeal was rejected, with the comments stating that the histogram shows that the dark tones are underexposed. Has my initial thought been wrong, and that there is actually 'too much' contrast? If so, can this be fixed be editing?

Thank you very much for your time!

Kind regards,

Kyle McKinlay

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Could I please ask for some advice regarding this image?

It was rejected for contrast - initially I may have thought that contrast would have been 'too low', and so I appealed the photo. My appeal was rejected, with the comments stating that the histogram shows that the dark tones are underexposed. Has my initial thought been wrong, and that there is actually 'too much' contrast? If so, can this be fixed be editing?

Thank you very much for your time!

Kind regards,

Kyle McKinlay

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8423963
          Image has already been appealed, and comments left.

Comment

• Hi,

I had an image that I was unsure of what size would be best to upload. I thought I'd try to upload the same image in both sizes, which resulted in both images being rejecte for a double upload. I didn't know about this type of rejection, but after reading the forum, I clearly understand that it is a very fair rejection and that it was silly of me to have uploaded twice.

Would I be able to ask for pre-screening of the image that I was initially unsure of please? I've attached the 1920x1080 px version, though I suspet there may be noise issues with this one and the 1200x800 is better suited or upload.

Thank you for your time and feedback on this matter.

Kind regards,

Kyle McKinlay

Click image for larger version

Name:	A6-EBB_EGPF_MEDRES_V2_9946.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	1103305

Comment

Hi,
              Would I be able to ask for pre-screening of the image that I was initially unsure of please?
              Would be rejected for soft/blurry, noise, compression.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Would be rejected for soft/blurry, noise, compression.
                Dana,

Thank you for your feedback.

I've resized the original image, and tried to sort the noise/sharpness issues, but I'm not sure otherwise. Would this stand a better chance at getting acepted?

Thank you for taking the time to help!

Kind regards,

Kyle McKinlay

Attached Files

Comment

Dana,

Thank you for your feedback.

I've resized the original image, and tried to sort the noise/sharpness issues, but I'm not sure otherwise. Would this stand a better chance at getting acepted?

Thank you for taking the time to help!

Kind regards,

Kyle McKinlay
                  Suffering from oversharpening/noise/compression.

Comment

Suffering from oversharpening/noise/compression.
                    Thank you for the feedback Dana. I doubt I'll be able to improve those, so likely one for the personal collection.

Could I please ask for some advice on these two images please? I've always found it difficult to obtain a correctly exposed image shot during sunrise/sunset. Either, I have something that looks correctly exposed according to the luminsity histogram, but the highlights look blown, or I have something that looks more natural, but my luminosity histogram is left with a gap on the right hand side. Do you have any tips for photos shot during this time please?

Thank you for the advice!

Kind regards,

Kyle McKinlay

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the feedback Dana. I doubt I'll be able to improve those, so likely one for the personal collection.

Could I please ask for some advice on these two images please? I've always found it difficult to obtain a correctly exposed image shot during sunrise/sunset. Either, I have something that looks correctly exposed according to the luminsity histogram, but the highlights look blown, or I have something that looks more natural, but my luminosity histogram is left with a gap on the right hand side. Do you have any tips for photos shot during this time please?

Thank you for the advice!

Kind regards,

Kyle McKinlay
                      Both a touch bright but should be easy to adjust.

Comment

Both a touch bright but should be easy to adjust.
                        Thank you for the feedback again! Hopefully these show the necessary improvement? I've also added a screenshot of the luminosity histogram for reference to what I'd previously mentioned. Normall, I'd try to close the gap on the right hand side via a levels adjustment. Do you have any advice for this for sunrise/sunset photos, as this proves to be a little tricker please?

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

Kyle McKinlay

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the feedback again! Hopefully these show the necessary improvement? I've also added a screenshot of the luminosity histogram for reference to what I'd previously mentioned. Normall, I'd try to close the gap on the right hand side via a levels adjustment. Do you have any advice for this for sunrise/sunset photos, as this proves to be a little tricker please?

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

Kyle McKinlay
                          Both look much better now.
                          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Hello!

Could I please have some advice on this image please? I'd adjusted the levels and curves as normal, though after resizing and sharpening, there appears to be a few areas where the levels clip slightly. In terms of exposure, would this be allowed if the overall image is still balanced?

Thank you for the help!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello!

Could I please have some advice on this image please? I'd adjusted the levels and curves as normal, though after resizing and sharpening, there appears to be a few areas where the levels clip slightly. In terms of exposure, would this be allowed if the overall image is still balanced?

Thank you for the help!
                              Indeed borderline overexposed, but acceptable for me.

Comment

• Thank you, Dana!

Comment

Working...
                                X