X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KyleMcKinlay
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Contrast very weak; if you're finding banding in the sky where there are fine gradations between colours, I find saving the raw file as a 16-bit uncompressed tif and editing that before converting to 8-bit jpeg as the final step usually eliminates it.
    Thank you for the advice dlowwa! I shall keep that in mind. The sky isn't often very blue in Scotland, so I doubt it'll be an issue I have to bother with frequently I've dropped the blacks down on this image, perhaps there is an improvement? I wouldn't want to over darken the sky, but curious as to how you think this looks please?

Thank you
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by KyleMcKinlay View Post
    Hello,

Could I please ask for some advice with this photo, particularly in regards to the slight banding in the sky please? I'm not sure how noticable it is, and if so, how best to fix it. I've had methods that have worked in the past, though they don't seem to be fixing this one.
    Contrast very weak; if you're finding banding in the sky where there are fine gradations between colours, I find saving the raw file as a 16-bit uncompressed tif and editing that before converting to 8-bit jpeg as the final step usually eliminates it.

Leave a comment:

• KyleMcKinlay
    replied
    Hello,

Could I please ask for some advice with this photo, particularly in regards to the slight banding in the sky please? I'm not sure how noticable it is, and if so, how best to fix it. I've had methods that have worked in the past, though they don't seem to be fixing this one.

Thank you!

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• KyleMcKinlay
    replied
    That's helpful. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

That's a pity. Thank you for your opinion. For future reference, is the effect of glare mostly where the aircraft silhouette is not fully black, but rather lighter towards the nose?

Thanks again!
    Silhouettes generally work better when the sun is lower in the sky so the light is less harsh (more atmosphere blocking the light). Position of the aircraft itself to the sun doesn't matter as much.

Leave a comment:

• KyleMcKinlay
    replied

Don't think there's a significant difference between the two.
    That's a pity. Thank you for your opinion. For future reference, is the effect of glare mostly where the aircraft silhouette is not fully black, but rather lighter towards the nose?

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Thank you for the feedback. Is there any chance for an earlier frame, where this is isn't as strong?

Thanks again!
    Don't think there's a significant difference between the two.

Leave a comment:

• KyleMcKinlay
    replied

Would likely be an overexposed rejection, regardless of whether the histogram technically shows it as such or not. Sun/glare too distracting.
    Thank you for the feedback. Is there any chance for an earlier frame, where this is isn't as strong?

Thanks again!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thank you for the previous feedback!

Could I ask for a little guidance on silhouettes please? I've adjusted the levels such that there's no major clipping of the whites in the sun. The main thing I'm a little unsure of is the brighter section of the aircraft at the nose and if this should be should be the same tone as the rest of the aircraft.

Thank you again!
    Would likely be an overexposed rejection, regardless of whether the histogram technically shows it as such or not. Sun/glare too distracting.

Leave a comment:

• KyleMcKinlay
    replied
    Thank you for the previous feedback!

Could I ask for a little guidance on silhouettes please? I've adjusted the levels such that there's no major clipping of the whites in the sun. The main thing I'm a little unsure of is the brighter section of the aircraft at the nose and if this should be should be the same tone as the rest of the aircraft.

Thank you again!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Could I ask for feedback on this one please? The colours seemed a little off at first.

Thank you!
    Color seems fine. Borderline heat hazed.

Leave a comment:

• KyleMcKinlay
    replied
    Could I ask for feedback on this one please? The colours seemed a little off at first.

Thank you!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• KyleMcKinlay
    replied

Borderline oversharpened
    Thank you for the feedback, I’ll reduce the sharpening on it.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi, can I ask how this one would do please? Thank you!
    Borderline oversharpened

Leave a comment:

• KyleMcKinlay
    replied
    Hi, can I ask how this one would do please? Thank you!

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X