Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pawelm View Post
    Hi,

Will this kind of obstruction be a reason for rejection? The ladder is somewhat part of the scene, as the engine is under maintanence.

thanks
    On the engine, not necessarily. On the nose gear? Yes.

Comment

• Hi guys,

Does anyone have an idea what this big dark round "spot" might be? As far as I can tell it is only shows on the wide end, and it's visible with or without lens correction in ACR or LR. Might it be a lens fault? Apart from that, lens works flawlessly. Or might it be some screwup in PS2021 algorythms? I've never noticed that spot until today, and I upgraded PS last week.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.
      Thanks

p.s. It's also visible here, in the check for dust window.
      JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys,

Does anyone have an idea what this big dark round "spot" might be? As far as I can tell it is only shows on the wide end, and it's visible with or without lens correction in ACR or LR. Might it be a lens fault? Apart from that, lens works flawlessly. Or might it be some screwup in PS2021 algorythms? I've never noticed that spot until today, and I upgraded PS last week.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.
        Thanks

p.s. It's also visible here, in the check for dust window.
        https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8562793
        Hi,

probably a huge dust spot or something similar?
        But tbh this is nothing i would reject for - especially as it is not (or hardly) visible unequalized here.

Stay safe!
        Best Regards from Germany,
        Julian S.​

Comment

• Originally posted by pawelm
          Thanks Julian. It appeared that the spot was caused by a dust lump, not on the sensor, but on the last element of the lens, the one closest to the sensor, and it was casting shadow on the sensor itself. It was the first time I came across something like that. Anyway, problem solved

I also have a question on behalf of a fellow spotter. He'd like to re-upload the following shot. It was previously rejected, among other reasons, for foreground clutter. But, in this particular situation is the obstruction a valid reason for rejection? Cirrus had a tire blowout on the runway, and what we can see is sort of rescue operation, and the men causing obstruction are part of the scene.

thanks
          Yes, obstruction and motive for the identifiable face(s).

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Yes, obstruction and motive for the identifiable face(s).
            Ok, thanks

Comment

• Hi guys,

Is this one acceptable? As always, when something interesting arrives, light conditions weren't perfect.

thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys,

Is this one acceptable? As always, when something interesting arrives, light conditions weren't perfect.

thanks
                Indeed light was not great; pretty good chance of a dark/contrast rejection.

Comment

• Hi,

Could anyone from the crew tell me what should I put as a cn here?? According to https://www.spottingmode.com/opad/fl..._chinook/1000/ it should be M.8709, but apparently it's wrong. On some Chinooks in the db cn has the dot between M and number, on others therre isn't. Is that the case?
                  Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

Can anyone from the crew check which cn did I put in here? According to https://www.spottingmode.com/opad/fl..._chinook/1000/ it should be M.8709. Did I make a type-o?
                    Thanks.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=8626144
                    You entered: M.8709 (with a space before the serial). Such data entry errors will cause corruptions in the DB and are rejected as such.

Comment

• Oh boy thanks!

It's back in the queue.

Comment

• Hi guys,

Is any of these shots acceptable?

thanks
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys,

Is any of these shots acceptable?

thanks
                          Both look acceptable
                          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Thanks Geri,
                            One more question, will the second shot be considered similar to this one? Different conditions, diffferent angle, but it's still same side of the heli.
                            13-08443. Boeing CH-47F Chinook. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks

Comment

Thanks Geri,
                              One more question, will the second shot be considered similar to this one? Different conditions, diffferent angle, but it's still same side of the heli.
                              13-08443. Boeing CH-47F Chinook. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks
                              Same day? If not, should be ok. If yes, still might be different enough to not be considered similar, but will be a more borderline decision.

Comment

• It's different day. Thanks for help! photo in the queue

Comment

Working...
                                X