Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wkd001- Editing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by wkd001 View Post

    I uploaded a reworked version with improved contrast imho. I'll see what happen.

    I would like prescreen/advice on the following pictures.
    1. blown out towards the nose, but otherwise of for me.
    2. oversharpened
    color should be ok for both of these.

    3. dark

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

      1. blown out towards the nose, but otherwise of for me.
      2. oversharpened
      color should be ok for both of these.

      3. dark
      OK Thanks Dana,

      I reworked #2. How is the sharpening now Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9852-2-2.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	456.0 KB
ID:	1076597

      I also would like prescreen/advice on these two images,
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0235.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	494.4 KB
ID:	1076598 Biggest worries here are sharpness, horizon and contrast (It's a heavy crop)

      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0110-2.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	367.7 KB
ID:	1076599 Biggest worry for me here is the big pink/purple line over the aircraft. It was already on the RAW file at some of the shots.Also with other aircraft I can't correct it properly with white balance and color tint.

      Thanks in advance.

      Best Regards.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by wkd001 View Post

        OK Thanks Dana,

        I reworked #2. How is the sharpening now Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9852-2-2.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	456.0 KB
ID:	1076597

        I also would like prescreen/advice on these two images,
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0235.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	494.4 KB
ID:	1076598 Biggest worries here are sharpness, horizon and contrast (It's a heavy crop)

        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0110-2.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	367.7 KB
ID:	1076599 Biggest worry for me here is the big pink/purple line over the aircraft. It was already on the RAW file at some of the shots.Also with other aircraft I can't correct it properly with white balance and color tint.

        Thanks in advance.

        Best Regards.
        First still shows some softness on the left side/tail area. Second borderline soft, third ok for me.

        Comment


        • OK Thanks Dana,

          I queued #2 (after correction and resizing and #3.

          I would like pre-screening/advice on the following mages.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0369-2.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	415.1 KB
ID:	1077179 Biggest worries on this are color and sharpness.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0405.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	405.2 KB
ID:	1077180 Biggest worries on this one are the colors and the sharpening (especially around the windows).
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0414.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	371.7 KB
ID:	1077181 Personally I think it's too soft.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0448-3.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	653.8 KB
ID:	1077182 Biggest worry for me here is the color.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0551-2.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	381.3 KB
ID:	1077183 Biggest worries here are the glare, contrast and the sharpening.

          Thanks in advance.

          Best regards.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
            OK Thanks Dana,

            I queued #2 (after correction and resizing and #3.

            I would like pre-screening/advice on the following mages.
            Thanks in advance.
            1-4 borderline soft
            5. soft, contrast, horizon, obstruction

            Comment


            • Thanks Dana.

              I took another snap from #5 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0553-2.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	1077565
              How does this one go?
              Curious if the sharpening and the horizon are better, but what's the way to go with the contrast here?

              Thanks in advance.

              Best Regards.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
                Thanks Dana.

                I took another snap from #5 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0553-2.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	1077565
                How does this one go?
                Curious if the sharpening and the horizon are better, but what's the way to go with the contrast here?

                Thanks in advance.

                Best Regards.
                Almost certainly a contrast rejection; the angle of the light leaves the shadows very washed out while at the same time creating a harsh glare elsewhere.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                  Almost certainly a contrast rejection; the angle of the light leaves the shadows very washed out while at the same time creating a harsh glare elsewhere.
                  OK Dana,

                  So if I read your words correctly ,this is just a no go.
                  Because I think, correcting shadows and reduce glare/exposure would bring halos and maybe other stuff in.
                  Just for my understanding.

                  Thanks in advance.

                  Best Regards.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by wkd001 View Post

                    OK Dana,

                    So if I read your words correctly ,this is just a no go.
                    Because I think, correcting shadows and reduce glare/exposure would bring halos and maybe other stuff in.
                    Just for my understanding.
                    Yeah, not sure this one is fixable if you're looking to get it accepted.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                      Yeah, not sure this one is fixable if you're looking to get it accepted.
                      OK Dana,

                      I'll keep it personal.

                      I would like a pre-screen on this image.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0989-2.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	457.0 KB
ID:	1078820 Taken in very challenging conditions. In a shower with the low sun breaking through. Biggest woriies are contrast, sharpening, exposure, and white balance/color.
                      If there is more.I would like to know as well.

                      Thanks in Advance.

                      Best Regards.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by wkd001 View Post

                        OK Dana,

                        I'll keep it personal.

                        I would like a pre-screen on this image.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0989-2.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	457.0 KB
ID:	1078820 Taken in very challenging conditions. In a shower with the low sun breaking through. Biggest woriies are contrast, sharpening, exposure, and white balance/color.
                        If there is more.I would like to know as well.

                        Thanks in Advance.

                        Best Regards.
                        Looks OK here.
                        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post

                          Looks OK here.
                          Thanks a lot Geri,

                          I'll give it a try.

                          I would like pre-screen/advice on these photos. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0725.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	372.8 KB
ID:	1079295 Biggest worries here are sharpness and exposure/glare.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0737.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	371.8 KB
ID:	1079296 Biggest worry here is contrast.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0756.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	351.5 KB
ID:	1079297 Biggest worries here are sharpness and exposure.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0946-2.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	450.8 KB
ID:	1079298 Biggest worry here is contrast (of course)

                          If there is anything different, I would like to know as well.

                          Thanks in Advance.

                          Best Regards.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by wkd001 View Post

                            Thanks a lot Geri,

                            I'll give it a try.

                            I would like pre-screen/advice on these photos. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0725.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	372.8 KB
ID:	1079295 Biggest worries here are sharpness and exposure/glare.

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0737.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	371.8 KB
ID:	1079296 Biggest worry here is contrast.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0756.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	351.5 KB
ID:	1079297 Biggest worries here are sharpness and exposure.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0946-2.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	450.8 KB
ID:	1079298 Biggest worry here is contrast (of course)

                            If there is anything different, I would like to know as well.

                            Thanks in Advance.

                            Best Regards.
                            1. borderline soft
                            2. borderline dark/contrast
                            3. soft
                            4. dark/contrast

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X