Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wkd001- Editing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by wkd001 View Post

    OK Dana,

    I already expected something like this (only needed a sort od confirmation of thoughts tbh) so I won't upload. It can serve other targets.
    Unfortunately we don't have a lot of great weather at AMS lately. Average is one good day around two weeks
    Last saturday we had sunny periods, so I went out also (image above was from today), but ran into another issue.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1661.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	737.5 KB
ID:	1083824 I caught this particar aircraft during her take-off, but caught it also at LHR in 2017. https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8695733
    As the angle is quite similar I'm afraid for a similar reject, if I decide to upload.
    Could you (or someone els ofcourse) help me out on this.

    Thanks in advance.

    Best regards.
    Different enough angle, and different location so shouldn't be considered similar.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

      Different enough angle, and different location so shouldn't be considered similar.
      Thanks Dana I''ll give it a go,

      Could you (or someone else ofcourse) give a presceen on these photos?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2019.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	342.5 KB
ID:	1084883 Biggest worry for me here is the centering. Also contrast (harsh) and sharpening could be points.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1964.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	369.6 KB
ID:	1084884 Biggest worries are contrast(low, hopefully borderline) and sharpness.

      Thanks in advance.

      Best regards.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by wkd001 View Post

        Thanks Dana I''ll give it a go,

        Could you (or someone else ofcourse) give a presceen on these photos?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2019.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	342.5 KB
ID:	1084883 Biggest worry for me here is the centering. Also contrast (harsh) and sharpening could be points.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1964.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	369.6 KB
ID:	1084884 Biggest worries are contrast(low, hopefully borderline) and sharpness.

        Thanks in advance.

        Best regards.
        1. dark, soft
        2. dark/contrast

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

          1. dark, soft
          2. dark/contrast
          OK Thanks Dana,

          I've tried to rework the SAS. Exposure should be better, added more shrpening and reduced the final size of the jpg.
          I would be nice if you (or omeone else ofcourse) could shine a light over it.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2019-2.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	329.6 KB
ID:	1085068
          Thanks in advance.

          Best Regards.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by wkd001 View Post

            OK Thanks Dana,

            I've tried to rework the SAS. Exposure should be better, added more shrpening and reduced the final size of the jpg.
            I would be nice if you (or omeone else ofcourse) could shine a light over it.
            Still too dark.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

              Still too dark.
              OK Dana,

              The only thing i can do in this case in my opinion is to lift up the shadows further in my opinion.
              Added more exposure as such will lead to blown out highlights and also contrast/overprocessing issues in my opinion

              Do I see this right or is it maybe even a lost case here.

              Thanks in advance for an answer.

              Best Regards.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by wkd001 View Post

                OK Dana,

                The only thing i can do in this case in my opinion is to lift up the shadows further in my opinion.
                Added more exposure as such will lead to blown out highlights and also contrast/overprocessing issues in my opinion

                Do I see this right or is it maybe even a lost case here.

                Thanks in advance for an answer.

                Best Regards.
                Overall the whole image is quite dark, but unfortunately the angle is such there is glare on the tail that would like be blown out if you properly exposed the rest of the image. Try to find a frame without the glare.

                Comment

                Working...
                X