Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wkd001- Editing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello

    I've received this reject https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8393830 and i don't really agree on this one

    Oversharpen, I can imagine, seeing some jaggies, but don't think it ain't that bad IMO.
    Heat haze I don't understand ,as there is no haze affecting the main subject.
    For surance I did an littlle unsharp en resized , ending in this.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5652-2.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	505.7 KB
ID:	1098476 Don't know if it's any better so if necessary a prescreen would be appreciated

    Regarding this reject https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8399091

    Don't know which way to go with it as i could imagine it's too green, too purple, and also totally oversaturated or even too harsh contrast
    So any guidance would be appreciated here.

    Thanks in Advance

    Comment


    • Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
      I've received this reject https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8393830 and i don't really agree on this one

      Oversharpen, I can imagine, seeing some jaggies, but don't think it ain't that bad IMO.
      Heat haze I don't understand ,as there is no haze affecting the main subject.
      It's noticeable on the titles especially.


      Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
      For surance I did an littlle unsharp en resized , ending in this.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5652-2.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	505.7 KB
ID:	1098476 Don't know if it's any better so if necessary a prescreen would be appreciated
      Better, and the lower resolution helps hide it as well.

      Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
      Regarding this reject https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8399091

      Don't know which way to go with it as i could imagine it's too green, too purple, and also totally oversaturated or even too harsh contrast
      So any guidance would be appreciated here.
      Oversaturated.. the clouds look quite pink/red.

      Comment


      • Hello,

        To my surprise i've found some old RAW-files from a visit to CDG some years ago.
        I've re-edited them an would like to know if they have any chance for acceptance here.
        So a prescreen would be nice here.
        Note : they were taken with my old camera and lens

        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9580.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	307.1 KB
ID:	1099982Biggest concerns are the glare, color and maybe contrast and softness,
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9582.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	343.1 KB
ID:	1099983
        Here are glare and softness my biggest concerns,
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9872.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	366.5 KB
ID:	1099984
        Biggest concerns here are softness, contrast, exposure and backlit. (early morning arrival).Personally I think a no-go.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9891.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	599.9 KB
ID:	1099985 Only a small concern of contrast and softness,

        Thanks in advance.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
          Hello,

          To my surprise i've found some old RAW-files from a visit to CDG some years ago.
          I've re-edited them an would like to know if they have any chance for acceptance here.
          So a prescreen would be nice here.
          Note : they were taken with my old camera and lens

          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9580.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	307.1 KB
ID:	1099982Biggest concerns are the glare, color and maybe contrast and softness,
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9582.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	343.1 KB
ID:	1099983
          Here are glare and softness my biggest concerns,
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9872.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	366.5 KB
ID:	1099984
          Biggest concerns here are softness, contrast, exposure and backlit. (early morning arrival).Personally I think a no-go.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9891.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	599.9 KB
ID:	1099985 Only a small concern of contrast and softness,

          Thanks in advance.
          1. soft
          2. soft/blurry
          3. contrast. not fixable.
          4. borderline soft

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

            1. soft
            2. soft/blurry
            3. contrast. not fixable.
            4. borderline soft
            OK thanks a lot Dana,

            I re-edited #!1 from this post Is it any better? a second thought would be appreciated
            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9580-2-2.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	1100749

            I would also like a prescreen on two other images

            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6888-2.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	304.9 KB
ID:	1100750 Personally I think it's too soft, also caused by conditions and maybe the color is not good.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7317.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	527.8 KB
ID:	1100751 Diffuse sunlight here. borderline or just an ordinary contrast reject here? Maybe sharpness and color are also not good.

            If had missed any relevant stuff here for making it acceptable for JP i would like to know as well.

            Thanks in advance.

            Best Regards.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by wkd001 View Post

              OK thanks a lot Dana,

              I re-edited #!1 from this post Is it any better? a second thought would be appreciated
              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9580-2-2.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	1100749

              I would also like a prescreen on two other images

              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6888-2.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	304.9 KB
ID:	1100750 Personally I think it's too soft, also caused by conditions and maybe the color is not good.

              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7317.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	527.8 KB
ID:	1100751 Diffuse sunlight here. borderline or just an ordinary contrast reject here? Maybe sharpness and color are also not good.

              If had missed any relevant stuff here for making it acceptable for JP i would like to know as well.

              Thanks in advance.

              Best Regards.
              1. still soft areas (towards the edges)
              2. overprocessed, borderline soft/contrast
              3. very borderline contrast

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                1. still soft areas (towards the edges)
                2. overprocessed, borderline soft/contrast
                3. very borderline contrast
                OK Thanks Dana,

                Remaining with two questions at the moment.
                1:Made a re-edit of the second one from the previous post.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6888-2-2.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	288.5 KB
ID:	1100796 The light conditions were tough. Sun on the aircraft with a heavy rainshower coming in. As also with my first edit, I didn't touch shadows, clarity and highlights here. So curious where the overprocessed could occur. maybe adding too much contrast??? D-Lightning I switched off a long time ago already. Does it have any chance though. Two other snaps of this aircraft have no chance, one too much glare, other too soft original.
                i
                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6869-2.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	357.0 KB
ID:	1100797Is this one too similar compared with this one? https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9475797. Knowing It's the same side of the aircraft but rotation and sky are different enough I think?
                Don't get a clear answer out of the guidelines here.

                Thanks in advance.


                Comment


                • Originally posted by wkd001 View Post

                  OK Thanks Dana,

                  Remaining with two questions at the moment.
                  1:Made a re-edit of the second one from the previous post.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6888-2-2.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	288.5 KB
ID:	1100796 The light conditions were tough. Sun on the aircraft with a heavy rainshower coming in. As also with my first edit, I didn't touch shadows, clarity and highlights here. So curious where the overprocessed could occur. maybe adding too much contrast??? D-Lightning I switched off a long time ago already. Does it have any chance though. Two other snaps of this aircraft have no chance, one too much glare, other too soft original.
                  i
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6869-2.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	357.0 KB
ID:	1100797Is this one too similar compared with this one? https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9475797. Knowing It's the same side of the aircraft but rotation and sky are different enough I think?
                  Don't get a clear answer out of the guidelines here.

                  Thanks in advance.

                  1. still think chances are pretty decent for a contrast rejection (whites a bit more grey than white), and maybe soft
                  2. yes, similar

                  Comment


                  • Hello everyone.

                    Got this one rejected https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8533623 . I can deal with this one because I do have another snap of this one with at least better sharpness.
                    I would like a prescreen on this one anyway.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7068-3.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	372.9 KB
ID:	1101336 Problem at least on this one is that the aircraft was cut off already on the RAW-file at the left wing and left stabilizer. Is it possible to get something acceptable out of this? should I crop tighter or completely forget on this one?

                    I would also like a prescreen on this one.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7835.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	487.9 KB
ID:	1101337 Biggest worries are contrast,exposure and shadows, Curious if the shados are not too dark and increasing exposure and/or contrast would blow out the highlights on especially the nose.

                    Thanks in advance and regards.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
                      Hello everyone.

                      Got this one rejected https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8533623 . I can deal with this one because I do have another snap of this one with at least better sharpness.
                      I would like a prescreen on this one anyway.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7068-3.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	372.9 KB
ID:	1101336 Problem at least on this one is that the aircraft was cut off already on the RAW-file at the left wing and left stabilizer. Is it possible to get something acceptable out of this? should I crop tighter or completely forget on this one?

                      I would also like a prescreen on this one.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7835.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	487.9 KB
ID:	1101337 Biggest worries are contrast,exposure and shadows, Curious if the shados are not too dark and increasing exposure and/or contrast would blow out the highlights on especially the nose.

                      Thanks in advance and regards.
                      1. borderline soft, and cut off - some won't like the crop on the left side.
                      2. also a bit soft but would otherwise be acceptable for me.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                        1. borderline soft, and cut off - some won't like the crop on the left side.
                        2. also a bit soft but would otherwise be acceptable for me.
                        OK thanks anyway Dana,

                        I've queued an improved version of the EY 787-10
                        I keep struggling with the KL 787-10. I do have another snap of it but also with cutted of left wingtip on the RAW-file. I made another edit of that one, but also not sure about the quality of that one. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7069.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	362.2 KB
ID:	1101553 Another pre-screen of at least the crop, sharpness and exposure would be appreciated. I took a little from the right wing to look it a litlle more balanced in my eyes

                        Second question is about this reject I received for horizon unlevel https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8541902
                        First idea for me is it needs a litlle CW but when I do that a pole and house in the back would fall to the right side and I think that's not the intention

                        Any guidance would be appreciated

                        Thanks in advance

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by wkd001 View Post

                          OK thanks anyway Dana,

                          I've queued an improved version of the EY 787-10
                          I keep struggling with the KL 787-10. I do have another snap of it but also with cutted of left wingtip on the RAW-file. I made another edit of that one, but also not sure about the quality of that one. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7069.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	362.2 KB
ID:	1101553 Another pre-screen of at least the crop, sharpness and exposure would be appreciated. I took a little from the right wing to look it a litlle more balanced in my eyes

                          Second question is about this reject I received for horizon unlevel https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8541902
                          First idea for me is it needs a litlle CW but when I do that a pole and house in the back would fall to the right side and I think that's not the intention

                          Any guidance would be appreciated

                          Thanks in advance
                          1. borderline soft, and pretty good chance for a cut off rejection as well
                          2. looks like it needs some CW indeed

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                            1. borderline soft, and pretty good chance for a cut off rejection as well
                            2. looks like it needs some CW indeed
                            Thanks Dana,

                            I've reworked the second one and wil queue it in on of the upcoming days,

                            Today i've received this reject https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8555108 and I'm confused about it.
                            The centering is okay in my eyes even with using the center tool at this page and the sharpening should at least be acceptable
                            Horizon is tricky but in my eyes the verticals in are straight enough.The aircraft seeming to be running a bit looking up is distracting in my opinion
                            I am considering an appeal, but want to know if it''s justified and if otherwise any other clearance about the mentioned facts could be given.

                            Thanks in advance

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by wkd001 View Post

                              Thanks Dana,

                              I've reworked the second one and wil queue it in on of the upcoming days,

                              Today i've received this reject https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8555108 and I'm confused about it.
                              The centering is okay in my eyes even with using the center tool at this page and the sharpening should at least be acceptable
                              Horizon is tricky but in my eyes the verticals in are straight enough.The aircraft seeming to be running a bit looking up is distracting in my opinion
                              I am considering an appeal, but want to know if it''s justified and if otherwise any other clearance about the mentioned facts could be given.

                              Thanks in advance
                              Centering is fine, I would disregard that rejection reason. Horizon maybe it could use a touch of CCW rotation. I think I mentioned the softness issue to you before, so I think that's a reasonable reason for rejection.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                                Centering is fine, I would disregard that rejection reason. Horizon maybe it could use a touch of CCW rotation. I think I mentioned the softness issue to you before, so I think that's a reasonable reason for rejection.
                                Thanks Dana, you're right about the softness mentioned, but this was a re-edit with extra sharpness added and even a small resize, compared to the one I brought to this thread. But apparently I've done something wrong in the re-edit in at least sharpening. I will study, re-edit and come back here.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X