wkd001- Editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wkd001 View Post

Thanks Dana, you're right about the softness mentioned, but this was a re-edit with extra sharpness added and even a small resize, compared to the one I brought to this thread. But apparently I've done something wrong in the re-edit in at least sharpening. I will study, re-edit and come back here.
    After studying and re-editing, I really doubt it's fixable. On the RAW-file it seems good, but while editing, quality seems to get destroyed in my eyes.Not a that big crop, but still the fact is the fact.Took another snap out for editing of this one, but running into issues for around at least 60% of the aircraft. Especially running to back the quality is nood good for me, around windows and maybe even tail in looks soft or maybe even blurry.Could you (or someone else seeing this ofcourse) prescreen this version for me
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7836-2.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	362.4 KB
ID:	1102292

Besides this one, i would like a prescreen on two other images.

Name:	DSC_7825-3.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	356.5 KB
ID:	1102293
    Same story a bit as the EY. deleted a previous version out oof queue, due to softness thoughts, reworked and resized a bit coming this.
    Biggest concerns here are sharpness, horizon and contrast Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7036-2-2.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	444.8 KB
ID:	1102294Of course contrast here, but might have avoided that with setting the aircraft against the trees. Please note here, that the wing was cut-off already in the RAW-file, so I needed to compose to something like this. So also cut-off and exposure are potential issues for me here.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

After studying and re-editing, I really doubt it's fixable. On the RAW-file it seems good, but while editing, quality seems to get destroyed in my eyes.Not a that big crop, but still the fact is the fact.Took another snap out for editing of this one, but running into issues for around at least 60% of the aircraft. Especially running to back the quality is nood good for me, around windows and maybe even tail in looks soft or maybe even blurry.Could you (or someone else seeing this ofcourse) prescreen this version for me

Name:	DSC_7836-2.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	362.4 KB
ID:	1102292

Besides this one, i would like a prescreen on two other images.

Name:	DSC_7825-3.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	356.5 KB
ID:	1102293
      Same story a bit as the EY. deleted a previous version out oof queue, due to softness thoughts, reworked and resized a bit coming this.
      Biggest concerns here are sharpness, horizon and contrast Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7036-2-2.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	444.8 KB
ID:	1102294Of course contrast here, but might have avoided that with setting the aircraft against the trees. Please note here, that the wing was cut-off already in the RAW-file, so I needed to compose to something like this. So also cut-off and exposure are potential issues for me here.

Thanks in advance.
      1-2. soft
      3. borderline contrast/cut off

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1-2. soft
        3. borderline contrast/cut off
        Thanks a lot Dana, I'll try my luck with the third one. If it fails,so be it.

Now I would like a prescreen on these two images.

Name:	DSC_8083.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	332.0 KB
ID:	1102804 Biggest worry for me is the fact i think its too soft.

Name:	DSC_8284-2.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	311.5 KB
ID:	1102805
        Biggest worries here are also softness, especially to the front and if the colors and exposure are sufficient for late autumn light.

If there are thinks I've missed, I would likew to know as well.

Thanks in advance,

Comment

Thanks a lot Dana, I'll try my luck with the third one. If it fails,so be it.

Now I would like a prescreen on these two images.

Name:	DSC_8083.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	332.0 KB
ID:	1102804 Biggest worry for me is the fact i think its too soft.

Name:	DSC_8284-2.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	311.5 KB
ID:	1102805
          Biggest worries here are also softness, especially to the front and if the colors and exposure are sufficient for late autumn light.

If there are thinks I've missed, I would likew to know as well.

Thanks in advance,
          First one yes borderline for soft/blurry. Second definitely soft.

Comment

First one yes borderline for soft/blurry. Second definitely soft.
            OK thanks Dana,

I've tried the TAROM with some extra sharpening and resizing to the smallest size.(so NOT the one shown here)

Now I would like a prescreen on these two photos

Name:	DSC_8284-3-3.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	332.3 KB
ID:	1102935Again this one, Tried to rework the sharpening as the original looks good to me, but maybe I'm seeing it wrong. So my most important questiom is, if it's sharp enough right now,

Name:	DSC_8306.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	302.3 KB
ID:	1102936 One it the very last light of the day. A total prescreen on at least sharpness, exposure, centering and contrast would be appreciated here.

Thanks in advance

Comment

OK thanks Dana,

I've tried the TAROM with some extra sharpening and resizing to the smallest size.(so NOT the one shown here)

Now I would like a prescreen on these two photos

Name:	DSC_8284-3-3.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	332.3 KB
ID:	1102935Again this one, Tried to rework the sharpening as the original looks good to me, but maybe I'm seeing it wrong. So my most important questiom is, if it's sharp enough right now,

Name:	DSC_8306.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	302.3 KB
ID:	1102936 One it the very last light of the day. A total prescreen on at least sharpness, exposure, centering and contrast would be appreciated here.

Thanks in advance
              Both a bit soft towards the edges, especially the right side.

Comment

Both a bit soft towards the edges, especially the right side.
                Thanks about that Dana, I've tried my luck with an in (in my eyes) improved and resized version of the Ural.

I've had this reject recently https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8596771 but can't really figure out where the softness exactly is.
                Supposing the entire aircraft is too soft, but for some reason i don't see, so any guidance or explanation would be appreciated.
                For surance I've made this re-edit.

Name:	DSC_8293-3.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	251.1 KB
ID:	1103302
                But personally I don't think it's better, but an extra eye would be appreciated here.

i also would like a prescreen on this one.

Name:	DSC_5269.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	497.9 KB
ID:	1103303 There was sunlight, but bit weird conditions, Clouds came also in. Image from last summer. Curious if it will pass the contrast cut. Maybe exposure and sharpness could also come into play.

Thanks in Advance.

Comment

Thanks about that Dana, I've tried my luck with an in (in my eyes) improved and resized version of the Ural.

I've had this reject recently https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8596771 but can't really figure out where the softness exactly is.
                  Supposing the entire aircraft is too soft, but for some reason i don't see, so any guidance or explanation would be appreciated.
                  Whole thing is a bit soft, but more noticeable towards the nose. Updated one is a bit better.

Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
                  i also would like a prescreen on this one.
                  Soft and borderline dark/contrast.

Comment

Whole thing is a bit soft, but more noticeable towards the nose. Updated one is a bit better.

Soft and borderline dark/contrast.
                    OK Thanks Dana,

Would the revised Etihad still get rejected for softness? I can try to more improve around the nose, because I also thought that was the worst part.

I will forget the DHL, because colors and contrast are weird and don't think there is improvement possible on that.

Comment

OK Thanks Dana,

Would the revised Etihad still get rejected for softness?
                      Would be ok for me, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Would be ok for me, but that's just my opinion.
                        Thanks a lot Dana,

I've re-edited that one again and could add more sharpness, that re-edit got accepted finally.

Now I would like a prescreen on two photos

Name:	DSC_8516.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	487.3 KB
ID:	1103945 Main question if this one is sharp enough. It looks soft or even a little heat-hazed to me. Extra eye on contrast, exposure and horizon would also be appreciated

Name:	DSC_8742.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	1103946
                        A total prescreen would be nice here. Don't know if something like this is acceptable. Low sun shining through the clouds here (around 45 minutes before sunset.)
                        I've ried to stretch the histogram as far as possible, but unsure about at least, sharpness, exposure and total processing.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thanks a lot Dana,

I've re-edited that one again and could add more sharpness, that re-edit got accepted finally.

Now I would like a prescreen on two photos

Name:	DSC_8516.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	487.3 KB
ID:	1103945 Main question if this one is sharp enough. It looks soft or even a little heat-hazed to me. Extra eye on contrast, exposure and horizon would also be appreciated

Name:	DSC_8742.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	1103946
                          A total prescreen would be nice here. Don't know if something like this is acceptable. Low sun shining through the clouds here (around 45 minutes before sunset.)
                          I've ried to stretch the histogram as far as possible, but unsure about at least, sharpness, exposure and total processing.

Thanks in advance.
                          Both are a bit soft, but should be fixable. I think the second one works just fine and if you can get the sharpness right would be a nice shot.

Comment

Both are a bit soft, but should be fixable. I think the second one works just fine and if you can get the sharpness right would be a nice shot.
                            Thanks a lot about that Dana,

I've queued (in my eyes at least) improved photos from both.
                            Now I would like a prescreen on this one.

Name:	DSC_8746-2.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	349.8 KB
ID:	1104175
                            The colors were a little different, but I had to off-center the aircraft to include the entire sun here.
                            Is such kind of centering acceptable in this case and if so how is this one in terms of at least, contrast, color and processing?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thanks a lot about that Dana,

I've queued (in my eyes at least) improved photos from both.
                              Now I would like a prescreen on this one.

Name:	DSC_8746-2.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	349.8 KB
ID:	1104175
                              The colors were a little different, but I had to off-center the aircraft to include the entire sun here.
                              Is such kind of centering acceptable in this case and if so how is this one in terms of at least, contrast, color and processing?

Thanks in advance.
                              Soft, but otherwise works for me.

Comment

Soft, but otherwise works for me.
                                Thanks Dana,

An improved version got accpeted today luckily

Now I would like prescreen on two photos

Name:	DSC_8755-2.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	294.3 KB
ID:	1104778
                                Really don't know if something like this would work here. I could cut off the dark part of the clouds underneath here, but in my opinion, they add atmosphere right know, Also it's impossible to center the aircraft here properly in this composition. Alos an extra view on processing, contrast, and sharpness (have a lot of issues with that at the moment) would be appreciated here.

Name:	DSC_8770.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	1104779 Sun took her final gasp of light here before disappearing finally, She was just hitting the back of the aircraft here. Not possible to include here, but also an extra view on processing, exposure, contrast and sharpness would be appreciated here.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                                X