Thanks Dana,

An improved version got accpeted today luckily

Now I would like prescreen on two photos

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8755-2.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	294.3 KB
ID:	1104778
    Really don't know if something like this would work here. I could cut off the dark part of the clouds underneath here, but in my opinion, they add atmosphere right know, Also it's impossible to center the aircraft here properly in this composition. Alos an extra view on processing, contrast, and sharpness (have a lot of issues with that at the moment) would be appreciated here.

Name:	DSC_8770.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	1104779 Sun took her final gasp of light here before disappearing finally, She was just hitting the back of the aircraft here. Not possible to include here, but also an extra view on processing, exposure, contrast and sharpness would be appreciated here.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance!
    Both borderline soft/dark/contrast. Centering on first also borderline.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Both borderline soft/dark/contrast. Centering on first also borderline.
      OK Thanks Dana,

Regarding the contrast on the second one, is it too weak or too strong?
      Do have the possibility to add exposure and sharpness on that one. so curious what to do with contrast here?
      On other hand, adding too much exposure will blow out the sky in my opinion, so don't really know the exact way to go here

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
        Regarding the contrast on the second one, is it too weak or too strong?
        Too strong. Silhouette shots generally only work when the rest of the sky isn't blown out.

Comment

Too strong. Silhouette shots generally only work when the rest of the sky isn't blown out.
          OK Dana,

But how will I work the dark issue in this case out, while you're also mentioning it's too dark.
          Or is that also caused by too strong contrast?

Comment

OK Dana,

But how will I work the dark issue in this case out, while you're also mentioning it's too dark.
            Hope that you get better luck with the conditions or find a better angle next time you go out to get silhouette shots.

Comment

• Hello,

I would like a prescreen on these two photos

Name:	DSC_9016-2.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	527.1 KB
ID:	1106324 Biggest potential issues for me here are the most the probably weak contrast. Maybe sharpness ,horizon and exposure also.

Name:	DSC_9199.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	474.8 KB
ID:	1106325 Biggest issues for me here are the sharpness, horizon and the color. Please note here that this one was taken a half an hour before sunset and it was a day with sun, fog and a rainshower also passed some time before taking this shot.

If I might have missed something I would like to know as well.

Thanks in Advance!

Comment

Hello,

I would like a prescreen on these two photos

Name:	DSC_9016-2.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	527.1 KB
ID:	1106324 Biggest potential issues for me here are the most the probably weak contrast. Maybe sharpness ,horizon and exposure also.

Name:	DSC_9199.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	474.8 KB
ID:	1106325 Biggest issues for me here are the sharpness, horizon and the color. Please note here that this one was taken a half an hour before sunset and it was a day with sun, fog and a rainshower also passed some time before taking this shot.

If I might have missed something I would like to know as well.

Thanks in Advance!
                Second one a bit soft, otherwise ok for me.

Comment

Second one a bit soft, otherwise ok for me.
                  Thanks for that Dana,

Now I would like a prescreen on two other photos I'm unsure about

Name:	DSC_9333.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	515.4 KB
ID:	1106887 Biggest potential issue here for me is contrast (ofcourse). Maybe also sharpening and horizon,

Name:	DSC_9344-2.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	534.8 KB
ID:	1106888 Is a composition like this acceptable? if so are there any issues with at least sharpening and horizon? People are unrecognizable, so that shouldn't be an issue. I can just use the aircraft data right?. I think it's not an overview. It was taken next to a spotting location at AMS.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Thanks for that Dana,

Now I would like a prescreen on two other photos I'm unsure about

Name:	DSC_9333.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	515.4 KB
ID:	1106887 Biggest potential issue here for me is contrast (ofcourse). Maybe also sharpening and horizon,

Name:	DSC_9344-2.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	534.8 KB
ID:	1106888 Is a composition like this acceptable? if so are there any issues with at least sharpening and horizon? People are unrecognizable, so that shouldn't be an issue. I can just use the aircraft data right?. I think it's not an overview. It was taken next to a spotting location at AMS.

Thanks in advance
                    1. borderline soft
                    2. ok for me

Comment

1. borderline soft
                      2. ok for me
                      Thanks a lot Dana,

Reworked the first before uploading and I'm thankful both got accepted.

On the other hand,
                      This one got rejected yesterday https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8797842 for contrast and I don't know which way to go with exactly.
                      Could it be too much for harsh shadows or too weak for weak fuseelage/underexposure

Any guidance would be appreciated as I didn't get comments on the email on this one.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Comment

On the other hand,
                        This one got rejected yesterday https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8797842 for contrast and I don't know which way to go with exactly.
                        Could it be too much for harsh shadows or too weak for weak fuseelage/underexposure

Any guidance would be appreciated as I didn't get comments on the email on this one.

Thanks in advance!

Regards
                        Contrast is too strong.

Comment

Contrast is too strong.
                          Thanks Dana,

I've brightened up the shadows now. Is this any bette? Are there no overprocessing features visible right now?
                          Is there anything else I've missed now?
                          Thanks in advance.

Name:	DSC_9292-2-2.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	457.9 KB
ID:	1107602Regards

Comment

Thanks Dana,

I've brightened up the shadows now. Is this any bette? Are there no overprocessing features visible right now?
                            Is there anything else I've missed now?
                            Thanks in advance.

Name:	DSC_9292-2-2.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	457.9 KB
ID:	1107602Regards
                            Better, but still borderline.

Comment

Better, but still borderline.
                              Thank you Dana, luckily it got accepted.

Now I would like a prescreen on two photos Which I'm unsure about.

Name:	DSC_9555-2-2.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	502.6 KB
ID:	1109260 Biggest potential issues for me here are contrast, exposure/glare and also sharpening .Also I'm unsure if the bush is not too distracting. (it should not be obstructing the aircraft).

Name:	DSC_9673.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	364.1 KB
ID:	1109261 Biggst potential issue here is dark/contrast. Some gloomy late afternoon light on the back of the aircraft. The potential better angles(due to light) were even worse IMHO, so I selected this one

If there is anything I've missed I would like to know as well.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Comment

Thank you Dana, luckily it got accepted.

Now I would like a prescreen on two photos Which I'm unsure about.

Name:	DSC_9555-2-2.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	502.6 KB
ID:	1109260 Biggest potential issues for me here are contrast, exposure/glare and also sharpening .Also I'm unsure if the bush is not too distracting. (it should not be obstructing the aircraft).

Name:	DSC_9673.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	364.1 KB
ID:	1109261 Biggst potential issue here is dark/contrast. Some gloomy late afternoon light on the back of the aircraft. The potential better angles(due to light) were even worse IMHO, so I selected this one

If there is anything I've missed I would like to know as well.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
                                1. looks like branches might actually be over main gear, in which case yes obstruction. Contrast also a bit harsh.
                                2. borderline dark/contrast, yes; if I had to guess I would say probably a rejection.

Comment

Working...
                                X