Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Today I recieved this reject https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9547815 ,but I disagree on this one.
    Don;t see really the entire softness, all the hard lines are visible and I do not see the vignetting either.
    I'm aware of the dark corner in the RH bottom, which could point to vignetting, but the grass is not overall green alongside this runway and the weather was challenging that day, with several huge clouds passing by.
    Sharpness ok for me, but vignetting is noticeable.

Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
    I also would like a prescreen on this photo
    Would be rejected for dark/contrast.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Sharpness ok for me, but vignetting is noticeable.

Would be rejected for dark/contrast.
      Thanks for both Dana

I have to learn how to deal with vignetting apparently, because I made changes in my gear
      Final result was that I took another snap for that one for uploading and that one got accepted

Yesterday I got this reject for Dark/underexposed https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9612746
      The normal histogram says it is good only the RGB Histogram gives a huge spike to the left which is translated into the dark Main Landing gear/shadows.
      Don't really know which one is leading here. I made some changes to it
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3080-3.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	379.5 KB
ID:	1127068 I can't really brighten up the main landing gear here properly even I added some exposure here and lifted up the shadows also.
      To me the nose is here pointing to overexposure.now
      Would appreciate some guidance here.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Thanks for both Dana

I have to learn how to deal with vignetting apparently, because I made changes in my gear
        Final result was that I took another snap for that one for uploading and that one got accepted

Yesterday I got this reject for Dark/underexposed https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9612746
        The normal histogram says it is good only the RGB Histogram gives a huge spike to the left which is translated into the dark Main Landing gear/shadows.
        Don't really know which one is leading here. I made some changes to itI can't really brighten up the main landing gear here properly even I added some exposure here and lifted up the shadows also.
        To me the nose is here pointing to overexposure.now
        Would appreciate some guidance here.
        Rejected image was a touch dark, which was reinforced by the harsh contrast. The newer version looks fine to me.

Comment

Rejected image was a touch dark, which was reinforced by the harsh contrast. The newer version looks fine to me.
          Thanks a lot for that Dana, I've queued the revised version.

Now I would like a pre-screen for the following photos,

Name:	DSC_2137.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	393.6 KB
ID:	1127510
          This one came in with a bit sunlight in the fog.Biggest potential issues for me here are contrast, sharpness. processing and horizon.

Name:	DSC_2242.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	312.5 KB
ID:	1127511 Biggest potential issue for me here is especially contrast. Should I flag small prop and business jet here? Not really used to this kind of aircraft.

Name:	DSC_2500-2.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	571.1 KB
ID:	1127512Biggest potential issues for me here are sharpness, horizon, glare, compression and processing.

Name:	DSC_2503-2.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	543.9 KB
ID:	1127513 Same story as previous, but here the glare, sharpness and horizon especially.
          The last two were also taken with actually a wrong lens .So I would like to know if they are passable/fixable

If there is anything I've missed I would like to know as well.

Thanks in advance and regards.

If there is anything I've missed I would like to knw as well

Comment

Thanks a lot for that Dana, I've queued the revised version.

Now I would like a pre-screen for the following photos,
            1. contrast. not fixable.
            2. ok for me. not a jet, so not Business Jet/
            3-4. soft, need a little CW rotation

Comment

1. contrast. not fixable.
              2. ok for me. not a jet, so not Business Jet/
              3-4. soft, need a little CW rotation
              Thanks for that Dana,

I've queued the second, reworked, resized and queued the third also. If it fails so be it.

Yesterday I received this reject, https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9664244 for probably dust spot(s)but I got a question about it.
              https://www.jetphotos.com/members/sh...1637231698.jpg shows a black spot on top near the center of the frame, but I can't really figure about what it really is. It's not visible in the equalizer of my lightroom and not on the edited version for me also.
              The previous reject i had for Dust spots was really clear for me. ( was an Easyjet in Brussels). I did wrong correcting them
              Unfortunately I can't attach the RAW-file here.
              So I would like a more explanation here. Maybe I miss something deeply.

Second question is a request of prescreen for this image.

Name:	DSC_2604.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	594.2 KB
ID:	1128108 The entire aircraft was not included in the RAW-file .So I would like to know if this crop is suitable for a narrowbody. It looks a bit odd now to me. If there is anything else here, I would like to know as well.

Thanks in Advance and Regards

Comment

Thanks for that Dana,

I've queued the second, reworked, resized and queued the third also. If it fails so be it.

Yesterday I received this reject, https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9664244 for probably dust spot(s)but I got a question about it.
                https://www.jetphotos.com/members/sh...1637231698.jpg shows a black spot on top near the center of the frame, but I can't really figure about what it really is. It's not visible in the equalizer of my lightroom and not on the edited version for me also.
                The previous reject i had for Dust spots was really clear for me. ( was an Easyjet in Brussels). I did wrong correcting them
                Unfortunately I can't attach the RAW-file here.
                So I would like a more explanation here. Maybe I miss something deeply.

Second question is a request of prescreen for this image.

Name:	DSC_2604.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	594.2 KB
ID:	1128108 The entire aircraft was not included in the RAW-file .So I would like to know if this crop is suitable for a narrowbody. It looks a bit odd now to me. If there is anything else here, I would like to know as well.

Thanks in Advance and Regards
                1. yes big dust spot in top part of frame.
                2. crop is ok for me.

Comment

1. yes big dust spot in top part of frame.
                  2. crop is ok for me.
                  Thank you for that Dana.

Still confused about that spot, as it not appeared on other phots from the same day ,with same camera and around that time of the day with similar conditions.
                  Anyway I've rworked and tried to fix it, but as I'm still unsure on this one, I would like to offer it for prescreen here.

Name:	DSC_3090-2.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	407.8 KB
ID:	1128341 Biggest potential issue here is dust/processing now. Maybe also exposure.

I would also like to offer another one for prescreen.

Name:	DSC_2460.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	507.7 KB
ID:	1128342Biggest potential issues here are also dust/dirty sky/ processing (lot of garbage in original file) alos exposure, sharpness and contrast here.

Thanks in advance and regards

Comment

Thank you for that Dana.

Still confused about that spot, as it not appeared on other phots from the same day ,with same camera and around that time of the day with similar conditions.
                    Anyway I've rworked and tried to fix it, but as I'm still unsure on this one, I would like to offer it for prescreen here.
                    Biggest potential issue here is dust/processing now. Maybe also exposure.

I would also like to offer another one for prescreen.
                    Biggest potential issues here are also dust/dirty sky/ processing (lot of garbage in original file) alos exposure, sharpness and contrast here.
                    Both a bit dark/harsh contrast, but otherwise ok for me.

Comment

• Hello

At first all the best for 2022 for everyone reading and following this thread.

At second.
                      I've received this reject lately https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9756072 for horizon unlevel.
                      As I really don't see this issue here and no further explanation was given in the mail, I would like some guidance here as there is no clear horizon visible imho.
                      So any guidance would be appreciated here.

Thanks in Advance and regards.

Comment

Hello

At second.
                        I've received this reject lately https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9756072 for horizon unlevel.
                        As I really don't see this issue here and no further explanation was given in the mail, I would like some guidance here as there is no clear horizon visible imho.

Hello, I'm not a crew.
                        I suggest to horizon it with the long horizontal line of the brown grass
                        Happy New Year 2022

Comment

Hello

At second.

I don't see anything that tells me it is unlevel (or level for that matter), so would have been ok for me.

Comment

I don't see anything that tells me it is unlevel (or level for that matter), so would have been ok for me.
                            Thank you for your thoughts Dana,

I've decided to appeal and the appeal got accepted.

Unfortunately I've received another reject today, which I do not reeally agree with.
                            This one got rejected for underexposed. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9813502
                            The histogram here on the reject page is fully stretched.
                            Maybe I could add a very tiny touch of exposure, but the highlights on the back of the aircraft and on the buildings are for me pretty close to being blown out.

Comment

Thank you for your thoughts Dana,

I've decided to appeal and the appeal got accepted.

Unfortunately I've received another reject today, which I do not reeally agree with.
                              This one got rejected for underexposed. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9813502
                              The histogram here on the reject page is fully stretched.
                              Maybe I could add a very tiny touch of exposure, but the highlights on the back of the aircraft and on the buildings are for me pretty close to being blown out.

Exposure is ok, but contrast is a bit harsh. That's what the screener probably saw.

Comment

Exposure is ok, but contrast is a bit harsh. That's what the screener probably saw.
                                OK, thanks Dana.
                                But is it too harsh for reject here?
                                The conditions were also very contrasty here, with dark clouds and strong sun sometimes.
                                So I could maybe reduce the contrast here,but for sure I would have to blow out the highlights in that case.
                                Sorry for maybe annoying here, but please let the screeners be very specific in this kind of cases, as this is not the first time, this happens.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X