• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1-2. borderline soft
    3. ok for me
    4-5. soft
    Thanks a lot for all Dana. The Delta and the helicopter got accepted.

Recently I've got some softness rejects where I would like some clarifications on. Also for my own understanding As I still don't seem to get this right
    At firsthttps://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10118003 .I see the left side being soft but the right side being acceptable in my eyes .
    Could this be rejected for the left side or is this overall softness?

At second https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10121178. This one I don't really understand as i see the most of the hard lines here,
    and I have several other photos from this spot and point accepted from this day.Or maybe I'm just missing the point here.

Also I would like a prescreen on three photos Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5939-3.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	748.8 KB
ID:	1137275
    Main concerns here are especially crop and softness

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5987-3-3.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	576.2 KB
ID:	1137276 Main concerns here are crop and maybe motive. For both these images counts that they were shot in a sort of close up with no complete aircraft included.

Name:	DSC_5845.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	360.1 KB
ID:	1137277 Main issue here is sharpening in one part it looks soft, but another part oversharpened to me

Thank you in Advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
      Recently I've got some softness rejects where I would like some clarifications on. Also for my own understanding As I still don't seem to get this right
      At firsthttps://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10118003 .I see the left side being soft but the right side being acceptable in my eyes .
      Could this be rejected for the left side or is this overall softness?

At second https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10121178. This one I don't really understand as i see the most of the hard lines here,
      and I have several other photos from this spot and point accepted from this day.Or maybe I'm just missing the point here.
      First is soft towards the nose; second I guess a bit soft overall but would have been ok for me.

Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
      Also I would like a prescreen on three photos
      All three borderline dark/soft.

Comment

First is soft towards the nose; second I guess a bit soft overall but would have been ok for me.

All three borderline dark/soft.
        Thanks for everything about that post Dana.

However today I ran into some issues which gave a reason to come back here.

At first this reject https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10170041 for softness and contrast. I don't totally understand this one
        I don't see a lot of softness here. All the hard lines are visible however I could imagine that maybe the window areas and the nose might be too soft here.
        Contrast I disagree on as I have been careful with it adding due to the conditions. So I left all the areas visible and not washed out in my idea.

At second I had a small evening session but I ran into some photos at the end which I am unsure of, so I would like a prescreen on them.

Name:	DSC_6486-2.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	452.0 KB
ID:	1138288 Biggest potential issues are here, processing, contrast and softness.

Name:	DSC_6635-2.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	535.5 KB
ID:	1138289 Biggest potential issues here are especially contrast and exposure.Note that the entire aircraft was not included in the original

Name:	DSC_6726-2.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	504.3 KB
ID:	1138290 Biggest potential issues for me here are color/white balance (taken around 30 mins before sunset) heathaze, softness and exposure.

Name:	DSC_6582-3.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	354.9 KB
ID:	1138291 Biggest potential isssue here is softness.

If there is anything I might have missed i would like to know as well

Thanks in advance and regards.

Comment

However today I ran into some issues which gave a reason to come back here.

At first this reject https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10170041 for softness and contrast. I don't totally understand this one
          I don't see a lot of softness here. All the hard lines are visible however I could imagine that maybe the window areas and the nose might be too soft here.
          Contrast I disagree on as I have been careful with it adding due to the conditions. So I left all the areas visible and not washed out in my idea.
          Yes, quite soft. Also noisy, imho. Contrast borderline harsh.

At second I had a small evening session but I ran into some photos at the end which I am unsure of, so I would like a prescreen on them.
          All images soft/borderline soft, but otherwise ok for me.

Comment

Yes, quite soft. Also noisy, imho. Contrast borderline harsh.

Thanks for that Dana, apparently my judging failes me in this case, but seeing the soft myself and indeed imaginable noise, due to my way of editing here , I'll drop this one

All images soft/borderline soft, but otherwise ok for me.

Could you please be more specific on the borderline case(s)? Especially unsure on the Qatar and the Pegasus as I think the Easyjet is borderline and the LOT is too soft.

And another prescreen request

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_6197-2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	335.8 KB ID:	1138401 Had this one queued but removed it after getting doubts on sharpness and contrast on this one

Thanks in advance

Comment

A bit soft, but otherwise ok for me.

Comment

• Hello.

I've ran into some rejects lately and do not really know which way to go with two of them.

At first this one. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10264354. I don't see what is exactly really soft here.
                Is it just overall softness or really bad points. (Was a late evening shot so could be)
                At second this one. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10284833
                Technically I can understand this reject, The wings look odd indeed. but I can't crop closer to the tail or gear in this case as also the entire frame was not included in the original
                Now I've moved to a 4:3 frame for a tighter crop , but my felling is, that this one is soft. Could anyone give a double check here on that and maybe other issues?

Name:	DSC_6658-2-2.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	608.4 KB
ID:	1141173

Also I would like a prescreen for these images

Name:	DSC_4274-2.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	541.3 KB
ID:	1141174
                Especially on contrast/backlit and maybe other issues

Name:	DSC_4281.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	427.6 KB
ID:	1141175
                I'm almost sure that this one is soft and heathazed.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello.

I've ran into some rejects lately and do not really know which way to go with two of them.

At first this one. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10264354. I don't see what is exactly really soft here.
                  Is it just overall softness or really bad points. (Was a late evening shot so could be)
                  At second this one. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10284833
                  Technically I can understand this reject, The wings look odd indeed. but I can't crop closer to the tail or gear in this case as also the entire frame was not included in the original
                  Now I've moved to a 4:3 frame for a tighter crop , but my felling is, that this one is soft. Could anyone give a double check here on that and maybe other issues?
                  1. ok for me, but might be seen as soft along the fuselage by some
                  2. very awkward crop

Also I would like a prescreen for these images

Name:	DSC_4274-2.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	541.3 KB
ID:	1141174
                  Especially on contrast/backlit and maybe other issues

Name:	DSC_4281.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	427.6 KB
ID:	1141175
                  I'm almost sure that this one is soft and heathazed.
                  1. soft
                  2. borderline backlit/contrast
                  3. horizon, borderline (harsh) contrast

Comment

1. ok for me, but might be seen as soft along the fuselage by some
                    2. very awkward crop

1. soft
                    2. borderline backlit/contrast
                    3. horizon, borderline (harsh) contrast
                    Thanks for that Dana, I've tried my luck with the second one, and will probably try to fix the third.

Last sunday I went out, but accidentally I changed my settings in one of my cameras so unfortunately only JPG's came out.
                    So I've tried to edit them, but I am really unsure about all of these, as I'm not used into this kind of editing.
                    I know all have similar angle also, but they are all some kind of special for me
                    So for these photos I would like a prescreen.

Name:	DSC_4477-2.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	359.5 KB
ID:	1141563

Name:	DSC_4483-2.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	340.8 KB
ID:	1141564

Name:	DSC_4498-2.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	361.5 KB
ID:	1141565

Name:	DSC_4508-2.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	388.4 KB
ID:	1141566

Name:	DSC_4519-2.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	338.0 KB
ID:	1141568

For all I'm mostly unsure on sharpening/soft, dirt, and contrast

If there is anything more I would like to know as well.

Thanks in Advance
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that Dana, I've tried my luck with the second one, and will probably try to fix the third.

Last sunday I went out, but accidentally I changed my settings in one of my cameras so unfortunately only JPG's came out.
                      So I've tried to edit them, but I am really unsure about all of these, as I'm not used into this kind of editing.
                      I know all have similar angle also, but they are all some kind of special for me
                      So for these photos I would like a prescreen.
                      Borderline soft/(harsh) contrast. Some dust spots visible, yes.

Comment

Borderline soft/(harsh) contrast. Some dust spots visible, yes.
                        Thanks for that Dana,

I've reduced some contrast and added sharpening on all of them.
                        I've tried to remove dust as far as i could see, at least on the Gullivair I've found two spots and removed.
                        Also on other i've tried to remove things what in my eyes could have translated as dust
                        Could you check these revised versions again please and especially on dust eventually specify which ones could still contain dust.
                        Because my lightroom is not that great in recognising them sometimes.

Name:	DSC_4477-3.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	352.3 KB
ID:	1141749

Name:	DSC_4483-3.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	336.9 KB
ID:	1141750

Name:	DSC_4498-3.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	353.5 KB
ID:	1141751

Name:	DSC_4519-4.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	327.2 KB
ID:	1141753

Thanks in advance and apologies for probably being annoying with these.

Attached Files

Comment

I've reduced some contrast and added sharpening on all of them.
                          I've tried to remove dust as far as i could see, at least on the Gullivair I've found two spots and removed.
                          Also on other i've tried to remove things what in my eyes could have translated as dust
                          Could you check these revised versions again please and especially on dust eventually specify which ones could still contain dust.
                          Because my lightroom is not that great in recognising them sometimes.
                          All still borderline harsh contrast, but ok for me. I still see faint dust spots in all of the images.

Comment

All still borderline harsh contrast, but ok for me. I still see faint dust spots in all of the images.
                            Thanks a lot for that Dana.

I will see , if I have enough time to upload, double check on dust, rework, delete and reupload again five times on dust as my Lightroom is abandoning me in this cases at this point.
                            Otherwise I'll drop them

I ran into two other issues.
                            First this reject https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10294143
                            I wanted to leave it , but as it's buzzing me I would like to ask.
                            I thought this kind of crop was acceptable, didn't cut through engine, wheels or windows.
                            Or is this just counting on a real side on shot as that's not the case here as the aircraft is turning onto the runway here.
                            The RAW-file is only a bit longer with around half of the other engine also. so entire aircraft was not included here.
                            Or am I wrong or is this screeners discretion?
                            If I'm wrong I will refrain from ever uploading these angles again.

At second one prescreen request,

Name:	DSC_7941.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	277.8 KB
ID:	1142149

Main question. Is this one already soft?
                            Especially aroud the windows?

Thanks in Advance

Comment

I ran into two other issues.
                              First this reject https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10294143
                              I wanted to leave it , but as it's buzzing me I would like to ask.
                              I thought this kind of crop was acceptable, didn't cut through engine, wheels or windows.
                              Or is this just counting on a real side on shot as that's not the case here as the aircraft is turning onto the runway here.
                              The RAW-file is only a bit longer with around half of the other engine also. so entire aircraft was not included here.
                              Or am I wrong or is this screeners discretion?
                              If I'm wrong I will refrain from ever uploading these angles again.

At second one prescreen request,

Main question. Is this one already soft?
                              Especially aroud the windows?
                              1. subjective decision. ok for me, but obviously not for whoever screened it. May have chance of success at appeal, but couldn't promise.
                              2. yes, already noticeably soft.

Comment

1. subjective decision. ok for me, but obviously not for whoever screened it. May have chance of success at appeal, but couldn't promise.
                                2. yes, already noticeably soft.
                                Thank you for that Dana,

I'll refrain from uploading the 2nd one.
                                Today I received this reject for backlit https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10330357 , I know it's not the most ideal photo but I disagree here with the backlit note as I can clearly see light falling on the tail.
                                TBH, I even have seen photos with this (and even worser ) kind of tail-light getting accepted.
                                With a contrast note I could have dealt, but don't really know what to do with it as JP is pretty strict to backlit unfortunately.

Second question.
                                I think this one is also soft. Do I see that right?

Name:	DSC_7936.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	314.3 KB
ID:	1142375

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                                X