Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wkd001 View Post

Thank you for that Dana,

I'll refrain from uploading the 2nd one.
    Today I received this reject for backlit https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10330357 , I know it's not the most ideal photo but I disagree here with the backlit note as I can clearly see light falling on the tail.
    TBH, I even have seen photos with this (and even worser ) kind of tail-light getting accepted.
    With a contrast note I could have dealt, but don't really know what to do with it as JP is pretty strict to backlit unfortunately.

Second question.
    I think this one is also soft. Do I see that right?
    1. borderline. some light on the tail, but also in shadow.
    2. ok for me, but some might see it as soft.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. borderline. some light on the tail, but also in shadow.
      2. ok for me, but some might see it as soft.
      Thanks for that Dana,

I've tried my luck with the LH.

Today I received this reject. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10364587. I can imagine it being soft, but the underexposure I disagree on with the histogram being fully stretched. Adding more exposure would blow the whites out IMHO , but I agree rhe glare isn't helping either. So I wonder if this one is fixable, as other snaps of this aircraft do have worse quality in my eyes.

At second I would like a prescreen for two photos.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8220-2-2.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	337.0 KB
ID:	1143192Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8133.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	1143193

Because I think both are soft/heathazed. Maybe contrast/exposure also comes into play.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thanks for that Dana,

I've tried my luck with the LH.

Today I received this reject. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10364587. I can imagine it being soft, but the underexposure I disagree on with the histogram being fully stretched. Adding more exposure would blow the whites out IMHO , but I agree rhe glare isn't helping either. So I wonder if this one is fixable, as other snaps of this aircraft do have worse quality in my eyes.
        Yes soft, borderline dark but exposure would have been passable for me.

Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
        At second I would like a prescreen for two photos.

Because I think both are soft/heathazed. Maybe contrast/exposure also comes into play.
        Yes, softness/heat haze is somewhat noticeable, especially on the second.

Comment

Yes soft, borderline dark but exposure would have been passable for me.

Thank you for that Dana, I've tried to rework it, could give the exposure a slight bump and added far more sharpening, As I ramin unsure of it I would like a prescreen of it,

Name:	DSC_8047-2.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	295.6 KB
ID:	1143434

Yes, softness/heat haze is somewhat noticeable, especially on the second.
          Also thank you for that, Unfortunately I have another photo which makes me unsure

Main concerns are at least softness (I think it is) and maybe contrast.

Name:	DSC_7918.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	312.7 KB
ID:	1143435

Thank you in Advance
          Attached Files

Comment

Also thank you for that, Unfortunately I have another photo which makes me unsure

Main concerns are at least softness (I think it is) and maybe contrast.
            A bit soft yes. Contrast also borderline, but ok for me.

Comment

• Hello,

I got home from holiday this week and during my holiday I've received this reject https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10425984
              The oversharpen I don;t really see tbh and jpg compression I've never had that one before,
              Now I do see some strange kind of almost horizontal lines in the check for dust tool, But i really don't know how they got there.
              I've only added some contrast and sharpening and nothing more.
              I also save the final jpg on the highest quality possible
              This photo was taken just after the rejected photo and got accepted https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10702643
              So, maybe someone could help me here, bacause I'm a litlle confused on this one,

Also I would like prescreen on four photos.

Name:	DSC_4659-2.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	318.7 KB
ID:	1145420
              I've had this one queued, but deleted it because I think it's way too soft.

Name:	DSC_4744.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	393.3 KB
ID:	1145421
              Taken out of the window of my holiday charter, but thinking it's at leat too soft and dirty, and even thinking it;s unfixable
              But it was the only option to get an unobstructed view here.

Name:	DSC_4756.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	439.2 KB
ID:	1145422
              Possible issues for me here, soft, contrast, horizon, heathaze and maybe color

Name:	DSC_4757.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	424.4 KB
ID:	1145423
              Same story as previous.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hello,

I got home from holiday this week and during my holiday I've received this reject https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10425984
                I don't really see any oversharpening, but there is some banding/compression faintly visible in the sky.

Also I would like prescreen on four photos.
                1. borderline soft/noisy
                2. dark, borderline soft
                3-4. soft/heat haze

Comment

I don't really see any oversharpening, but there is some banding/compression faintly visible in the sky.

1. borderline soft/noisy
                  2. dark, borderline soft
                  3-4. soft/heat haze
                  Thank you for all Dana,

I've taken another snap of the rejected photo, edited it and want to offer it for prescreening now.,

Name:	DSC_4667.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	265.7 KB
ID:	1145641

There were som ethin layers of clouds visible in the background, Maybe they are the issue for creating artefacts.
                  Did not a lot of editing on this one, only adding some contrast and sharpening, but curious if it stands a chance now.

I would also like a prescreen on these two photos

Name:	DSC_4744-2.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	392.8 KB
ID:	1145642
                  INew edit of this one where I've tried to adress the issues you've mentioned, but honestly I'm afraid that the conditions and the softness (I'm almost sure it's still there )
                  will kill this one

Name:	DSC_5698-2.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	448.0 KB
ID:	1145643

Curious if all the material is not too disturbing ( the aircraft should be unobstructed though) and at least the horizon/ softness and contrast.

Thanks in advance

Comment

I've taken another snap of the rejected photo, edited it and want to offer it for prescreening now.,

I would also like a prescreen on these two photos
                    1. borderline soft/dark/compression. If the original is good, something happening with your editing.
                    2. soft
                    3. technically not obstructed, but clutter is a bit distracting, so borderline.

Comment

1. borderline soft/dark/compression. If the original is good, something happening with your editing.
                      2. soft
                      3. technically not obstructed, but clutter is a bit distracting, so borderline.
                      Thanks for that Dana,

Apparently I've made a mistake and I want to apologise for that and for wasting your valuable time on that

This edit of the Embraer E2 in the previous post was taken from a different RAW-file from the same aircraft as he rejected version and it took heavier cropping which would make clear at least partly the compression and softness issue.

For getting things better I made a re-edit of the rejected version again and I will show that now and ask for pre-screen.
                      Again I did no heavy editing only adding some contrast, removing dust and adding sharpening (sensor is dirty unfortunately,and no time for cleaning yet)

Name:	DSC_4666-2.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	267.5 KB
ID:	1145676

The RAW-file of the reject I can't upload here due to the size limitations here.

Thanks in Advance

Comment

For getting things better I made a re-edit of the rejected version again and I will show that now and ask for pre-screen.
                        Again I did no heavy editing only adding some contrast, removing dust and adding sharpening (sensor is dirty unfortunately,and no time for cleaning yet)
                        This one is soft.

Comment

• Hello,

I've received this reject today.https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10555143
                          I can imagine it being soft. (I see good parts myself, but also soft important parts) But I disagree with the underexposed.
                          In my eyes the tail and the left engine are close to being blown out already.

Also I would like a prescreen on some photos.

Same story as the rejected photo , I've just deleted this one out of my queue

I think this one is soft too.

Name:	DSC_5711-3.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	477.3 KB
ID:	1147963

A total prescreen as I've never done something like this before.

Thanks in advance

​​​​​​​

Comment

Hello,

I've received this reject today.https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10555143
                            I can imagine it being soft. (I see good parts myself, but also soft important parts) But I disagree with the underexposed.
                            In my eyes the tail and the left engine are close to being blown out already.
                            A bit dark (histogram confirms this), but would have been ok for me.

Also I would like a prescreen on some photos.
                            A bit soft, and most of the frame is dark/in shadow, so likely an issue with that.

Comment

A bit dark (histogram confirms this), but would have been ok for me.

Thanks Dana, Could an appeal stand a chance for this one?

A bit soft, and most of the frame is dark/in shadow, so likely an issue with that.
                              Ok thanks, I've tried a lot of these shots, so I will look for another one.

Best Regards

Comment

• Hello,

I've received this reject today. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10576167.
                                Compared to other soft reject I've had. I have serious doubt that this one is really soft.
                                Hard lines are visible, ok a little less on the belly, due to a small reflection.
                                Any extra guidance would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X